Performance Modifications (Forged)

congrats Roy. I will be able to fire my truck this week for the first time since jan. But good things come to those with patience.

HV SRT said:
congrats Roy. I will be able to fire my truck this week for the first time since jan. But good things come to those with patience.

You must be stoked! That is a long time without a heart beat in that beast!

Good luck and enjoy.

Roy

Prof said:
A couple of weeks:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

Anyone stapped NOS on top of a Roe Twin Screw???
If your gonna do what I think your thinking If you want I will install it for you?
thes setup you saw is good up to 150 but i am sure you have a better fuel pump so whatever you motor can handle:vroam: :vroam: to zexy for your truck.

Thanks Matt...spraying the Roe is a very interesting option...but I have a lot of planning to do before I start drilling holes.

I have a whole list of things for Stingray...to make sure he doesn't get bored over the winter! Now I just have to be sure the snow isn't so deep that he can't get here on the weekends.

Yesterday was probably our last warm day of the year...I will be driving until mid-November probably...but then she has to hibernate until April.

Prof said:
A couple of weeks:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

Anyone stapped NOS on top of a Roe Twin Screw???
I plan to. I made a throttle body spacer plate for the injection point.

tinygiants said:
I plan to. I made a throttle body spacer plate for the injection point.
got your motor back yet ? :dontknow:

Prof said:
Probably not. I haven't in the past, and just feel that it is not beneficial to anyone...this truck is my hobby, and the way it pleases me day to day is what is important...it may never see a track again...before the build it probably only had 8 or 9 timed runs...she is basically a garage queen that goes for weekend strolls in perfect weather, usually with a car show as the destination...and it has been know in the past to stretch its legs from stop light to stop light.

gotta disagree with ya on that....... it would help some of us decide if there's a real benefit to some of the expense of your build, especially since there are no dyno #'s to judge from... :(
but like ronnie said, it's your truck & your choice. ;)

Last edited:
Prof said:
Broke a promise to not street race...just had to get it on, with the red viper above...after dinner...

Sean was riding co-pilot...from about 40, temps in the upper 40's...hit third, and, well just let me say he must have missed a gear or spun bad...I will hear the story in the morning...the truck is wicked fast...and more on tap once we get the bugs worked out...my builder did some "head cleanup" and Sean thinks that he must have done a really good job because he says that the air is flowing close to the capacity of the fuel pump even with the mild tune. More work to do, but it is already far beyond anything I expected...from the ten pound pulley...hehehe.

Prof,

Are you still running the factory fuel pump even at those levels? If so, I am impressed that it had that much more capacity.

Prof said:
I have a whole list of things for Stingray...to make sure he doesn't get bored over the winter! Now I just have to be sure the snow isn't so deep that he can't get here on the weekends.
It sounds like you may need to store your truck at my place over the winter :D

Stingray said:
If you need an extra hand just give me shout at no extra cost:D just like gettin dirty, I bet he get's to 1000hp by next year and 1/2:p

Stingray said:

We are very close to the max on the stock fuel pump...looking at options...while I go WOT very seldom...it is an issue I have to address...Sean and I talked about it two years ago...

I have a fear of dual pumps...one could go out and you would probably never know until after the boom. So I will be looking at a much higher performance unit over the winter.

moparracing said:
got your motor back yet ? :dontknow:gotta disagree with ya on that....... it would help some of us decide if there's a real benefit to some of the expense of your build, especially since there are no dyno #'s to judge from... :( but like ronnie said, it's your truck & your choice. ;)

I can give you dyno numbers...they are from a Mustang dyno...what will you do with them?

Stingray said:

You are the wrench...in my book that means you are the boss. I just pay the bills and enjoy the ride.

Fuel rails are the same and am using 48 lb injectors...I had 54's and went back to the 48's about a year ago. The 48's had a better spray pattern. I gave the 54's to someone here...I don't remember who...maybe they are in use...

Last edited:
I'm thinking about going with 65lb injectors, oversized fuel rails and keeping the stock pump. I'll be bouncing this off of Sean of course since he will be doing the tuning on mine as well.

I am looking at larger injectors, and I will have dual fuel pumps when my shipment arrives from St Louis. I plan to use the VEC to add fuel, via the injectors, when I spray the N2O. This is per Mr. Roe :)

Prof said:
I can give you dyno numbers...they are from a Mustang dyno...what will you do with them?

Multiply them by 1.15
That should be a realistic Mustang-to-Dynojet conversion, albeit on the high side.

Last edited:
Wasn't a problem of size... it was a spray pattern issue. The larger injectors injected like a garden hose...the smaller ones I have achieve a narrow cone shape that allows for better atomization of the air/fuel mixture...Sean looked for a long time to find an injector to achieve this pattern...

Now I am at the end of my expertise...that is really all I know...this is the kind of stuff that goes way over my head...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back