LEVELING KIT?

SANCHOBA

TEXAS A&M DAD
Supporting Member
Reaction score
any one know who offers a leveling kit for the RC? i'd like to lower just the rear a tad to level out the stance. THIA

I had a Bell-Tec leafspring shackle kit that lowered my 04 hemi truck 2 inches.

John Stuttle is selling an X Metal kit on eBay without shocks.

I suppose you could try just bolting the rear blocks on.

John Stuttle is selling an X Metal kit on eBay without shocks.

I suppose you could try just bolting the rear blocks on.

well if its the 2/4 kit, that would be a bit much for just the rear, i guess i need maybe a 2" block?

1" block works nice. Just buy a rancho 1" block for the Ram truck. Then get some longer U-bolts.

SANCHOBA said:
well if its the 2/4 kit, that would be a bit much for just the rear, i guess i need maybe a 2" block?

That should lower the back about 2", its a 3" block I have the kit.

Honestly not sure how it would work out, just something I saw.

bucke77 said:
1" block works nice. Just buy a rancho 1" block for the Ram truck. Then get some longer U-bolts.
Does anyone have a line on the longer u-bolts? I've got the blocks from another project but the u-bolts that came with it are too short. Need at least a 10-10.5 length.

SANCHOBA said:
any one know who offers a leveling kit for the RC? i'd like to lower just the rear a tad to level out the stance. THIA

I had a 1.75 inch block that lowered the truck by 2 inches. That made it sit level.

Any spring shop in your area can make them up for you in about 5 minutes.

If I remember right it was under $20.00 for the set.

My understanding is to be level you'll actually need 2 1/2 " lowering shackles !!!

Any spring shop in your area can make them up for you in about 5 minutes.

If I remember right it was under $20.00 for the set.

the blocks, u-bolts or both:dontknow:

SANCHOBA said:
I think he's talking about the u-bolts. You might be able to have some custom blocks made at a machine shop. My problem is, I don't have a local spring shop. I've been looking online for some but haven't come up with anything yet.

Srt-BoZ said:
So thats stock height up front with 2" of lowering in the rear.
Yes, I think it is leveled pretty well. I was a little worried 2" blocks would be to much, But i"m happy with it.

J.R.

I don't have a local spring shop. I've been looking online for some but haven't come up with anything yet.

thats my problem, no shop near-by. i'd like a kit... maybe boomer could put one together for us:idea:

SANCHOBA said:

As some have said, it's only the u-bolts that a spring shop can make up on the spot.

You would need to find a machine shop to do the blocks for you.

I'm sure Boomer would be able to put together a kit for you guys. Give him a call.

SANCHOBA said:
thats my problem, no shop near-by. i'd like a kit... maybe boomer could put one together for us:idea:
I'm sure Boomer could throw something together. I really only need the u-bolts so if her reads this maybe he can shed some light on the components.

Tell the spring shop you need 9/16" by 18 round u-bolts, 3-5/8" wide by 10" long if you do a 2" drop. I did a 1-1/2 inch drop on mine so they are only 9-1/2" long. I only did a 1-1/2" drop because of the difference between the front and rear fender height. If you go a full 2" in the rear, it looks lower than the front even though it isn't. It's all a matter of your personal preference though. Either way, you'll be happy.

If you want 1-1/2" blocks, here is the drawing I made so the local machine shop could make them for me. (about $30)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back