04 with blown motor

redram10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im interested in this truck what do u think it's worth? 2004 96k blown motor looks ok in pic but don't know till u see it in person looks like the backs been painted clears is peeling but could be cleaned up fix up and be something cool with a built motor ...... He is the link below what's it worth?

Dodge : Ram 1500 SRT-10 in Dodge | eBay Motors

Be absolutely sure it is not a salvage or repaired title!!

I would think 10 K max.
If you were to buy it please peel that ugly crap off the steering wheel....

Last edited:
unless you have a motor sitting around or can rebuild it yourself, you're better off finding one that's complete, IMO.

you'll spend $5k at the minimum to get it rebuilt and you might as well figure a trans too, so that'll be $6,500 right off the top.

i've seen several in the $15k range lately complete... 75k-80k miles...

Last edited:
Their is one just posted for 17,500 or best offer with 75k miles, rims are terrible tho. Not worth the headache to rebuild unless you can do yourself

IMHO with that many miles and the condition it appears to be in I wouldn't pay the current bid on it.:(

There's much better deals out there you just have to wait for them.;)

i have a motor i can drop in and rebuild that one this winter but jw ... looks like its going to get bid up

It depends on the "ticking" noise! Some people think that theirs is issues the way these engines are a little noisy and there are perfectly fine, maybe that's the same with this one? Would have to look at it and hear it.

ITS ALREADY AT 9K LIKE YOU GUYS SAID BE BETTER OFF PICKING ONE UP FOR 15K WITH LESS MILES .... BUT JUST THOUGHT IT WOULD BE FUN IF IT WAS CHEAP ENOUGH...

ITS ALREADY AT 9K LIKE YOU GUYS SAID BE BETTER OFF PICKING ONE UP FOR 15K WITH LESS MILES .... BUT JUST THOUGHT IT WOULD BE FUN IF IT WAS CHEAP ENOUGH...

WHY ARE YOU YELLING?? :D I agree you would be better off picking one up that doesn't possibly need an engine.

it could be a blown lifter " 20bux" and a new head gasket 150 and your golden..

My lifter crapped out a few weeks ago, sounded like a bent rod, nosy as hell... luckly i pulled off the valve cover to notice one valve not lifting.. easy fix and cheep..

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back