06 RC frames

lnirenberg

Reaction score
I am a new owner of a great 06 RC and was told by the seller that the 06s used a heavier duty 2500 frame vs the earlier yrs. Is this accurate and does it mean any suspension modification would require parts made for a 2500?

I've heard two versions of this story. Either way, you need suspension parts for a 2006 SRT10, not a different year, nor a different model. 2500 suspension parts won't work.

My understanding is 04/05 use the heavier 2500 frame as well. Suspension components are different.

Nope. Its the other way around. 04 /05 are in a 1500 frame. The 06 is on a 2500.

That is true. That's what makes the 06's faster.......right??:p

You will find you can order 06 specific parts, and they don't fit! Various after-market manufactures believe everything is the same from 04 to 06.

That is true. That's what makes the 06's faster.......right??:p

You will find you can order 06 specific parts, and they don't fit! Various after-market manufactures believe everything is the same from 04 to 06.

After alot of cash they will be faster.

Jeremy's '06 RC weighed exactly the same as the rest of our 04-05 RC's weigh.

i weighed my truck at the dump last week and it's definitely heavier than my 04 and my 05

You extrapolated that data based on what you thought your trailer and a load full of stuff might weigh. Take the trailer off, empty the truck out, and weigh it.i bet you're about the same as my '04.

Jeremy's '06 RC weighed exactly the same as the rest of our 04-05 RC's weigh.

My 06 weighed 5,165lbs with me in it (220lbs). I did remove my tonneau cover and bedliner. I truly do not believe that it was technically a 2500 frame as my brother-in-law had an 04 2500 and I thought his frame looked different then my 06 SRT. Has anybody ever actually confirmed this? What about any of you guys that work for Dodge...? Chime in!

All of the ads that I have seen have stated the curb weight of the 04 and the 05 to be 5,000lb (estimated) and the 06 to be 5,100 (estimated). I read in one of the Chrysler press releases that the frame for the 06 was "All New Hydroformed" which is a manufacturing process instead of just brute force bending of the steel. As for whether or not it is the same frame as the 2500 we will just have to ask Andy if he would be kind enough to look it up in the parts manuals at the dealership.

When I bought my 1500 4x4 new in 2002.5 the "all new hydroformed" was a selling point in the brochure.
I think all of the srt's are hydroformed

The metal has to be some sort of tube (square or round) to be hydro formed. Liquid pressure inside forces the metal out into the die or bender.

I went to the garbage dump and my truck weighed 5700 lbs

That seems high to me... I had a friend in my car who is about 200. I thought QC's were around 5200.

Without fluids

I went to the garbage dump and my truck weighed 5700 lbs

That seems high to me... I had a friend in my car who is about 200. I thought QC's were around 5200.

5600 quite normal for QC.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back