Performance Modifications (Forged)

505'sFastestViper. said:
yep mine has the three walboros

So all three pumps run continuously or does each step in as needed to provide the additional fueling requirements?

Can someone post a picture of the triple intank setup or explain the installation and operation?

RSI has pictures on their website. Others make them though. But I haven't read/heard anything about how is operates. My guess is all three feeding into a common line that then splits into the fuel rails.

All three pumps are always on, and all fit in the stock basket. It takes some major mods to the basket to make them fit, some rewiring, etc. They all feed into one line and then split before the rails. Two is adequate for 1000WHP, three would support at least 1500WHP.
Justin

JMB Justin said:
I dont have any pics of it, its all self contained in the stock basket setup.
Justin

How about pricing a package that we just have to put in and hook up?

Maybe a special order thing with cash upfront from those who want it...?

Do I hear cash register sounds in your posts???

Prof said:
How about pricing a package that we just have to put in and hook up?

Maybe a special order thing with cash upfront from those who want it...?

Do I hear cash register sounds in your posts???

To modify your basket with new pumps, fittings, wiring ran out of the basket, and relays your looking at:

$480 dual pump (1000WHP)
$680 triple pump (1500WHP)

You would need a return style regulator, new fuel line to the rails, and a return line dumping back into the tank. I can get you set up with all of this stuff as well. With these pump setups (or even the stock setup) you should not be racing with a 1/4 tank of gas, the stock tank is long and narrow and the pump assembly is approx. in the middle, so as you're accelerating, the gas is wanting to be at the back of the tank away from the pump(s). I may be able to source some pump assemblies and do it on a core system for those that dont want to have thier truck down for a week.
Justin

JMB Justin said:
To modify your basket with new pumps, fittings, wiring ran out of the basket, and relays your looking at:

$480 dual pump (1000WHP)
$680 triple pump (1500WHP)

You would need a return style regulator, new fuel line to the rails, and a return line dumping back into the tank. I can get you set up with all of this stuff as well. With these pump setups (or even the stock setup) you should not be racing with a 1/4 tank of gas, the stock tank is long and narrow and the pump assembly is approx. in the middle, so as you're accelerating, the gas is wanting to be at the back of the tank away from the pump(s). I may be able to source some pump assemblies and do it on a core system for those that dont want to have thier truck down for a week.
Justin
so what's the stock fuel pump/sytems good for - hp wise ? :dontknow:

JMB Justin said:
All three pumps are always on, and all fit in the stock basket. It takes some major mods to the basket to make them fit, some rewiring, etc. They all feed into one line and then split before the rails. Two is adequate for 1000WHP, three would support at least 1500WHP.
Justin

Justin,

Do you use a fuel pump controller so they aren't running Wide open all of the time?

moparracing said:
so what's the stock fuel pump/sytems good for - hp wise ? :dontknow:

Ask Prof he is now at the limit of the stock fuel pump with his current tune. He said he was taking it to the dyno today or tomorrow. :dontknow:

Stock pump is good for high 500's to mid 600's it seems. Roy is out of fuel around 600whp, I have had no signs of running lean at 640whp with a 100% stock fuel system (wet N20 kit).

I havent seen a need to use a fuel pump controller (with the rest of the fuel system being made for that setup), but a deal like the MSD or aeromotive would certainly not be a problem to use.

Justin

JMB Justin said:
Stock pump is good for high 500's to mid 600's it seems. Roy is out of fuel around 600whp, I have had no signs of running lean at 640whp with a 100% stock fuel system (wet N20 kit).

I havent seen a need to use a fuel pump controller (with the rest of the fuel system being made for that setup), but a deal like the MSD or aeromotive would certainly not be a problem to use.

Justin
good info, thanks justin. :)

Thanks Justin. I'll be signing up for one of the kits sometime in December.

Justin's 3 pump set up........

I am a firm believer in real fuel systems. I am running Justins 3 pump set up in the red truck

Boost-A-Pumps do work, but make me very nervous.

You are overdriving the stock pump with a higher voltage. This takes the pump out of it's design limits. I know of several folks that are using pump turbos (boost-a-pump) and getting away with it. It is in my opinion a "band aid" for a real fuel system.

The pump controller I was thinking of stepped down the voltage or Pulse width modulated so the pumps weren't pumping at 100% all of the time. Idling around town or light cruising there is no need to be pushing 1500HP worth of fuel through the return system when you only need 25% of less of the volume. I would think it would make the pumps last considerably longer since they were only running full blast when I was.

Justin that price is great do you think you could do the same thing with a Durango?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back