Performance Modifications (Forged)

Prof

Supporting Member
Reaction score
1. Diamond Pistons (coated)

NewBuild2.jpg

2. Oliver Rods (Nitride)

NewBuild1.jpg

3. Crank shaft (Grind, Nitride, and polish)

NewBuild3.jpg

4. Balanced rotating assembly installed

NewBuild4.jpg

I was a little disappointed that the piston coating was not quite a match with the Nitride parts...but, you know mechanics...can't be trusted to color match anything!

Prof said:
I was a little disappointed that the piston coating was not quite a match with the Nitride parts...but, you know mechanics...can't be trusted to color match anything!

no matter what, i think the Roe will change that color quick :D

Prof said:
Whooop, Whooooooop!
and Bling Bling!! :D :congrats: Looks great Roy, congrats on everything coming together for you :rock: When you gonna drive her :dontknow:

Hey Prof,

That is next on my mod list. What could I expect to pay for each of those goodies, and what should I pay to have them installed?

Basically what your saying Roy is, that if you want to go fast, everyone should have a bit of yellow... :)

Wifey said:
and Bling Bling!! :D :congrats: Looks great Roy, congrats on everything coming together for you :rock: When you gonna drive her :dontknow:

Depends on scheduling of the dyno tune...have to find out when Sean Roe can spare some time on the phone and internet and get dyno time (and hopefully Stingray) to get the tune perfect.

SrtBrad said:
How much did they grind the crank? BTW did you get the grooved bearings?

Not much, just enough to allow for the nitride and a polish, and yes grooved bearings, machined galleys, and a one-piece bottom end pressure relief valve.

joemags54 said:
Hey, your just a "happening" kinda guy! :p Prof and I would say " GROOVY"

Far out!

LitemUp said:
Hey Prof,

That is next on my mod list. What could I expect to pay for each of those goodies, and what should I pay to have them installed?

Not an easy question to answer...but labor for a complete rebuild by an experienced pro that is dealing just with the engine, not remove and replace, should be about 25 to 30 hours. But there is a lot of sending parts out, getting them back, checking tolerances, ordering parts, getting the wrong ones...waiting on subs that are late...etc.

The man that did my engine build does not deal with removal and replacement, so that is a separate expense (about $1500 here in Chicago). I sent my builder the engine. He is a Chrysler employee and has worked for Arrow Racing (closed and about to reopen under new ownership), and only works on one engine at a time. His labor was about $2000.

If anyone wants to contact him about getting work done send me a PM.

Manic said:
Basically what your saying Roy is, that if you want to go fast, everyone should have a bit of yellow... :)

Well, the yellow was just a racial bias I happen to have:D :D :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back