PBJ N/A Dyno numbers are in....

ViperTruck2933

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Joe's dyno broke while he was tuning today. His wideband A/F reader quit working. So he had to tune using a hand held. He got it pretty close, so there's probably a little more power left in the truck.

Before: 467 rwhp and 515 rwtrq
After: 535 rwhp and 566 rwtq-CORRECTED (549rwhp/580rwtq STD)

The truck runs great. By 3500 rpms it is already making over 500 ft pounds of torque and it stays over 500 ft pounds all the way over 5500 rpms. Just as Joe predicted. :rock:

I think Joe was a little disappointed in the cam because the gains were minimal under 3500 rpms. I think the next cam he does will probably be a tad smaller to achieve some gains lower in the rpm band.

My hat's off to Joe. This set up did just what he said it would. I couldn't be happier.:rock:

Thats great!!! Maybe we could meet up on June 15 when I bring mine to joe;)

Congrats! Now we when we race at the Nats, you will just need to take off in 3rd. Great work Joe.

The midrange torque is awesome. You can really feel a difference in it. Especially in 1st and 2nd gear.

Feels alot more like a Viper and a lot less like a truck. :rock:

Great job!! I agree about the mods feeling more like a Viper...when I hit the pedal I gotta pay attention to the road, things going by much faster then the bone stock SRT-10 Ram I had. Reminds me now of the '01 Viper I had acceleration-wise.

ViperTruck2933 said:
Joe's dyno broke while he was tuning today. His wideband A/F reader quit working. So he had to tune using a hand held. He got it pretty close, so there's probably a little more power left in the truck.

Before: 467 rwhp and 515 rwtrq
After: 535 rwhp and 566 rwtq-CORRECTED (549rwhp/580rwtq STD)

The truck runs great. By 3500 rpms it is already making over 500 ft pounds of torque and it stays over 500 ft pounds all the way over 5500 rpms. Just as Joe predicted. :rock:

I think Joe was a little disappointed in the cam because the gains were minimal under 3500 rpms. I think the next cam he does will probably be a tad smaller to achieve some gains lower in the rpm band.

My hat's off to Joe. This set up did just what he said it would. I couldn't be happier.:rock:

Damn happy for ya bro! and killer numbers!!!

Now go melt some pirelli:D

Right on!!! How much would it cost someone parts and labor to do what you did? Is the engine strong enough to handle a power adder and to over 750 HP?

Hey guys,
I just want to thank Tim for being so easy going with my schedule and my list of delays...it is always a madhouse here at my shop. Tim is correct, I was expecting a little more under the curve at 2500-3000 rpm, but it pulled harder from 4500 and above from what I thought it would. I could move the cam timing a degree or two , but I think I will try a little different split on the duration next time. We picked up near 65-70 foot pounds at 4900 rpm and 60 horsepower at 5500 rpm...the torque is insane under the curve. The truck should run very well at the track....I think high 11's are well within reach. I have to repair my wideband in the AM, and I will get the truck back to do some final adjustments to the fuel and timing curves to find a few more ponys. I would like to see 540 and 570 before I am finished.
Thanks again,
Joe

outstanding.....:rock:

Forget the dyno numbers....you didn't pay all that $$ to have a dyno queen...

I predict that people will be blown away by your 1/4 mile times....I bet the throttle response is saweet....not to mention the sound....

Nowwhat said:
outstanding.....:rock:

Forget the dyno numbers....you didn't pay all that $$ to have a dyno queen...

I predict that people will be blown away by your 1/4 mile times....I bet the throttle response is saweet....not to mention the sound....

you have enough trq now to launch at 4000+ on those M&H's and cut a nice 1.8 60'......:rock:

Nowwhat said:
you have enough trq now to launch at 4000+ on those M&H's and cut a nice 1.8 60'......:rock:
I can see my stock clutch going up in smoke already.

I do have the complete Centerforce kit and viper slave standing by. :D

Rice Eater said:
Right on!!! How much would it cost someone parts and labor to do what you did? Is the engine strong enough to handle a power adder and to over 750 HP?
No power adders going on this motor. The compression was raised to about 10:1. Need to go lower compression for FI.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back