What If: Fuel Cost Is $10.00 a gallon?

LoveThisTruck said:
$10 per gallon gas?? I might have to reenlist:( If it gets to that point, the army will probably start an allowance for gas... just like the have for food and housing.

I'd be willing to bet that with your MOS the reenlistment bonus is huge, and rightly so! Thanks for what you do for all of us.

bigike said:
we had one of those cool gas caps that you don't have to remove to fill the tank, on the srt8

some Mexican............................ just kidding tried to steal our gas, they couldn't and only succeeded in breaking the gas cap.

so now it's got an annoying locking gas cap....................

hey..where did the post go that PROF called bigike a bigot? just curious????

I guess it is OK to make derogatory racial comments but not acceptable to express displeasure with that kind of tripe.

I have learned something.

BigIke, you are OK and I was obviously wrong.

If it gets to 10.00 I will still walk to work as I have for 6 years. It has already affected my work as some of my customers are trading in diesels on gas powered 3/4 tons and others are replacing engines instead of buying new trucks and cars.

mopower1958 said:
I...It has already affected my work as some of my customers are trading in diesels on gas powered 3/4 tons and others are replacing engines instead of buying new trucks and cars.

Interesting early indicators of things to come...excellent input.

I think Ford sees what you see. They are reducing their truck production by 20%.

I am starting to worry right now and already started getting low (paying off as much as I can, working on a DD, not eating out as much). We are in a world of hurt if something doesn't change soon. I know when I bought this truck I was not too worried about gas prices but now it is a major concern. Times are going to be interesting here soon. I just hope to hold on to the truck!

What is your gut feeling on the state of the economy?? Is there any hope with the new election?? How will Mr. Greenspan do?

UGH!

mopower1958 said:
If it gets to 10.00 I will still walk to work as I have for 6 years. It has already affected my work as some of my customers are trading in diesels on gas powered 3/4 tons and others are replacing engines instead of buying new trucks and cars.

isn't a diesel more fuel effiecient than a gas powered engine? I know diesel prices are higher but you still have to do the math and compare cost per mile, not per gallon:confused:

BurntRubber said:
isn't a diesel more fuel effiecient than a gas powered engine? I know diesel prices are higher but you still have to do the math and compare cost per mile, not per gallon:confused:

You still have to figure in the initial cost of the diesel vs gas burner too:D Then the extra for diesel at the pump:mad: It wouldn't be worth it to me to own a diesel especially right now:dontknow:

kyle's srt10 said:
You still have to figure in the initial cost of the diesel vs gas burner too:D Then the extra for diesel at the pump:mad: It wouldn't be worth it to me to own a diesel especially right now:dontknow:

For most people (excluding power freaks, ie...VTCOA) a diesel only makes sense if your going to be towing something or need serious longevity. I just want one for the power!!! plus if I can get it to get me 20+ mpg on the highway that makes it alot cheaper than my SRT10 fuel wise.
Now I love my SRT10 and Ronnie says he is getting 20mpg out of his truck. So my thoughts are sell my viper and when ym lease is up get a diesel truck, but if I could get better gas mileage out of a SRT10 then I would. this is how i would do it.
I need 4 doors so its gotta be a QC,
With the QC if you put on a ROe s/c, you could put in a 4.10 rear end but it would still feel more powerful than a 4.56 rear end with a stageII flash. Put on your headers, catless (which gave me about 2mpg highway), then (& this is the kicker) get a tranny from stinker and have 4th gear drop to a .50 ratio - this will put you at 1300 rpms @ 70mph and get you great gas mileage!!!

OCBob said:
I don't think it's a question of what if, more of when Roy. $5 gas will be a reality this summer. Hell, I've already seen $5 diesel. Our governement is letting the speculators decide what fuel will cost us, and they don't give a shit because they are making plenty of money to pay for $10 gas. Better start arming tanker drivers pretty soon, think about how much money 8800 gallons of gas or 7500 gallons of diesel (what tankers here carry) is worth.

Precisely why I've been flying ol' Mel in my AVI for the last few weeks. ;)

Roy, $10 gas will just make the divide between the classes much, much larger.... The poor don't care, they don't have a car.... the WORKING POOR will just work harder and most will be demoted to just plain poor, because they won't be able to pay for gas to get to work.... The "middle class" will be compleitly whipped out (there really isn't many left anyway) and will add to the "working poor"... The upper class will stay upper class, and they will make even more money from jabbing the poor.

So, really.... nothing will change. :dontknow: Except for prices on EVERYTHING you buy going up 200% or more. The dollar will tank (more than it has), China will "cash in" on it's loans ($Trillions of dollars worth) it gave the USA... and we will be a third world country by 2020.

Black1 said:
Precisely why I've been flying ol' Mel in my AVI for the last few weeks. ;)

Roy, $10 gas will just make the divide between the classes much, much larger.... The poor don't care, they don't have a car.... the WORKING POOR will just work harder and most will be demoted to just plain poor, because they won't be able to pay for gas to get to work.... The "middle class" will be compleitly whipped out (there really isn't many left anyway) and will add to the "working poor"... The upper class will stay upper class, and they will make even more money from jabbing the poor.

So, really.... nothing will change. :dontknow: Except for prices on EVERYTHING you buy going up 200% or more. The dollar will tank (more than it has), China will "cash in" on it's loans ($Trillions of dollars worth) it gave the USA... and we will be a third world country by 2020.

maybe 2015

wheredwhogo? said:
my recommendation is to get locking gas caps if you dont have them already. people are stealing gas where they can now. Also, as this gets worse, civil unrest will rise, thus riots and anything you can think of. If you dont have firearms, get them now in order to protect you and your family when the bastards break into your home to take your shit so they can have money. It sounds like doomsday in a movie or something, but IMO, that day is rapidly approaching.

I agree 100%.

amtrucker22 said:
What is your gut feeling on the state of the economy??

My gut feeling? We're fuct. My grandmother just said the other day "I was born in a depression, and I'm gonna die in one". I think she's right. Sorry guys, but I don't think things are gonna get any better anytime soon. Gas prices (especially diesel) are already starting to shut the country down. Look around...WAY less traffic on the roads. Yet, has that influenced the price? NO! It keeps going up anyway. So much for the "high demand" theory. Everyone is squeezing the ink outta every dollar right now, and it's still not helping.

The boom days are over in this country. We've lost control of our government and our economy. Now get ready for soup kitchens, riots, a stock market crash, and at least a ten-year economic depression.

I watch CNN a lot and have never once heard of this find. The EIA gives an estimate of 503 Billion barrels here in the US. How does this slip through the cracks? Time to put the word out. I just heard that they found over 30 billion in Brazil.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back