which drop kit?

I've got the 1/2 drop from boomer. Based on my experience getting Camber and Castor back into acceptable parameters I can pretty much say you won't be able to with the 2" drop in front. probably get it close enough that for most it wont matter but I'm a bit anal that way. I was not willing to sacrifice handling.

As for the 1" drop I.ve had no issues with speed bumps but entry/exits as well as curbs can easily leave plastic all over the place.

ccfeyh said:
I
Of course I could just bag the thing and not have the problem at all, just don't like the ride of bagged vehicles.

bro you have to lose the bug deflector ......

SRT10VENOMOUS said:
bro you have to lose the bug deflector ......

Yea, my wife bought that for the truck, it's coming off very soon. She thought it needed a little chrome after the telephone pole kiss I had.

I am putting the 7 piece billet grille set on it within the next few weeks. Maybe she'll want it for her PT Cruiser????:dontknow:

I installed Boomer's drop kit and was blown away. The improved handling is unF@#$%^& believable, way better than I expected. The stance is perfect, very slight rake. Very little body roll in HIGH speed curves. No bump steer. Also, I didn't have to elongate the A-arm slots for alignment (straight up 0/0).
Now for the delivery time; Remember not long ago everything took 4 to 6 weeks for delivery and you were lucky to see it in under 12. Boomer & Marty deliver the goods literally, ( Thanks guys ).:rock: :rock: :rock:

P.S. Beware...it can be a little hard to steer at first (with all the WOOD in the way, and you will need to carry a towel.:D :D

WOLFRAM said:
I installed Boomer's drop kit and was blown away. The improved handling is unF@#$%^& believable, way better than I expected. The stance is perfect, very slight rake. Very little body roll in HIGH speed curves. No bump steer. Also, I didn't have to elongate the A-arm slots for alignment (straight up 0/0).
Now for the delivery time; Remember not long ago everything took 4 to 6 weeks for delivery and you were lucky to see it in under 12. Boomer & Marty deliver the goods literally, ( Thanks guys ).:rock: :rock: :rock:

P.S. Beware...it can be a little hard to steer at first (with all the WOOD in the way, and you will need to carry a towel.:D :D

I think this says it all about Boomer and X-Metal...welcome back Gary...

Check with the mopar connection.He is a new vendor and has a ton of knowledge about these trucks.!!

Black1 said:
Outnumbered's drop is the "2/4 X-Metal" kit.... Now BE AWARE: The '06 QCs are getting some vibration problems from this kit. They are working on a solution.

But, it is the best LOOKING kit out there, IMO. :)

I have the x-metal kit on my truck with no vibration @ any speed its all how you set up the pion angle. Its an angle of the dangle thing

ccfeyh said:
Yea, my wife bought that for the truck, it's coming off very soon. She thought it needed a little chrome after the telephone pole kiss I had.

I am putting the 7 piece billet grille set on it within the next few weeks. Maybe she'll want it for her PT Cruiser????:dontknow:

And the front plate holder.

The kit I bought from Boomer was real 1" drop in the front, and 2" drop in the rear, I did not want to go any lower than that. I did have to elongate the holes where the upper control arms bolt to the truck about 1/8 inch. I also have the X-metal shocks, the ride is a little firmer, but the handling is far superior.

Bill.

Begood said:
The kit I bought from Boomer was real 1" drop in the front, and 2" drop in the rear, I did not want to go any lower than that. I did have to elongate the holes where the upper control arms bolt to the truck about 1/8 inch. I also have the X-metal shocks, the ride is a little firmer, but the handling is far superior.

Bill.
exactly whether the one or two inch drop on the front CAN BE ALIGNED\

back to factory specs, mine is much more than 2 inch and is back to factory specs,
to play the game you have to be willing to sacrafice sometimes, if you want a Joe bob bolt on and go home then leave your truck stock

Can't lose the front plate holder

newmexicoviper said:
And the front plate holder.

I've gotten three tickets in the past three weeks, while parked from our wonderful community parking crew for not having a front plate on my truck. Seems they can't see the sticker in my window that show why there isn't one on the truck. It was slightly destroyed when it had the chat with the telephone pole.

California sucks when it comes to front plates.

ccfeyh said:
I've gotten three tickets in the past three weeks, while parked from our wonderful community parking crew for not having a front plate on my truck. Seems they can't see the sticker in my window that show why there isn't one on the truck. It was slightly destroyed when it had the chat with the telephone pole.

California sucks when it comes to front plates.

Hahahah i cant count the bad Cali comments on here.

I am still thinking of which one to go with. I just got back in town and I am gonna look hard this weekend...

Stock VS. X-Metal

Here you go, I thought a side by side might help you guys make up you mind on the visuals. I still say the improved handling would be the real issue. Every time I've pushed it a little further, I'm not disappointed. Sorry for the delay on posting the pics.

Attachments

• Image_07.jpg
    Image_07.jpg
    997.6 KB · Views: 91
i can tell you 1st hand the mcgaughy's handling sucks ive got a kit for a 05 qc that ill sell and donate it to ken and dawnbut i wouldnt take a dime for it for myself. if i decide to lower it again im going with xmetal.

Back