06' With 4th Gen. Swap! Help!

These are the check engine light codes. P0601, a lot of people are saying they had to replace the PCM to fix. It was only really one case though. Most people dont really update their posts. Anyone have any input, if this should fix my problems? The other code is for Bank 1 O2 sensor #2. Not sure if this is an easy fix or what? I do know the ECU has been reflashed several times on my truck, and has had 2 different SCT tuners on it. One was the first SCT tuner, and the new one is so that I can datalog. Any input is appreciated.

Attachments

• viewattachment9.pdf
    24.8 KB · Views: 48
Get a hold of dan lesser for the pcm. You can call and talk to him. Very nice guy. You dont need 2 sct's. When upload a tune does it give you an error code on the sct?

Get a hold of dan lesser for the pcm. You can call and talk to him. Very nice guy. You dont need 2 sct's. When upload a tune does it give you an error code on the sct?

i understand that i dont need 2 sct tuners. i had the original one from the sts turbo days. The newer sct tuner offers data logging via livelink or whatever sct calls it. I simply was trying to explain how much the factory pcm has went through.

I really appreciate all of yalls input and help! hoping to get this mug squared away soon!

Looking at the pictures of the motor, the top of the manifold is from the Gen IV conversion kit (heads and intake) as it has the truck style twin blade throttle body. The Gen IV Viper has 2 single blade TB's, drive by wire. I really doubt the 800 rwhp claim, unless they used nitrous.

Unplug the battery and pcm for 10 mins. After the ten mins plug everything back in and see what happens

Just did it and let it sit unplugged for 20 mins just in case and first fire up no check engine light, cut it off after a min of idling then cranked back up with the same code. :/

Looking at the pictures of the motor, the top of the manifold is from the Gen IV conversion kit (heads and intake) as it has the truck style twin blade throttle body. The Gen IV Viper has 2 single blade TB's, drive by wire. I really doubt the 800 rwhp claim, unless they used nitrous.

look i really doubt that it has 800rwhp i should of never put this on here. lets just say it made 23rwhp on the dyno.. im not trying to get hung up on a numbers war. Im not trying to be a dick im just trying to say what i have been told.

i still appreciate the input here tho fellas, im just glad that im figuring something out on this thing.

Last edited:
I would go back to the shop that did the build. Find out what cam it has and if they flashed the stock PCM with the upgraded MOPAR tune (required for the Gen 4 swap). Sort out any wiring or grounding issues before asking someone to tune your truck. Once you have everything sorted out, I would pay Chris Jensen or Torrie to come to a dyno near you and do a hands on tuning session. :)

What exhaust system do you have? Catless mids?

I would go back to the shop that did the build. Find out what cam it has and if they flashed the stock PCM with the upgraded MOPAR tune (required for the Gen 4 swap). Sort out any wiring or grounding issues before asking someone to tune your truck. Once you have everything sorted out, I would pay Chris Jensen or Torrie to come to a dyno near you and do a hands on tuning session. :)

What exhaust system do you have? Catless mids?

given that im getting p0601 im almost certain that i will need a new pcm before i can do anything with the tuning issue. Belanger made the headers with the gen 4 head bolt pattern, it does have catless mids.

"Control Module Read Only Memory (ROM)".....pm final gts, Dan will have what you need.

Your "Bank 1 Sensor 2" can be caused by a few things; the catless mids, without sims installed or the sensor being "turned off" with a tune. Check the wiring harness plug for the O2 sensor, it may not be in all of the way. Replace sensor....don't use cheap ones.

Oh and as far as HP, if you have a decent cam, you should put down approximately the same power as mine......motor only. It would have to be an extreme build, i.e. Trainman's NA build, Rottenronnie's NA build, to even think it has over 600+ wheel. :)

"Control Module Read Only Memory (ROM)".....pm final gts, Dan will have what you need.

Your "Bank 1 Sensor 2" can be caused by a few things; the catless mids, without sims installed or the sensor being "turned off" with a tune. Check the wiring harness plug for the O2 sensor, it may not be in all of the way. Replace sensor....don't use cheap ones.

what do i tell him lol? i dont know if i reading this wrong but not sure what to tell dan?

basically the control module read only memory thing is throwing me off

Last edited:
I will look back over this thread when I get back to a computer...

awesome! i think i know why my 02 sensor light is on. but my main problem is the p0601 code. not sure if i need a new pcm or what?

Yes, that code is indicative of a bad PCM... but your problem may be more complicated than just that.

Yes, that code is indicative of a bad PCM... but your problem may be more complicated than just that.

just found a little while ago where the rear 02 is cut so i am hoping that code is just a simple fix. i highly doubt it tho haha given my luck with this thing

is it a myriad of things it could be? i looked through your last couple threads but nothing popped out at me other than the 02 cel

Last edited:
Gotta wait until I get back. Sorting through this thread on my phone with horrible service is not an option.

However, the ROM code is a bad pcm, no way around it. Thats an internal fault. It is not however your only issue.

Alright. I'm looking forward to your input!

added picture of plug wires.. guessing this isnt the coil on plug setup?

Attachments

• 20141221_153028.jpg
    20141221_153028.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 91
Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back