Trouble in Miami

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
its ricardo's old truck jrgnd out of va, built originally by x metal, ran an 11 sec pass, and ridardo had tre in va rebuild the tranny
read more than one post there pope troy:p

So you know the guy who used to own this truck and it was built by xmetal?

11 second pass??

Any other info on the truck?

I am going to call tre tomorrow and see if they have any info on the trans and converter.

Thanks for the info Tony!

if I am right its ricardo out of va, he still stops by on the forum in the political section,
but best I can remember, it was built origianally by x metal, they did the paxton kit, he had the tranny built once, and it let go rather quickly so took it to tre in va if not mistaken, then traded it in, but supposedly paid a pretty penny for the tranny upgrades, but too pretty sure he ran an 11, and posted I think 700rwhp or in that area, I wil try to find a thread or two

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
if I am right its ricardo out of va, he still stops by on the forum in the political section,
but best I can remember, it was built origianally by x metal, they did the paxton kit, he had the tranny built once, and it let go rather quickly so took it to tre in va if not mistaken, then traded it in, but supposedly paid a pretty penny for the tranny upgrades, but too pretty sure he ran an 11, and posted I think 700rwhp or in that area, I wil try to find a thread or two

I knew someone had to know something about the truck! Another reason to love the forums!

Great job on the info. I really appreciate it. I will call TRE tomorrow and see what I can find out about the trans. It seems that he got the converter before that and it still had the beat up flex plate which was cracked in 2 places. Maybe they can steer me in the right direction to find out about the converter.

I called TRE this morning and got a voicemail saying the guy was out of town at school until friday :(

Pulled the diff. cover this morning to change the fluid and didn't look too bad. No ground up parts like in the engine ;)

Forgot to mention that I pulled the nitrous system out of the truck yesterday too :D

Mighty1 said:
Hey guys, I got my 2005 SRT10 Quad a couple months ago after going temporarily insane and buying it from an out of state dealer without even driving it. It had a ton of mods done already - paxton, nitrous, xmetal TB, Bassani headers, MBRP exhaust, lowered, guages, grill, mirrors, rotors, trans and TC.

It arrived with the CEL on and a slight missfire. After a failed leakdown test and head removal, a broken piston and ring were found along with a number of other worn parts. It sat at a certain shop for 2 months before I got a super high repair estimate after which I pulled it from that shop.

I am having the engine rebuilt 10 over, forged pistons and rods of course, port and polish heads, match port intake, roller rockers, etc.

Now with the questions I hope you guys can help me with:

1) Would a cam designed to work with the SC be advised and worth the cost?

2) Is there anyone who has or makes a dedicated belt drive system for the paxton?

3) What is a safe amount of boost with pump gas and are bigger injectors advised? If so, what size?

4) This truck supposedly has the "$5000" trans and aftermarket converter. How can I tell which company built it and what converter it has? Can't seem to find any tags or numbers on either.

5) Does the 'built" trans use the ATF+4 fluid or something different?

6) Anyone know where to get a good shop manual for this truck as I have to put the engine back in having not been the one to remove it. (wires and plugs everywhere)

Thank you for any help you can provide!!

It arrived with the CEL on and a slight missfire. After a failed leakdown test and head removal, a broken piston and ring were found along with a number of other worn parts. It sat at a certain shop for 2 months before I got a super high repair estimate after which I pulled it from that shop.

When exactly did you purchase it? I traded it in early March performing properly with the tranny recently rebuilt(Week after the build). The dealer test drove the vehicle extensively.

I am having the engine rebuilt 10 over, forged pistons and rods of course, port and polish heads, match port intake, roller rockers, etc.

Do yourself a big favor and make Tony Sawyer your best friend.

4) This truck supposedly has the "$5000" trans and aftermarket converter. How can I tell which company built it and what converter it has? Can't seem to find any tags or numbers on either.

I wish the truck only had $5000 in that tranny. The first build was $7000.00. The second build was $5200.00.

5) Does the 'built" trans use the ATF+4 fluid or something different?

TRE uses GM DEXRON instead of ATF+4. At the time of my build he had the most powerful daily driver CTD in the nation. So I believe he knows what he is doing.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back