Performance Modifications (Forged)

I want to be the first to guess Roy:D I'm going to say 660rwhp:rock:

You are going to let us know Saturday afterwards right?:dontknow:

My tune will be tomorrow afternoon...we will be using a Mustang dyno...I understand that they read differently than the Dyno Jet...so I won't have an apples to apples comparison...if it is good I will post up...if it is bad I will limp off into a corner and hide...isn't that what everyone would do?

Prof said:
My tune will be tomorrow afternoon...we will be using a Mustang dyno...I understand that they read differently than the Dyno Jet...so I won't have an apples to apples comparison...if it is good I will post up...if it is bad I will limp off into a corner and hide...isn't that what everyone would do?

I would only do that if it scatters on the dyno:eek: :D

Getting Sean to get your tune spot on is all I would worry about;)

I think you have a really strong build though Roy.:rock: It should be bullet proof.

Did you use the stock cam? I can't remember.

Prof said:
Yes, I get a little sick to my stomach when I see internal mayhem...but I will post some pics of my stock pistons as a warning to those who have not gone to forged internals...nothing missing, but lots of stress fractures, and all ten are cracked a little.
after how may miles with the roe before you change them?

DevilDawg3097 said:
after how may miles with the roe before you change them?

Long time;) Roy's truck has the very first Roe kit on it:rock:

I plan on forgeing it in jan or feb but i plan on play with the roe when I get it until the last track closes in the middle of november. so I figure about 2500-4000 miles before I park her and gut er.

What is the normal diff. between a Mustang and Dyno Jet?

Anyone have comparison data?

Prof said:

Nope, glad I could help :D :D :D

Prof said:
You are so helpful...
And you are so SLOWWWW :D

27 MINUTES what were you doing???? :dontknow:

Whats up with all the deleted pics? Did you have some naked pics of yourself mixed in?:D

Steve I reorganized my pics on photobucket.com and in the process killed some of the file attributions...I will repost when I get time, but probably not until next week...

Prof said:

Good one! One thing to keep in mind, I have yet to see anyone race a dyno.;) It doesn't much matter what the dyno says, they all can be manipulated, what matters is how it runs on the track!:rock: :rock: :rock:

Prof said:

Minimum of 8% High of 15%. Average of 12% ?

Some say they are the same but I guess it all depends on the dynos themselves, calibration and operators. As mentioned several times, dynos are a tuning tool.
The Mustang I was on was notoriously stingy and gave me 492.2 with a tranny that was on it's way out. The Dynojet gave me 566 a few days later with no changes to the truck other than a new tranny. Typically, comparing the 2 facilities, this particular Mustang is 15% lower than the Dynojet. Both seem to be 1st class operations.
The 1/4 mile/performance/r.w.h.p. software I use, tends to produce numbers favoring the Dynojet. And numbers from the Dynojets look better ;)
The advantage to the Mustang of course is the operator can load it to simulate actual running conditions.
Just make sure that bad boy isn't pinging during your pulls!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back