What is the Viper market going to do?

VIPER D.N.A

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been watching the 96-02 GTS market for a while and you can realistically get into a nice one for around 30k. What do you guys think the market is going to do? Are they going to drop more or have they leveled off? I've always wanted a Viper and I would love to buy at the right time. Hell, I've even been watching the 06 coupes go for high 30s which would be pretty nice to have but I think they will be coming down still, I'm not sure about the Gen II's though.

In your oppinion and taking all things into account (Viper maybe going out of production) what is going to be the most desired generation and when is the time to buy? Is it a good time now in this shitty economy or is the car market going to worsen? Oh ya, I know an 09 ACR is pretty frickin sweet but it will be a looong time before that is anywhere near my level of affordability. I'm looking for the right Viper at the right price at the right time. Trying to talk the wifey into thinking it's an investment. ;)

What ya think?

When you find this elusive "investment" let me know so I can buy as well. It is near impossible to predict the future pricing or someday classic status of a car unless the production numbers are under 200 and the vehicle was extremely significant for some reason.

I think we are not at the bottom yet. That goes for everything, and luxury items even more so as they are the first things to go and the last to be purchased.

OCBob said:
I think we are not at the bottom yet. That goes for everything, and luxury items even more so as they are the first things to go and the last to be purchased.

I hear ya but I can't seem to fathom a supercar such as the Viper being worth much less than where there currently at but in hard times I geuss they could. This damn auto addiction is draining me! I need to put money into something that's worthwhile but the only thing I find myself looking at is cars... I blame my dad. :)

So, if you can't fight the addiction which model would you go, or wait for? For some reason I'm not much a fan of RT/10s and converts. a 99 ACR sounds nice to me.

any viper you are buying for $30k, even in this market is not a desired car.
nor is a viper a supercar, its a dodge.

maybe a red 98 GTS with 25k miles is around $30K

prices seemed to have stabilized, for now

BurntRubber said:
any viper you are buying for $30k, even in this market is not a desired car.
nor is a viper a supercar, its a dodge.

maybe a red 98 GTS with 25k miles is around $30K

prices seemed to have stabilized, for now

I see your point, the ones I look at are always priced higher than the average viper, be it low miles, ACR, Limited Edition, supercharged etc. but I think an 01 Bumblebee with 25k miles is a somewhat limited car and a great deal at 30k.

I'm not touching the "supercar" debate, but in my mind it will always be one :)

Red, I will take it off ya anytime :D

The really nice forged TT and SC cars are still getting a premium over stock cars, do you think this will last? All original is the way to go for a collector in the long run but with all the technology and high $ restomods around they might hang in there and fit into a category of their own.

Man, an 06 VOI coupe looks purdy too. White/Blue, I think they made 200 of them.

VIPER D.N.A said:
I see your point, the ones I look at are always priced higher than the average viper, be it low miles, ACR, Limited Edition, supercharged etc. but I think an 01 Bumblebee with 25k miles is a somewhat limited car and a great deal at 30k.

I'm not touching the "supercar" debate, but in my mind it will always be one :)
burnt is one of those guys that thinks he knows it all pay him no attention!!!!!:D :D :D

The word investment and car do not even belong in the same sentence. You have a better chance of winning the lottery than buying any car today that will be worth more later.

ChrisAZ said:
The word investment and car do not even belong in the same sentence. You have a better chance of winning the lottery than buying any car today that will be worth more later.
:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: chris from arizona you are a very smart man!!!!!!and cute to boot:D

ChrisAZ said:
I call BS! I guarantee my 1970 1/2 Camaro Z28 that I paid $1,000 dollars for was a very wise INVESTMENT :D

ChrisAZ said:

Very true....however, many years ago my family moved to PA. Mom fell in love with the then new Camaro. Dad, who is not in any way shape or form a car guy, couldnt see how a Camaro would work with family of 4. Mom apparently promised no more kids. Dad bought her the Camaro...this was 1969. I remember the car but did not realize what he had bought her until I saw a pix a doz years later while I was in HS. 1969 Camaro "Yanko" clearly seen down the sides. I still have that pix in my office. Dad never would tell me what 'really' convinced him to buy that car for Mom.

BTW...Mom was already pregnant when he took delivery. :rock:

ChrisAZ said:

I have to disagree with that. I think that performance cars/trucks will be worth more in 20-30 years, when were all driving electric cars.

05QCSRT10 said:
10k :D :D :D :D :D
I would find it hard that any good condition car falls below 25-30k as a ton of people can qualify to borrow that much. My logic is it will not fall below what a new harley costs with the whole mid life crisis thing.

trubuilt said:
I would find it hard that any good condition car falls below 25-30k as a ton of people can qualify to borrow that much. My logic is it will not fall below what a new harley costs with the whole mid life crisis thing.

USA bidding only:p :p :p :D :D :D

trubuilt said:

I'm along the same lines as you. Why buy a new Camaro or Charger for MORE than a slightly used exotic bad ass snake. :confused: I'm really wondering if this type of caliber of car can slip much more.

I will up the bid to 15k :) Can I see some pics of what I'm bidding on?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back