02 Sensor problems

Stinker said:
Ok I dont think you should use sims on the front cats , they need the 02 sensors, the ones you use sims on is the rear cats

the pcm reads the voltage from the front 02's so they need to be installed, th sims go on the rear sensors

right ;)

new sensors in front
sims in rear
but,since they read off each other,the rear sims may be the problem :dontknow:

HOT RAM said:
right ;)

new sensors in front
sims in rear
but,since they read off each other,the rear sims may be the problem :dontknow:
Ok then try this buddy, go by the autozone pick up some anti foulers, you need four of them

get the correct thread for the 02 sensor, take one with you to get the correct size.

now when you get them back home take one set of the antifoulers and drill them out , I think 1/2 inch, all the way thru, so that the 02 sensor willl thread all the way inot the fouler.

then take one drilled out fouler and screw it into the other one non drilled, and make two sets like this.

screw them into the exhaust, both sides, 02 sensor into them, try this buddy

Stinker said:
Ok then try this buddy, go by the autozone pick up some anti foulers, you need four of them

get the correct thread for the 02 sensor, take one with you to get the correct size.

now when you get them back home take one set of the antifoulers and drill them out , I think 1/2 inch, all the way thru, so that the 02 sensor willl thread all the way inot the fouler.

then take one drilled out fouler and screw it into the other one non drilled, and make two sets like this.

screw them into the exhaust, both sides, 02 sensor into them, try this buddy

worth a shot
I'll let ya know

I used the hang em' from the nearest location deal and they haven't ever tirggered a CEL ( check engine light). Been over 6,000 miles.:rock:

i have the heater code then it went out and then the voltage code on mine - for bank 1 sensor 2

i am in the same boat i have tried many things but still cant figure it out and DODGE wont touch it ! :mad:

so i think im going to buy new O2's and install them

VIPER said:
i have the heater code then it went out and then the voltage code on mine - for bank 1 sensor 2

i am in the same boat i have tried many things but still cant figure it out and DODGE wont touch it ! :mad:

so i think im going to buy new O2's and install them

I am going to buy 2 new rear sensors (both right side part numbers and NOT that funny looking one they sold me last time for the left)

and try switching the wires (also using the non-foulers)

My memory is really,really bad.........but I MAY have switched the wires on the factory side of the connectors to make the sims I had from Gary work

I can't remember ,I DO remember I had to switch the sims OR the factory :dontknow:

If I could just get my old ones back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok nelson maybe I am reading wrong , but you have me completley confused,

I read where you are putting sims in the rear then buying new sensors for the rear, wiring, I am totally confused now.

you should have two new sensors in the front left and right, the upper ones closest to the engine

the rear should be either put in a plastic bag and hung underneath
or using the electric sims
or using the anti fouler adapters with the sensors.

and you said you did some rewireing.

so if you can list what you have done step by step and see if we cant figure this out.

strting from the beggining, I am going to get a sandwich:D

Stinker said:
ok nelson maybe I am reading wrong , but you have me completley confused,

I read where you are putting sims in the rear then buying new sensors for the rear, wiring, I am totally confused now.

you should have two new sensors in the front left and right, the upper ones closest to the engine

the rear should be either put in a plastic bag and hung underneath
or using the electric sims
or using the anti fouler adapters with the sensors.

and you said you did some rewireing.

so if you can list what you have done step by step and see if we cant figure this out.

strting from the beggining, I am going to get a sandwich:D

OK

Everything was fine until I removed the catless mids and electric sims in the spring

I put on the factory cats and O2 sensors

Started getting codes
tried the anti-foulers
then tried the sims I bought from you
then tried new REAR O2 sensors
then tried new FRONT O2 sensors
now have even newer REAR sensors with two anti-foulers each

When I first bought the catless mids from Gary the sims didn't work and the wiring had to be re-arranged
I can't for the life of me remember if I changed the sims or the factory harness
so............it could simply be that the wires need to be switched back ?

So.............I have new O2's front and rear,no sims now (passenger side fried to a crisp from inside out,driver side removed )

if i remember right, with those electrical sims if you didn't change two of the wires connections, it would blow a fuse....... can't remember what fuse it was, but since you had electrical sims & a possible mis-wiring, maybe you blew that fuse. :dontknow:

moparracing said:
if i remember right, with those electrical sims if you didn't change two of the wires connections, it would blow a fuse....... can't remember what fuse it was, but since you had electrical sims & a possible mis-wiring, maybe you blew that fuse. :dontknow:
after my sandwich, that is all I can think of, the fuses need to be checked, and if you rewired anything that needs to be checked. you need to back up and start from day one

step out and check your fueses, each and every one with a test light, then return,
we will do this step by step if we have to

I got all night

Fuse looks good

I'll get a new one just in case

The longer I think about it,the more I believe I changed the wires on the truck side of the connections (why,I don't remember :dontknow: :confused: :dontknow: )

If someone were to take a pic or just write down the colors and their positions on an 04,I would buy them all they can drink at the gtg :D

Just the rear/downstream plugs

Drivers side should be blue/blue w yellow stripe
brown/black

passenger side should be blue/brown
brown/black

nelson you may not want to hear this but i had a exhaust shop screw up on of mine when i had some exhaust work done. ended up taking it to a dealership and let them trace it out. cost me like 300 bucks but i had already replaced the front 02 sensors twice.

eddie102870 said:
nelson you may not want to hear this but i had a exhaust shop screw up on of mine when i had some exhaust work done. ended up taking it to a dealership and let them trace it out. cost me like 300 bucks but i had already replaced the front 02 sensors twice.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
dang

I have an appointment for tomorrow to put it on the computer diagnostic thingy

It is driveable,but I HATE seeing that light on

where did they find the problem ?

my CEL doesn't come on until about 20-45 after driving it

HOT RAM said:
dang

When you reset your pcm it takes 30 or 40 miles for it to gather data for initiation of a CEL.

HOT RAM said:
dang

the exhaust shop pulled the wires out of the 02 plug. they ended up have to put new plugs on it. you may try cleaning the plugs with electrical contact cleaner and putting dialectic grease on them. may help the connection. there computer will tell them exactly where the problem is.

Update

I pulled the connectors apart on the rear O2's and then removed the yellow plastic insert.I examined all the plugs there and on the fronts and the original O2's.ALL of them have two gold/brass colored plugs side-by-side and two silver colored plugs side-by-side.

All except to the rear O2's.After careful examination of the wires on the back and the retain clips,I switched them to match all the others .

So far after 40+ miles and an hour of driving :D

Going to buy some stuff for the trip in a few hours.Hopefully all will be the same as now.

HOT RAM said:
Update

I pulled the connectors apart on the rear O2's and then removed the yellow plastic insert.I examined all the plugs there and on the fronts and the original O2's.ALL of them have two gold/brass colored plugs side-by-side and two silver colored plugs side-by-side.

All except to the rear O2's.After careful examination of the wires on the back and the retain clips,I switched them to match all the others .

So far after 40+ miles and an hour of driving :D

Going to buy some stuff for the trip in a few hours.Hopefully all will be the same as now.
bring ductape.......................................if the light comes back on:p

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back