06' With 4th Gen. Swap! Help!

I would bet it is a gen iv upgrade . Put an A/F gauge on it and /or have someone drive behind you to see if it blows smoke when it falls on its face .
like other posts I would bet anything over 3200 to 3500 rpms is pig rich .As that is the RPM that switches to just tables .Chunk that piggy back and get a good dyno tune from TORRIE.

Unleashed Tuning- Horsepower is easy, traction is the real problem! | Unleashed Tuning | Unleashed Tuning Main Content, Front Page, Unleashed Tuning- Horsepower is easy, traction is the real problem! 2010 Taurus SHO tuning

i dont think i can chunk the piggy back as its wired into the factory ecu to control the coil on plug where the gen 3 didnt have that

i talked with wes from eurorover he said he was going to call you (i think its you lol)

Tommy Pike put the motor in

i was just at eurover last week...

tommy's a good guy - personally not sure on his work, though (and i've never had him do anything for me either, so i can't vouch)

864-320-1561

i was just at eurover last week...

tommy's a good guy - personally not sure on his work, though (and i've never had him do anything for me either, so i can't vouch)

864-320-1561

ive known tommy for awhile. Im that guy with the black jeep srt8, im pretty sure we have raced around a little on rutherford lol, dont you have the ghost flames?

ive known tommy for awhile. Im that guy with the black jeep srt8, im pretty sure we have raced around a little on rutherford lol, dont you have the ghost flames?

is that the one that's "your wife's" with spray;)? we raced at greer a while ago? i come through there a lot, so i'm sure it was me...

yeah that was my old one... it was a full bolt on truck...
the one i have now looks very similar but it's pretty much stock...

is that the one that's "your wife's" with spray;)? we raced at greer a while ago? i come through there a lot, so i'm sure it was me...

yeah that was my old one... it was a full bolt on truck...
the one i have now looks very similar but it's pretty much stock...

no this was years ago.. it was just screwing around on the streets, mines a 426 stroker.. it was the one with flames

Pretty sure that's a stock component not an aftermarket piggyback controller

oh really! it was just loose in there and wasnt bolted down. it looked a lot newer than the other ecu. Thanks for confirming that tho, i was just pure speculation

oh really! it was just loose in there and wasnt bolted down. it looked a lot newer than the other ecu. Thanks for confirming that tho, i was just pure speculation

Think it's supposed to be bolted to the heat shield on you cold air intake

man i honestly do not know. just regurgitating what i have been told. full 4th gen motor or not i got the 3-4k rpm power loss happening.
Im almost certain its a full 4th gen motor. It made almost 800rwhp on the dyno, im pretty sure the cam is upgraded and intake manifold too and throttle body.

I'm confused. Did it make 800whp falling on it's face half way through the pull or did it run correctly at one time and now it's not?

Your looking at the stock light control module and you dont have individual coil packs. Follow the wires to the back. The sct is the worse for data logging. Its super slow. I would talk to todd abrams . You can actually call him and tell him what's going on versus going back and forth with torrie on email and get nothing done. Even the guy that fastestbrickonearth said. I forgot his name but he knows his shit.

I'm confused. Did it make 800whp falling on it's face half way through the pull or did it run correctly at one time and now it's not?

Just words from the guy who put the motor in. havent seen the dyno sheet from then, its random when it does it, its a lot worse when its cold.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back