wtb rear gears 4:56 or 4:88

mauiSRT/10 said:
Dont forget the Viper car is not running around on 22's!!!

patrick

True, and I think with your set-up Partick 4.88's are probably very fun. But I was talking about a something with more modifications.
If you took Prof or MarkT's truck to the track and had a good driver behind the wheel, I bet you could get better times with the 4.10's than the 4.88's. there is more than enough power but not enough gear. 4 gear shifts is alot in a 1/4 mile, and those are tough shifts in the truck.

With FI I think 4.56 makes more sense than 4.88's. You really have to define your needs. The stock 4.10's really bog the truck down............the 4.88's bring the truck to life. In a perfect world you would be able to drive both setups to really feel the difference.

patrick

mauiSRT/10 said:
With FI I think 4.56 makes more sense than 4.88's. You really have to define your needs. The stock 4.10's really bog the truck down............the 4.88's bring the truck to life. In a perfect world you would be able to drive both setups to really feel the difference.

patrick
In a perfect world you would ship me your truck and let me borrow it for a month...just so I can compare the 4.88's:D

I will put new tires on for you!:rofl:

BurntRubber said:
In a perfect world you would ship me your truck and let me borrow it for a month...just so I can compare the 4.88's:D

I will put new tires on for you!:rofl:
You are such a giver ;) ;) ;) :D

Yup, I agree that the FI engine is best suited to the 4:56...which is what I have, so why do I still run in the 14's?

Be careful how you respond...I am a very sensitive man...

Prof said:
Yup, I agree that the FI engine is best suited to the 4:56...which is what I have, so why do I still run in the 14's?

Be careful how you respond...I am a very sensitive man...

Being a sensitive man you are probably over sensitive about your truck...you are probably subconsconiously(yea, I know) holding back by not pushing the pedal to the floor...you dont want hurt the truck..right?...:dontknow: :D

I love my 4.88's and will be adding FI in the next month:rock: I don't go to the track much or at all for that matter. The 4.88's are just fun in the street plus I get to use 6th gear:burnout:

kyle's srt10 said:
I love my 4.88's and will be adding FI in the next month:rock: I don't go to the track much or at all for that matter. The 4.88's are just fun in the street plus I get to use 6th gear:burnout:

Exactly..............define your needs. You dont got to the track much so shifting to 5th isnt a concern. You will have an insane street rod even more so with the SC'r installed!!!:burnout:

patrick

Prof said:
Sure there is...its called forced injection...

While Marc has 4:88's with his Roe TSTM, I think in a quarter mile he will have to shift one more time than I have to with my 4:56 and a Roe...an extra shift in a quarter mile contest is a huge disadvantage...I think...but I am often wrong...

You should have read the rest of my response to see my understanding of getting the 4.88s over the 4.56s. Besides an extra gear wont really hurt if you can shift...

FerrariTruck said:
...Besides an extra gear wont really hurt if you can shift...

I think you have nailed it there! I can't shift, I have a tough time getting my foot off the floor board, and my reaction times are measured in minutes not thousandths...Have a tough time telling the difference between the amber and green lights, and keep wondering which light is going to come on next!

Prof said:
I think you have nailed it there! I can't shift, I have a tough time getting my foot off the floor board, and my reaction times are measured in minutes not thousandths...
Does the IL Department of Motor Vehicles know about this :eek: :eek: :p :p :p ;) ;) :D

Wifey said:
Does the IL Department of Motor Vehicles know about this :eek: :eek: :p :p :p ;) ;) :D

In my kindest, most sincere, and deeply sensitive feminine voice I say to you,

"Whatever.":D

Prof said:
In my kindest, most sincere, and deeply sensitive feminine voice I say to you,

"Whatever.":D
Ooooooh, that came in LOUD AND CLEAR :D :rock: :rock: :rock: :D You go girl ..... errrr uhhhh Roy ;) ;) :D

Thanks everyone for your input I just baught a set of gears and will hopefully have them to install next weekend. Thanks

flchub said:
can i have ur 4:10's?
Your 05 and 06 have 4.56 gears and a #2 carrier. To use the 4.10's you will need everything. Ring, pinion, and #1 carrier to make the change.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back