11,000 mi in 1.5 years - clutch failure

kcsr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gotta take my baby to the stealership tomorrow for the dreaded clutch repair.

does anybody know the prices for each of the parts? if/when they offer to fix it under warrantry, i might try to get them to split the cost and let me upgrade.

* slave
* master
* clutch
* flywheel

btw, are ANY of these parts hard to find at the moment?

the dealer wont warranty anything so forget that... they will over charge you, and do a piss poor job, order the stuff from a vendor here and have a real tranny shop put it in for 300$$...

if its under warranty then it will be covered for OEM replacement parts only. if you want to have the upgrade done then now is the time, just buy the parts and have them installed. if you want a tranny shop to do the work then just make sure your not getting a kid just out of high school installing your clutch. at a dealer ship you would get the viper or heavy line tech. so your choice high school kid or highly trained tech?

i know where im taking my truck.

Unfortunatly I work for a DC service department and the clutch would only be covered under the 12 mon 12,000 mile warranty. Chrysler has got very strict on what the will cover that they call wearable items. Sorry for the bad news bro, but I guess this is a good oportunity to upgrade.

Hell yes...even the QC's! Why not...????

We really need that tongue in cheek smiley!!!!

Some of you guys really need to learn how to use a clutch properly (tongue in cheek) ;)

11k miles, hell thats 8k more than I got of out my stocker! LOL

Pony up the cash and upgrade dude. Huge difference in power transfer. Truck will feel so much stronger. Viper master/slave, centerforce clutch and stock flywheel. I have the fidanza but some dont like it. Stocker is cheaper and gets the job done well. Had my local dealer do the install and 10k miles later its still awesome.

Justin or Roe has the parts you need.

patrick

well, i got it in to the dealer this morning. i made sure to describe the problem accurately, explaining that it was a hydraulics problem and not a worn clutch. i also mentioned that i never rode the clutch, slipped it, did high rpm dumps, or took the truck to the track - all 100% true of course. i asked about the slave being the Achilles heel of the truck, and mentioned that i'd read quite a bit online about it, and even saw it mentioned in a C&D review of the truck where the test truck had a slave failure. the service writer acknowledged that the slave was a known issue, and he told me that they just got done upgrading the clutch for another customer who races his. i asked if they did the Centerforce and viper/master slave, and if they went with a stock flywheel or lightweight Fidanza, and thats exactly what they did.

so, at that point, he said they'd look my truck over and see what was up. i left with them, and got a ride home in the shuttle. got a call this afternoon, and sure enough it was the slave. looks like it will be covered under warranty. they had to order the part, and won't have it in till next week, so i'll be without the truck for a week or so. fortunately, this isn't my daily driver, so being without the SRT for a week isn't going to kill me. they've been good to deal with since i bought the truck from them, and looks like they are going to do the right thing and replace a defective / poorly designed part under warranty. so, i'm not going to bother requesting a loaner/rental, or bitching about the length of time to repair. Chrysler is going through tough times right now, and i want them to succeed, so i'll do my part to help them keep costs down.

if and when my clutch does wear out, i plan to take it back to them for the centerforce/viper upgrades. my current clutch definitely has life left, so i'm not going to throw money at it right now. the economy is crazy right now anyway, so i'd rather save the $ now in case the SHTF and my family needs it.

kcsr said:
if and when my clutch does wear out, i plan to take it back to them for the centerforce/viper upgrades. my current clutch definitely has life left, so i'm not going to throw money at it right now. the economy is crazy right now anyway, so i'd rather save the $ now in case the SHTF and my family needs it.

Good call IMO. Great stand up dealer you have there.

I too am waiting to see if the SHTF.......dont want to waste any cash right now. Times are wierd!

patrick

mauiSRT/10 said:
Good call IMO. Great stand up dealer you have there.

I too am waiting to see if the SHTF.......dont want to waste any cash right now. Times are wierd!

patrick
props for the dealer. But as far as shit hitting the fan, the only thing cash will be good for is wiping your arse:p gold and valuables will be needed for bartering, only in bartertown:marchmellow:

DevilDawg3097 said:
props for the dealer. But as far as shit hitting the fan, the only thing cash will be good for is wiping your arse:p gold and valuables will be needed for bartering, only in bartertown:marchmellow:

maybe i'll invest more in a precious metal like high velocity lead. ;)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back