Performance Modifications (Forged)

rottenronnie said:
Multiply them by 1.15
That should be a realistic Mustang-to-Dynojet conversion, albeit on the high side.

Sounds good to me...but it would still be an estimate...the real advantage to a dynojet is that the results are repeatable...we will see...I will get some dynojet numbers on Wed or Thursday...

The problem with a multiplier is that it just does not allow for all of the variables.

But if you folks want to say 685 for my grocery getter...I love it!:rock: :rock: :rock:

rottenronnie said:
Multiply them by 1.15
That should be a realistic Mustang-to-Dynojet conversion, albeit on the high side.
then mine would be 491hp 547tq on the dynojet, on the mustang I had 427hp and 476 tq. with the factor of 1.15? I can live with that.

Prof said:
Sounds good to me...but it would still be an estimate...the real advantage to a dynojet is that the results are repeatable...we will see...I will get some dynojet numbers on Wed or Thursday...

The problem with a multiplier is that it just does not allow for all of the variables.

But if you folks want to say 685 for my grocery getter...I love it!:rock: :rock: :rock:

Funny, that's what the Mustang dyno owners say about their system. The results are repeatable!:D

I am not sure what variables you are referring to. There are different results if someone tries to use slicks and then switches to street tires or if the tech straps the vehicle down extra hard, but in either of these examples, the results are not that significant. :dontknow:

Well it sure isn't an absolute conversion but the 8-15% has been really close over the past 8 years, since I have been keeping track when the same vehicles jump from one to the other (like mine for example). Also surprisingly close whether it is a 1000 R.W.H.P. or 200 r.w. vehicle.

Anyway, whether you choose 8% or choose 15%, the difference is only 38 H.P. (Maximum, choosing 15%) on a 550 R.W.H.P. vehicle, for example.

685 wheel should get you a mid 11 at 119 or so. That would be a hoot!

Rotten

Last edited:
I already said just under 600 on the Mustang...I will be on a dynojet on Wed or Thursday...

injectors??

I need to go up to 120# if I want to " be all I can be" but I would like to find a buyer for my 96#ers if someone is interested. They are from Precision. (sp).

Paul

Prof said:
Here are some of the things done to address the oiling issues:

Block: Main Bores in block had oil reservoirs machined into them.

Bearings: Gen 4 main bearings used for 160 degree oiling, with extra feed hole for volume. Main and Rod Bearings have Teflon Coating for Durability.

There is a new Needle Bearing Pilot Bearing in the back of the Crank and a new 1 piece Oil Control Valve in the Oil Pump.

Probably not. I haven't in the past, and just feel that it is not beneficial to anyone...this truck is my hobby, and the way it pleases me day to day is what is important...it may never see a track again...before the build it probably only had 8 or 9 timed runs...she is basically a garage queen that goes for weekend strolls in perfect weather, usually with a car show as the destination...and it has been know in the past to stretch its legs from stop light to stop light.

I'm married to a beautiful Movie Star, but I only take her out to the show once in a while and occasionly I will kiss her, but I never have sex with her!
Come on Roy....shes forged and built now, No More Worries, she was built to run the 1/4 mile.........don't deny HER!!!!!!!

Bring your movie star wife over and while you have the truck at the track, she and I can talk about blowing and stroking engines!:D :D :D

Come spring my testosterone may be up to more normal levels and I may have to sneak out to a track...or maybe not...

Hilgee said:
I need to go up to 120# if I want to " be all I can be" but I would like to find a buyer for my 96#ers if someone is interested. They are from Precision. (sp).

Paul
I am interested if the price is right. What is fair?

Prof said:
Here are some of the things done to address the oiling issues: a new 1 piece Oil Control Valve in the Oil Pump.

:rock: :rock: :rock:
with stinker's lines sounds like your oilin system is a hair below a dry sump system
:congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Trainman said:
I'm married to a beautiful Movie Star, but I only take her out to the show once in a while and occasionly I will kiss her, but I never have sex with her!
Come on Roy....shes forged and built now, No More Worries, she was built to run the 1/4 mile.........don't deny HER!!!!!!!
;) :rock: :D

Hilgee said:

Paul

How much are you trying to make, Doms truck only has 84# injectors and has plenty left making 1200WHP, Tony is making over 1000WHP with 65's!

Roy, I understand what you are saying about the pumps, but if you occasionally keep an eye on your A/F guage during WOT blasts you shouldnt have to worry. Also an aftermarket pump usually will not have the lifespan of an oem based pump like a walbro 255, and if one dies at least you can still make it home unlike a single aftermarket. They are also much quieter than the majority of aftermarkets. If it really worries you, do triple and then if one dies you still have enough fuel for 1000+ WHP, Underground is making over 1500+WHP with a triple walbro in tank setup.
Justin

Also, on the Mustang vs. Dynojet, it really depends on the operator and how the dyno is set up (and the way the #'s are manipulated and displayed). Ive seen cars go from one dynojet to another and change 10%, Ive also seen a mustang make more than the dynojet I always use.
Justin

Thanks Justin, you always broaden my perspective...I really appreciate your input here!

Smart kid that Justin...no telling what he will be like when he turns 18:p :D

Justin...the Dick Clark of the Viper world.

JMB Justin said:
Also, on the Mustang vs. Dynojet, it really depends on the operator and how the dyno is set up (and the way the #'s are manipulated and displayed). Ive seen cars go from one dynojet to another and change 10%, Ive also seen a mustang make more than the dynojet I always use.
Justin

I haven't seen a Mustang read higher than a Dynojet (yet) but thanks for the input in this matter!
I think it was FSTJACK that said he didn't really see any power differences between the two dynos, when this topic came up on another thread.
Different Experiences= Different Information.
Maybe someone will build a dyno one day that you can't adjust.
1 horsepower = 745.699872 watts. Why does it have to be so hard? ;)

Rotten.

Last edited:
One thing to consider Prof, I am running a HUGE single pump, good for 2000+hp, same set up UGR used to run, but its mounted on the frame rail andnoisy,, but I like it there, I know when it goes out I will know it, plus its easy to replace:D but the draw back is the pickup from the tank, sux, 1/2 tank of fuel and youhave to be careful of running dry.

but if you do go with two to three pumps int he tank, you can add a indicator small led somehwere that will let you know if one goes out , or a hobbs switch to shut down the engine if one goes down;)

Good ideas Tony, thank you sir.

Re: the differences between the Mustang and the Dynojet...two different approaches to gathering data...the Mustang adds resistance to the driving wheels as the rpm's increase...the dynojet does not...just a totally different way to gather numbers for tuning purposes...consequently there is a major difference in how they draw data and what that data really means.

Justin, can you elaborate a bit more on the dual or triple intank pump setup? How do you fit the two or three pumps in the tank?

i think ram from hell said he had a 2 or 3 pump in tank setup

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back