Viper Edition, 1 of 50

sleeper said:
I don't think so. Its a before picture. It only has 6 or 8 miles on it in the picture.
Didn't even notice the miles on the truck. And the plot thickens..........was it crushed or does somebody have it tucked away in a garage?

#1 of 50?....Hmmmm..think about what a discontinued model would bring at Barrett Jackson in a couple years..you saw 4 + million for a supersnake..150 k + for a superbird....dunno..I think 80k is somethig to think about...might be alittle high..but it would seem that a truck with this pedigree would command big bucks..if not now, then surelly when we are all driving smartcars cuz gas is over 5 bucks a gallon, which wont be far off..

If they were not issued VINs they could not be sold to be driven on the street. Just like you can't license a Comp Coupe for the street.

just noticed that truck's in Canada.... that being said .. it's higher than 79K... in US dollars :D .... I like to drive my trucks... not look at em.... it's a collector's vehicle...as there is only 1 (1 of 50):D

I wouldn't be so quick to write it off as overpriced...I agree with what a lot of guys have said on here, if your looking for a daily driver-this truck definitely ain't it. Is it a collectors item-maybe, if it isn't I dont know what is though? I originally submitted the post, but it didnt go up, now its up so i guess the moderator decided to finally put it up.

I originally posted it to get some feedback from people who actually knew something about the truck-thanks guys.

Some think its overpriced and some think it may be worth it...i still haven't made up my mind...I am looking for something that will definitely appreciate in value...with gas prices what they are today i couldnt afford to drive it anyway.

Like RIFF62 said, at barret the things that make a vehicle "special" this one seems to have them all from what i can tell. Have to see though, I spoke with the owner and he says he's had some offers for it, but wants it to go to the right owner(?)

Keep you guys posted how things go.

Thanks for the update. So do you already have an SRT-10? And the reason your post didn't come up right away is because the mods screen you first ten post to help with spam. Nothing against you, just standard procedure. As far as value with the truck, vehicles are never a wise investment. They are just too unpredictable. $50K would be a great price for the truck but then it would proabably be sold within hours too. That is the amount I would be willing to pay for it at this time.

Thanks for that wyorasrt-10, I couldnt figure out why they weren't posting.

I think 50K would be great, doubt thats gonna happen though. Apparently the sticker price for these beasts was around 51G's U.S back in '04...so even with the lower dollar today $50k not gonna happen.

Thing is I see the guys point, hes got a special truck..is he asking too much-maybe, but if your willing to wait and let the thing appreciate its def. a good deal. Im just not sure I wouldnt end up takin it out!!!

To answer your question, I dont have any other dodge vehicles (srt-10 included) thats why im "dodgenewbie2008"! hehe

Firmly planted on the fence for the time being...hmmm how long can i wait!

i don't care what the "real": value of these trucks are (yours is even more rare) I WILL NOT GIVE MINE UP! the "real" value lies in the feeling i get when i have detailed mine out and go for a drive. there is no other vehicle like it...well, you know what i mean. if i had the funds i would take it off your hands.:D

DodgeNewbie2008 said:
......To answer your question, I dont have any other dodge vehicles (srt-10 included) thats why im "dodgenewbie2008"! hehe.........
:embarassed: Uh yea your screen name says it all:eek:

I think that they sold in Canada for about 59k at the time.
If they bought it in the US and imported it here with our dollar as worthless as monoply money at the time they might have paid in the 70's for it.
They might just want to get there money out of it in Candaian Dollars. I still would not pay that for it but for 50k I would be on the next plane. But I could always buy a 06 Viper for 60k I dunno??:dontknow:

DodgeNewbie2008 said:
...I am looking for something that will definitely appreciate in value...with gas prices what they are today i couldnt afford to drive it anyway.

Better off finding a super-low mile, stock Gen2 Viper.

1st choice would probably be a '96 B&W.
2nd choice would be a '02 FE ACR.
IMO of course.;)

amtrucker22 said:
I understand the collectors thing, but it would really suck to have this truck and not be able to drive it!

It ain't that bad, :burnout:

I got mine in the 50's, and I know others here who paid nearly as much in 04 just to get a SRT... :rock: For investment, there's safer ways to make money, for Fun Factor it tops the list...:D

Never buy a vehicle as an investment. I'm sorry, but in the world of collectors 50 units may not even be considered rare (especially since it's mainly a color rarity). There are many 1 of 1 cars out there. The truck is a collectable for those who love these Viper Rams and the fact they are the fastest of the pickup trucks. :burnout:

I have a question, the seller says it was used in Indianapolis in 2004 , maybe my mind is failing as I age BUT wasn't these trucks at the Daytona 500 in Florida and they had a driveaway there !!! I think it was for Viper owners only and they even sold lottery tickets to win the first one ??!! Maybe I am aging but I know this board will put me straight if I am incorrect !!!!!!!

I think that its a lot of money, but worth every penny if you want the blue/white srt-10 bad enough ... especially #1 with less than 200 miles. I have bought brand new cars with more than 200 miles on it before.

I would love to paint my truck blue with white/silver stripes ... I wonder if they would equate into me getting a higher price :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

srt10 said:
I think that its a lot of money, but worth every penny if you want the blue/white srt-10 bad enough ... especially #1 with less than 200 miles. I have bought brand new cars with more than 200 miles on it before.

I would love to paint my truck blue with white/silver stripes ... I wonder if they would equate into me getting a higher price :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:
It would probably lower your price. Stock original is always better for resale.

Some people paid close to that for a new quad cab in 05. They were getting 15k over out here at first, and a lot of them went for 10k over.

Is it worth it? Just depends on how bad you want it I guess. If I had piles of cash laying around I would probably snag it up, just because.

sleeper said:
I have a trans am and I can't drive... it does SUCK!
Lost the keys???:dontknow: :banghead:
Get in that 30th and drive it like you stole it...:rock: :rock: :rock:
The only good reason to collect toys is to play with them.:dontknow: "40 year old virgin".???

Cars/trucks are terrible investments - unless you enjoy them. My crew teases me about only driving the SRT10 on Saturdays and the TA during 75-80* sunny days. :dontknow: If you have enough toys you can keep them rotated and the mileage down...:D

I'm having a badge made for my truck...:rock: :rock: :rock:
1 of 1
ITCH SRT 10 :D
Then I'll sell it for $85,000.00 right?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back