What would you buy?

There may be a few boo's after this but:

Porsche Speedster

Prof said:
There may be a few boo's after this but:

Porsche Speedster
I like that. I have a 55 Vw Sunroof car with a 2.3L motor 48 IDA's and a close ratio 5 speed box with a 4.37 r&p. It ran 13.30 before I built the stroker:D Of course in Texas the cool factor isn't there, like a Viper Truck:rock:

thebucket said:
I like that. I have a 55 Vw Sunroof car with a 2.3L motor 48 IDA's and a close ratio 5 speed box with a 4.37 r&p. It ran 13.30 before I built the stroker:D Of course in Texas the cool factor isn't there, like a Viper Truck:rock:
u should get about 10-15000 miles out of that motor before it blows,2.3 is really just a drag motor,not tryin to bust ur balls,but a better motor is 1776 - 2.0,plus dellorto carbs are less tempermental than the webers ,but i'm sure that 55 rag top is fast!

Did a Stage-1 GS-X clone on a budget, great car, never underestimate those 455 based motors, alot of potential.
GS-XrearLowRes.jpg

GS-XTopView.jpg

462Stage1.jpg

But, now I'm playing around with Pontiac, a '78 W-72 T/A with a stroker motor. (I wish I had the money to jump on Mutt's '66 Goat!!)
Nohoodrf.JPG

StandwHeaders.JPG

muscletrucks said:
Not really my style. I am looking to do something more like a Chip Foose vehicle. Basically use today's technology (new high HP crate engine, trans, all disk brakes, AC, electronics, leather, etc.) and package it in the old muscle car style.

The thing that gave me the bug is a 69 Camaro Convertible that Foose did and is for sale on page 78 of this months DuPont Registry. The unfortunate thing is they want $295,000.

That's the prob,wanted to do a 67 Mustang super mod but it was gonna take over $60k worth of parts and me do the work minus the paint job minus the cost of the car which sold while I was adding up the parts.
So on a budget if you do most of the work need about $80 to &100k for a jaw dropper.

TnVTX said:
Did a Stage-1 GS-X clone on a budget, great car, never underestimate those 455 based motors, alot of potential.
GS-XrearLowRes.jpg

GS-XTopView.jpg

462Stage1.jpg

But, now I'm playing around with Pontiac, a '78 W-72 T/A with a stroker motor. (I wish I had the money to jump on Mutt's '66 Goat!!)
Nohoodrf.JPG

StandwHeaders.JPG

Super sexy rides!

I like, lots!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back