02 Sensor problems

FlyingLow said:
I had the heater code and tried everything. Took it to the local dodge shop and the tech found a loose wire on the O2 plug. The wire was not on the sensor side but on the side you plug the sensor into. It was on the back and at first inspection it looked fine. He just happened to catch it at the right angle and noticed it was loose.

I will look closer tomorrow.There is the possiblility that somehow the front sensors have actually gone bad ,I suppose :dontknow: :confused: :dontknow:

Two new sensors strapped to the frame. Bungs plugged. Works on an '04.

Call Sean Roe...bet he has something else to try...we will find it...maybe a piece of duct tape over the CEL light??

Prof said:
Call Sean Roe...bet he has something else to try...we will find it...maybe a piece of duct tape over the CEL light??

I ordered L & R upstream O2's from Advance for about $25 ea.I will pick them up tomorrow morning.Hope that works.(AutoZone wanted over $85 ea for the xact same thing !! :eek:)

The light went off for a LONG time today only to come back on tonight.:(

CarMax offer was only $19,000 :(

have you got another pcm? if so try it bud, or try a complete reset which I am sure you have, if that dont work , maybe try sending the pcm back to DC and have them check the pcm tune.

you have tried almost everything bud, it has to be back into the pcm area

Stinker said:
have you got another pcm? if so try it bud, or try a complete reset which I am sure you have, if that dont work , maybe try sending the pcm back to DC and have them check the pcm tune.

you have tried almost everything bud, it has to be back into the pcm area

A complete reset ? Please explain

Remove positive and negative cables and touch them together for 15 seconds. Someone jump in if I'm wrong.:)

SANTEEN said:
Remove positive and negative cables and touch them together for 15 seconds. Someone jump in if I'm wrong.:)

Haven't tried that.

I'll do that first thing tomorrow.

I am taking vacation all week :D :rock: :marchmellow: so I have a little extra time to look at it and rest up for the drive.

I plan to leave at 1pm Wed and stop over in High Point,NC for a few hours then hit the road again and drive as long as I can,catch a nap then on to the beach.(need to stock up on 5 Hr Energy and Full Throttle :D )

That is new to me too!

Had never heard of that, live and learn I guess.

Did the complete reset procedure and put the stock computer back in

it still came on :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

It must be a loose wire or connection ?

HOT RAM said:
Did the complete reset procedure and put the stock computer back in

it still came on :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

It must be a loose wire or connection ?
do you have the original computer, pcm , one not flashed?

Stinker said:
do you have the original computer, pcm , one not flashed?

that's the one in it now

code is P0138 sensor 1/2 voltage too high (is this front left ????????)

I am going to try changing the wires around on the sims again

Chub suggested mechanical sims instead of electric :dontknow:

HOT RAM said:
that's the one in it now

Ok I dont think you should use sims on the front cats , they need the 02 sensors, the ones you use sims on is the rear cats

the pcm reads the voltage from the front 02's so they need to be installed, th sims go on the rear sensors

HOT RAM said:
that's the one in it now

He's probably right. I'm running mechanical sims in my JMB mid pipes and so far so good.

Back