Performance Modifications (Forged)

Prof said:
Need more time on the dyno...but it is coming on very strong...-10 degrees of timing is hitting close to 600...

Working on the heavy tune /meth...needs more time...but mild tune on it now is more than I can handle in the first two gears...breaking tires loose hitting fourth.

Having two of the most experienced Viper Dyno people in the world hovering over my truck working together to tune it...priceless!

Picture527.jpg

And tomorrow morning:

Picture532.jpg

Picture530.jpg

Prof

I know both of those vipers. I meet them up here MN. They are both very nice guys. They got to see the truck....

Hilgee said:
Prof

I know both of those vipers. I meet them up here MN. They are both very nice guys. They got to see the truck....

Hey Paul! Yes, both Matt and Steve are super people...we got around to talking about you and your monster. Sure wish you could have been with us...both of them finished their tunes and I believe were very happy with the results.

Hope all is well with you and your truck.

We had a chance to really work on the hot rod tune this afternoon.

Sean discovered a slight design issue that was an item that only he would have ever diagnosed. Ten minutes of fabrication by Norm and a huge increase in performance with zero degrees of timing pulled.

On the ride home today, had an open stretch of interstate...pushed up to near the rev limiter in third gear...I was shitting in my pants, crushing the shift knob and steering wheel and screaming in fear...Sean heard a couple of pings, pulled out his computer, adjusted my hot rod card by adding a couple of percent more meth between 4500 and 5500 and I was wondering if I would ever get the nerve up to hit those rpm's again...

What an incredible technician...

The truck is wicked fast, and surely now is the undisputed, quickest, fastest, most durable 14 second SRT 10, in Wadsworth, IL.

Got the same question (a logical question) over on "The Alley"... here is how I responded:

You know I have no idea!

Sean and Norm gave me an education about tuning that emphasized the concept that hp and tq are really just marketing points...neither of them was at all concerned about the numbers...it was all about air/fuel ratios, cooling in specific rpm ranges, and about a dozen other parameters...that just confused me.

So I did not even ask...

I do know that the truck is wicked fast after yesterday afternoon's final session. We found a technical issue with the injection angle of the meth that made a huge difference...

I am so stoked that I can't sleep.

My estimate is close to 750 rwhp...but I am very old, tend toward exaggeration, and have been known to outright lie without reason.

Sean says he saw a number close to 600, but that since it was a Mustang dyno he didn't have a frame of reference because all of his experience prior to this was on a Dyno Jet...

I think I will seek a Dyno Jet this week to get a number...Sean cautioned me that if I develop a conversion factor that it may or may not apply to anyone else with a build like mine, and certainly could not be applied to different vehicles or set ups.

But I know inquiring minds will want bottom line numbers and all of us know that if you have any ego at all you need to use a Dyno Jet for those hp and tq figures!

Whatever the numbers are...it runs so good!

That is just sick Roy!!

Roe Rocks!!!:rock: :rock:

I saw an advertisement here where Sean is selling his Dyno , I take it they are moving??

Did he say where the new place will be??

Congratulations Prof. Sounds like you're thrilled with the outcome.

Thrilled is a huge understatement. I just have so much confidence in the work that Sean did...I know that the hot rod tune is aggressive, but safe...and Sean is always so willing to give input and his assistance...The truck is capable of much more than the driver can get out of her...no doubt...

Sean is in the process of moving...some of the equipment that he has that is not getting as much use as it did due to his decision to "get back to basics and stick to the knitting"...he is making some excellent business decisions for him and for us! We bounced a lot of ideas around in our spare time this weekend and he has really done his home work (go figure...this is Sean Roe we are talking about!).

amtrucker22 said:
And that is truly what matters!!:rock:

There is no truer statement...people need to think about amtrucker22's comment...it is the essence of who and what we are as vehicle enthusiasts.

Congrats Roy........ That sounds awesome...... I know you will be happy for a couple of weeks with it....:D :D :D :D :D :D

Borden's SRT said:
Congrats Roy........ That sounds awesome...... I know you will be happy for a couple of weeks with it....:D :D :D :D :D :D

A couple of weeks:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

Anyone stapped NOS on top of a Roe Twin Screw???

