Volant, What a piece of JUNK.....

pm.racing

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm installing my Volant right now and took a minute to stop and keep from throwing it in the trash. first I didnt get a hose for the intake breather, if u try to use the stock one good luck..... Second the mounting of the filter into the box is a piain because the more you tighten the clamp the more the clamp moves the filter. The filter is not secure in the box and just hangs so you have to tighten the clamp......Their should be a secureing bar inside the box for the filter, they have a ton outside of the box lol. They just take the pics so that you dont see the filter and intake at the box. cheapens the look.. Oh well sometimes you dont get what ya pay for....
Keep the K&N drop in.......and dont waste your money:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :thefinger:

I also remember reading here, that , the hood scoop was actually an air OUTlet, not inlet. Adding a Voilant may only complicate matters, when it comes to engine cooling..... I hope others weigh in.

Did you buy the Volant used? I have not read of anyone having the problems you have had.

But I do think it is a waste of money. The stock airbox is the best REAL CAI. You can even get a cone type filter to fit in it.

And yes, the hood "scoop" is actually for cooling the engine compartment...

It really reminded me of the rice burner bolt on junk....The price is what got me after finally installing.....I really hope its function is better than its form or I will really be upset...

No I bought it new the same day I bought the truck... I passed by Summit racing and couldnt stand it I just had to buy something for the truck....

Has anyone had problems with the function of the Volant??? I thought it still seemed like it would function well but thinking now the intake does seem like it would loose the cooling....From racing I used to pack ice on the intake between rounds so I can see where this might be somewhat of a problem....

IMG00104-20090904-1856.jpg

Picture144.jpg

Picture143.jpg

Picture142.jpg

Picture141.jpg

Picture140.jpg

Picture139.jpg

Picture138.jpg

you buy a used intake ?

i didnt have any problems - i bought mine new - everthing was there, also there is a mounting bracket that bolts to the frame to the bottom of the intake box - i posted pic's so u can see

the tube like most intake setups - just hangs there - connected to the box and the TB

the only problem i remember having is lining up the hood scoop

pm.racing said:
Has anyone had problems with the function of the Volant??? I thought it still seemed like it would function well but thinking now the intake does seem like it would loose the cooling....From racing I used to pack ice on the intake between rounds so I can see where this might be somewhat of a problem....

i liked the volant - i thought it was the better of all the intakes i bought for the truck - b/s the mopar witch is equal just the volant takes up more room

i never saw my temp raise or lower with using the volant over the 4 yrs that it was on my truck

WhatI had problems with with the passenger valve cover hose to the intake.. I guess you supposed to use your stock tubing but it doesnt seem to work... So i figured a trip to Advance Auto to find some tubing.

pm.racing said:
WhatI had problems with with the passenger valve cover hose to the intake.. I guess you supposed to use your stock tubing but it doesnt seem to work... So i figured a trip to Advance Auto to find some tubing.

that tube should have came with your setup, when i installed mine, all the parts were there to install on the truck - i didnt need ne thing....

It just came with one tube that went beside the throttle body..

Never liked the idea of using the heat extractor (hood scoop) as a "CAI". I'm not too sure those guys a Volant know much about fluid dynamics or engineering. :eek:

Like others have said, the BEST cold air induction is the stock box with a gauze or foam drop-in filter.

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
the volant actually works very well ;)

thats what im saying - i loved it lol - it was just $$$$ when i bought it haha lot of ppl didnt like it bc of the $$$$ tag !!!!!!

and you should really get a catch can setup that will take care of your problem with the hoses - if you race the truck

I shoulda bought from JTS maybe all the parts would be there :)

Ok, now where do I buy the catch can at??? lol

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back