1/4 mile take two!!!!!

Big B's SRT10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well after the tstat and stage II PCM install went back to the track today, and let me tell ya what a difference....:rock: if you remember my best time a couple of weeks ago was 15.1 at 92mph......today i ran a magnum and 300both the srt 8 versions and a nissan titan v8 extended cab.....well i didnt loose one time and my times were alot better than the last time....best time .....
r/t...418
60'...2.103
1/8...8.962
mph...79.50
1/4...13.927
mph...99.02

made ten passes and the temp during the day was 94 degrees and cooled a little to 90 degrees tonight....gained over a full second with the pcm and tstat, and also put a k&n air filter in.....had a great time and look to go back after i take the cats out and add the magnaflow...

Big B's SRT10 said:
well after the tstat and stage II PCM install went back to the track today, and let me tell ya what a difference....:rock: if you remember my best time a couple of weeks ago was 15.1 at 92mph......today i ran a magnum and 300both the srt 8 versions and a nissan titan v8 extended cab.....well i didnt loose one time and my times were alot better than the last time....best time .....
r/t...418
60'...2.103
1/8...8.962
mph...79.50
1/4...13.927
mph...99.02

made ten passes and the temp during the day was 94 degrees and cooled a little to 90 degrees tonight....gained over a full second with the pcm and tstat, and also put a k&n air filter in.....had a great time and look to go back after i take the cats out and add the magnaflow...

welcome to the 13's...congrats.....:rock: ..sounds like you had fun too

Nowwhat said:
welcome to the 13's...congrats.....:rock: ..sounds like you had fun too
thx bro....yeah we had a good time....now only if i can get some srt 10's out there it would be better.....

Nice run. I wish I could have had that much of an improvement when I got my stage 2 flash. I only gained .2 of a second:dontknow:

Hopefully one day I can get into the 13:( Right now my best is 14.3 @ 7300DA

I think it was srt brad who ran a 13.5 bone stock on a Qc In So Cal. So I assume If he had the flash he would have run high 12's or 13 flat. what do you guys think.

TheMoparConnection said:
nice run.. .what track did you goto and how far from austin is it?
thanks bro.....went to Texas Motorplex in Ennis Tx....it is about an hour south of Dallas...sits in between I35 and I45 on US HWY 287.....they had the Texas fastest street car shootout yesterday...i did not enter the event just went to race, made about 10 or 11 passes and was very consistent...best run was 13.9 worst was 14.2 with the rest at 14.0.....The mustangs had it locked down with the fast times a couple were in the 9's and a few in the 10 second class...had a great time and plan on going back very soon.....

Right on Big B. You will get more out of your flash when you delete those cats and add the magnaflow. Then theres the awesome tone that'll give ya wood everytime!!!!

Congrats on hitting the 13's.............your gonna just keep getting faster!!!:rock:

patrick

so thats probably a 2 hour drive for me? im about 20 miles north of austin. might have to plan a trip up there.

TheMoparConnection said:
so thats probably a 2 hour drive for me? im about 20 miles north of austin. might have to plan a trip up there.
just say when.....always like to put the faces with the names....i think next month they are having the NHRA nationals out there at Texas Motorplex, it is a pretty nice facility...and hopefully the san antonio gtg is still a go....

Big B's SRT10 said:
r/t...418
60'...2.103
1/8...8.962
mph...79.50
1/4...13.927
mph...99.02

are you a QC...don't forget to run in tow/haul mode and lower the rear psi to 22ish....

Nowwhat said:
are you a QC...don't forget to run in tow/haul mode and lower the rear psi to 22ish....

I run tow/haul mode 24/7 my truck has only touched 4th gear once and that was my trip to vegas

Nowwhat said:
yes i am quad cab and i did have it in tow/haul mode, but i did not lower the tire psi....does lowering the psi in the rears help with the times......

Some of you guys seemed that 13.50 stock QC is unusual.Not sure why.I run 13.5 in my QC with ZERO mods(cool air).Never had to lower my pressure.The truck wont spin the tires anyway.

BY THE WAY,Who makes the cat deletes and who has the best deals on Magnaflow cat backs? Thanx?

SRT-QC said:
BY THE WAY,Who makes the cat deletes

Same guy who makes the muffler bearings. Complicated process.

Good runs.:rock: Got a question for you. I like your avatar,but I can't read it. :confused:

Much better!:rock:

Now wiat until the cool weather and try again! (Do you ever get any cool weather in Texas?:dontknow: )

wyoramsrt-10 said:
Nice run. I wish I could have had that much of an improvement when I got my stage 2 flash. I only gained .2 of a second:dontknow:

Hopefully one day I can get into the 13:( Right now my best is 14.3 @ 7300DA

What track was this at? my best is 14.3@97 which was at Bandimere in Morrision, CO. I've been to douglas a few times, seem to shave about .3-.4 tenths off becasue they are at 4800ft of elevation.

Annu Kumar said:
I think it was srt brad who ran a 13.5 bone stock on a Qc In So Cal. So I assume If he had the flash he would have run high 12's or 13 flat. what do you guys think.

Yes it's true that I ran a 13.568 @ 104mph bone stock other than a K&N CAI. With the mods I have now I only had a chance to make 1 run at the track which yielded a 13.3 @ 103 mph. I was spinning off the line because I wasn't used to the DR's I had on. I staged at 1500 rpm and spun. I'm sure with a few more runs I'll be in the 13.0 - 13.1 range.

Brad

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back