04 QC silver 150k miles $14k

Discussion in 'SRT-10 Trucks and Parts For Sale' started by reboosted, Oct 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reboosted

reboosted Full Access Member

Due to financial issues I am listing my 05 QC for sale. It has a clean clear title in my name. It is a daily driver quality truck. There is wear on the truck over all with scratches and dents. Its still nice looking though. Most dents could be fixed with PDR but there is damage to the rear bumper cover that will need paint. Basically a trailer hopped off of the ball and hit it, I blame the inexperienced owner/operator. There are a couple of tears in the drivers seat but it is not beat, replacing that one leather piece would fix it. The wheels have curb marks on them. Truck is mostly stock except a rollback electric bed cover trimmed to fit the factory bed mounted wing. I modified a used a pedal switch and mounted it the blank panel on the dash. I installed aftermarket headlights with HID low beam, high beam and fog lights with tinted housings. I have the stock headlights but they are yellowed and fogged too deep for a polish. Also there is a Magna-flow muffler that was on the truck when I got it. Not sure if its the whole Magna-flow kit or just a muffler. Power steering lines have been upgraded to black JTSVP lines and a new power steering pump was installed in 2017. The oil temperature gauge works as I recently installed a working used unit. I recently installed new valve cover gaskets. Airbag recalls have been performed. The truck is using coolant and I cannot find the reason why. There is no coolant in the oil nor is there oil in the coolant. I have pressure tested the cooling system and do not see a pressure drop. I am working on doing a leak down test and compression test when I have time. I have already purchased head gaskets and head bolts just in case. The drivers side catalyst is below threshold. There is not a code for this as I have installed the oil fouler mod on the rear O2 sensor. I planned on LTs but hurricane Harvey changed that. The truck was at my job, in a warehouse, during that time so it literally did not see a drop of water while that was going on. Carfax comes back with a clean no accident history. I don't have the report as the dealer I bought the truck from showed it to me on the computer and I didn't think I would be selling any time soon. I welcome someone on the forum in the Houston area to verify the condition of the truck for other members. I drive the truck on weekends so the mileage will slowly creep up.

Attached Files:

2. reboosted

Just realized I accidentally typed 04 instead of 05 in the title. Its an 05 but I cant seem to edit the title.

3. ViperPete

ViperPete Full Access Member

Seems too low a price to me! You should put it up on ebay. Hardly any SRT10's there and you'll get a lot more looks than the 10 active members that frequent this forum.

Far2Quik and VIPR PWR like this.
  4. stealth78

stealth78 Full Access Member

Pete get your facts straight before you advise someone. There are 4 active members, 3 semi active members, 2 others that accidentally logged into the wrong forum, and 1 that spilled a drink on their keyboard that in-turn logged itself into the forum. :D

5. ViperPete

ViperPete Full Access Member

LMAO.... what about the 4 google, 9 bing, and 8 ask Jeeves (weird that they of all search engines frequent this forum), non-member members?

6. THEWELSHM

THEWELSHM Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I had an 05 in the silver, nice looking truck. GLWS mate.

thewelshm

7. Blacksnake

Blacksnake Full Access Member

Was this truck sold? Thanks

8. rottenronnie

rottenronnie Well-Known Member Supporting Member

[/QUOTE] The truck is using coolant and I cannot find the reason why. There is no coolant in the oil nor is there oil in the coolant. I have pressure tested the cooling system and do not see a pressure drop. I am working on doing a leak down test and compression test when I have time. I have already purchased head gaskets and head bolts just in case. [/QUOTE]

Use a tie-wrap on the rubber hose right beside the rad cap. I've seen this a few times.
    It would seem obvious if it was coming from there, but the coolant migrates everywhere and even drips off the bottom of the water pump.
    And it wont show up on your coolant system pressure test.
    'Might be worth a shot.

Your price seems low to me (f.w.i.w.)

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
    VIPR PWR likes this.
  9. 6speedquadcab

6speedquadcab NorCal SF Bay Area Supporting Member

Just keep it as is and say it’s a one of a kind for that year. ;)

10. reboosted

Truck is still for sale. I will be working on it over the next few days as I'm on vacation. Gotta love the use it or lose scenarios.

11. reboosted

Temporarily not for sale until I finish repairing it. Then the price will go up.

12. reboosted

OK, all repairs have been completed and I have been driving the truck with no issues for a couple of weeks. A small crack in the head was welded closed fixing the coolant leak. The crack was behind the exhaust manifold which was why I struggled to find it. New parts installed: head gaskets, head bolts, valve springs (comp cams), valve stem seals, pushrods (jesel), starter and battery. Open to reasonable offers.

13. reboosted

SOLD. If the new owner joins, take care of him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.