Volant, What a piece of JUNK.....

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
at low mph the volant or any other cai does not make any hp, where the volant picks up at is around 60-70 mph, some say no, but there is a difference
but $500?

This is simply not ture, in fact its pure fiction, there are some videos on youtube of our truck doing highway speeds with streamers attached all around the intake of the hood... there is only turbulant air around there an no pressure, there is no air ramming into the hood even at 100mph...... the only air traveling threw that intake is air exiting from under the hood, as the air is sucked out ....

SRT10VENOMOUS said:
This is simply not ture, in fact its pure fiction, there are some videos on youtube of our truck doing highway speeds with streamers attached all around the intake of the hood... there is only turbulant air around there an no pressure, there is no air ramming into the hood even at 100mph...... the only air traveling threw that intake is air exiting from under the hood, as the air is sucked out ....
i really dont care what the girly bicycle tassles did, I knwo what I felt:)

Black1 said:
And Tony's buttmeter doesn't lie! It's calibrated and TORQUED. :D :elefant: :toilet:

I think the problem wiht the calibration is that it gets TORQUED much to often..and throws it out of wack LOL

i was more pissed off with the quality of the Volant.

took 2 days of smoothin castin flash, inside & out.

there was not a smooth passage to the filter. filled & smoothed the extra hole instead of usin their mushroom butt plug.

did notice bout 5 degress of engine temp. while i ran it.

Only prob I had with mine was getting the scoop adjusted just right. It was quite difficult to get it lined up with the hood opening and to not interfere with the inside edges of hood scoop or the top of hood when opening and closing.

I think I mentioned on here about four years ago that the Volant was crap. I haven't seen the benefits from any of the 10's I've seen them on. I DID; however, witness two people just give theirs away. They were that disgusted with it.

I like mine. Granted I got it used so the price was good. I trapped @110 mph with a 12.61 pass. Maybe nest time I will remove the scoop an see if there is any difference.

I had the Volant on my truck for over a year and never had any problems. Did not experience any gains/losses with it. I mainly bought it for the sound......funny huh? We ask anyone who has owned a Volant intake and they know what sound. That and I had an increase in throttle response. Just my .02 LOL

5_0_BAIT said:
I had the Volant on my truck for over a year and never had any problems. Did not experience any gains/losses with it. I mainly bought it for the sound......funny huh? We ask anyone who has owned a Volant intake and they know what sound. That and I had an increase in throttle response. Just my .02 LOL

:withstupid:

Yes, I did notice the sound lol, damn louder than my exhaust lol........

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back