which drop kit?

Better get cal-tracs if you get the x-metal drop. I've had many vibration issues no matter what pinion angle it was set to. I had the shop put on the new shackles that came with the drop kit and half of the vibration is gone now; gotta be a weight transfer issue with the 06 QCs. The cal-tracs should totally eliminate the vibration (I hope) even though the kit should work correctly without additional hardware. Good luck

eddie102870 said:
i can tell you 1st hand the mcgaughy's handling sucks ive got a kit for a 05 qc that ill sell and donate it to ken and dawnbut i wouldnt take a dime for it for myself. if i decide to lower it again im going with xmetal.

Why do you think it sucks?:dontknow: It seems kinda mushy to me but it seems to handle fairly decent. Its not like it was when it was stock but I figure I changed the suspension so the ride has to change a bit....I havent ridden in a truck that has the XMetal kit but I know that the ride aint that bad with the McGaughys kit.

BTW...I'm not trying to sell the McGaughys kit, but for those of us that cant afford the XMEtal drop....Mcgaughys has got to be our next best choice. After all there arent too many differences between the kits.:dontknow:

ive got a qc if you got a rc it will ride better, the springs on the qc are weak mine bottomed out all the time rc springs would have helped that but they are around 800.00 so that puts you close to xmetal and when i lowered it it was hard to get the front end lined up and always rode on the bumpstops. its made out of cheaper stuff too. im like you i got 3 kids and a ex wife so i know how tight money is, thats why i bought it to begin with. i love the stance it puts the truck at but id rather have the ride right now.

eddie102870 said:
ive got a qc if you got a rc it will ride better, the springs on the qc are weak mine bottomed out all the time rc springs would have helped that but they are around 800.00 so that puts you close to xmetal and when i lowered it it was hard to get the front end lined up and always rode on the bumpstops. its made out of cheaper stuff too. im like you i got 3 kids and a ex wife so i know how tight money is, thats why i bought it to begin with. i love the stance it puts the truck at but id rather have the ride right now.

I had mine installed at the dealership and they got it lined up pretty good. I'm also in a QC...The only thing I've noticed is the mushy, bouncy feeling on bumpy roads but from what I hear thats normal.:dontknow:

may be, our roads here suck big time anyway. mine just didnt handle as good as i liked when it was lowered and it bottomed out too much. probably cause of all the kids in the back seat all the time.

Anyone heard of or have a GroundForce kit? any comparisons/experience with? They have had one listed for atleast a year. $4-500 found several vendors sell it.

MYTRAM said:
Anyone heard of or have a GroundForce kit? any comparisons/experience with? They have had one listed for atleast a year. $4-500 found several vendors sell it.

They suck in general.... I've never heard any "rave" reviews... The only reason they stay on the market is they are (commonly) the cheapest kit.

I think that if it werent for McGaughys kit...I wouldnt be able to afford one. And its good too. Not the best but good!:)

ground force for the qc is 910 dollars:dontknow:

how much is mcgaffeys or whatever and do they have a website?

I have a call into boomer but it is a holiday week.

xtreme2424 said:
ground force for the qc is 910 dollars:dontknow:

how much is mcgaffeys or whatever and do they have a website?

I have a call into boomer but it is a holiday week.

I got mine for 320 bucks off of Ebay and yes they have a website...www.McGaughys.com.;)

newmexicoviper said:
And the front plate holder.

Is your kit the 2/4 drop from x-metal or a 1/2 drop?

I just installed my x-metal kit yesterday and wasn't aware that there were 2 different kits that I could order...it looks like I installed a 2/4 kit...not what I wanted:(

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back