Borden's SRT said:

And then it will start to snow... :p

btw, great job Roy! The truck is awesome!

Wil

Prof said:
A couple of weeks:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

Anyone stapped NOS on top of a Roe Twin Screw???

I think 1fast did...

:driver: :driver: :driver: :driver: :driver: :driver: :driver: :driver: :driver: :driver: :driver: :driver: :driver: :driver: :driver: :driver: :driver: :driver: :driver: :top: :top: :top: :top: :top: :top: :top: :top: :top: :top: :top: :top: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing2: :dancing2: :dancing2: :dancing2: :dancing2: :dancing2: :dancing2: :dancing2: :dancing2: :dancing2: :dancing2: :dancing2: :dancing2: :dancing2: :dancing2: :dancing2: :dancing2: :dancing2: :dancing2: :dancing2: :dancing2: :dancing2: :dancing2: :dancing2: :dancing2: :dancing2: :dancing2: :dancing2: :dancing2: :dancing2: :dancing2: :dancing2: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :aetsch: I have waited for this moment for months now:D

CONGRATULATIONS!:party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party:

in your build, did anything get done to address the oiling issues on these engines or are you just staying away from 6000rpms altogether ?:dontknow:

btw, congrats on finishing.:congrats:

ever going to run & actually post your 1/4 mile times ? ;)

Congrats prof..:congrats: :congrats: ..you are correct about the numbers on the dyno...as I have said many times...dummy, dynos are for tuning, tracks are for bragging.

When Torrie of Unleashed Tuning tuned my truck he mentioned the same things Sean said to you (Sean & Torrie have worked together before) "it was all about air/fuel ratios, cooling in specific rpm ranges, and about a dozen other parameters".....

You will note that my truck did not make any bigger than normal numbers (625HP) with the 10LB pulley but I am the fastest non-ntrious Roe truck in the timeslip section (12.184 @ 115.89).....this is what matters to me..;)

moparracing said:
in your build, did anything get done to address the oiling issues on these engines or are you just staying away from 6000rpms altogether ?:dontknow:

Here are some of the things done to address the oiling issues:

Block: Main Bores in block had oil reservoirs machined into them.

Bearings: Gen 4 main bearings used for 160 degree oiling, with extra feed hole for volume. Main and Rod Bearings have Teflon Coating for Durability.

There is a new Needle Bearing Pilot Bearing in the back of the Crank and a new 1 piece Oil Control Valve in the Oil Pump.

moparracing said:
...ever going to run & actually post your 1/4 mile times ? ;)

Probably not. I haven't in the past, and just feel that it is not beneficial to anyone...this truck is my hobby, and the way it pleases me day to day is what is important...it may never see a track again...before the build it probably only had 8 or 9 timed runs...she is basically a garage queen that goes for weekend strolls in perfect weather, usually with a car show as the destination...and it has been know in the past to stretch its legs from stop light to stop light.

Prof said:
Here are some of the things done to address the oiling issues:

Block: Main Bores in block had oil reservoirs machined into them.

Bearings: Gen 4 main bearings used for 160 degree oiling, with extra feed hole for volume. Main and Rod Bearings have Teflon Coating for Durability.

There is a new Needle Bearing Pilot Bearing in the back of the Crank and a new 1 piece Oil Control Valve in the Oil Pump.

Probably not. I haven't in the past, and just feel that it is not beneficial to anyone...this truck is my hobby, and the way it pleases me day to day is what is important...it may never see a track again...before the build it probably only had 8 or 9 timed runs...she is basically a garage queen that goes for weekend strolls in perfect weather, usually with a car show as the destination...and it has been know in the past to stretch its legs from stop light to stop light.

Hey, Congrats to ya Prof! It sounds like you finally have what you wanted. :rock: :rock: :rock::rock: :rock: :rock:

On the topic of track times, I kinda know what you mean about not flogging your truck but I do feel it is beneficial to those thinking about a similar project as it gives them real world data to go along with their expectations. These things aren't common like Mustangs and the information provided can really help those that pay attention to results others have had. Mine is also a daily driver, and a hobby as well but it is YOUR vehicle at the end of the day.

Congrats again!

Have Fun...

Rottenronnie

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back