Performance Modifications (Forged)

The plan is the answer...start with the end in mind...constantly sharpen your saw...seek first to understand then to be understood.

Class dismissed.

Any photos of your stock pistons and what they looked like. I may have missed it, well, I did, how did you go boom, what were you running? I'm guessing a SC or turbo system of some sort. Thanks. ;)

Carlwalski said:
Any photos of your stock pistons and what they looked like. I may have missed it, well, I did, how did you go boom, what were you running? I'm guessing a SC or turbo system of some sort. Thanks. ;)

Good morning Carl...it is very early here in Chicago (4:30 am).

Here is the site that addresses my piston issues:

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24431

Roy

Thank you Roy, man that is scary but good to know. I see it is all the SC guys running into these problems. That makes me feel a lot better. I think as days go on and people work together we are all coming to the same conclusion; leave the trucks pretty standard. Bolt ons and walk away if you don't want the risk of blowing it up. That's what I've seen anyhow.

Well I think we will continue to go to forced induction, but I believe that we will start from the bottom end up...building for the added pressure, heat, weight and rpm's will be the course in the future. No short cuts...just back to builds rather than quick thrills.

I'm trying to find the cost of pistons and rods but am having a hard time....
Went to diamonds site and they just list sizes...I have no damn clue

When shopping for goodies what sizes do I need
I just want to replace the stock pistons and rods.

There are lots of pistons to choose from and the same for rods.

I got Diamond Pistons, Pins, Rings, and coated decks and skirts: $1575.

Oliver Rods: $2250

Hope that helps...

Roy

Everyone has an opinion...the guy who built the engine prefers Oliver and has a source...they are not that easy to get.

I have always left the details to the man doing the work...

SRT10VENOMOUS said:
are there any forged rods cheeper ??? or is 2200 what you will expect to pay ??/
carillo is around 1200 i think,works fine for what ur looking for

Lots of cheaper ones and pistons too...

But, you really need to think about where you want to go and what you want to achieve. Begin with the goal in mind, then work your plan.

Damn you Roy!!:mad:

One uped again! Now I gotta go find a second job just to keep up!:eek:

Gonna be a monster, I can't wait till we see the numbers!!:rock: :rock:

You staying with the Vec or gonna go with the SCT Tuner??

Staying with the VEC...but I could care less about the truck...

I'm on Keys time and attitude...

One more Corona please, with a Key Lime...Thank-you.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back