12.38 N/A ZOOM!!

thanks everyone i'm still not satisfied i don't understand why it won't hook like it used to anymore but i'm gonna shave the calipers and get some 16" slicks(a little taller and wider)
carlos- i couldn't hear the L he was too far behind:D
patrick- unless the previous ower changed the clutch it is stock, but it still has the plastic master/slave cylinder
Trainman- thanks for the comments the popping under acceleration is just my camera but when i get to the end of the track and let off it pops A LOT
WA 2 fas- i've only seen 5 lightnings at the track and their times were 13.66, 13.50, 13.06, 13.12, and the 12.97 guy i raced, only 3 of the 5 would line up with me and none of them would again:D

FATJACK said:
Excellent!!! Gonna be hard to top that:rock: :rock:

jack thats why i had to go back yesterday i knew the truck had more in it and wanted to best time i could get before they close(end of this month) they are going to re-do the surface earlynext year(thats just what i've heard) so i don't think it's gonna hook up very well when they open, prob take 6 months to get enough rubber on it to hook. but since there are so many people trying to beat it i knew it had to be good. but it'll get better next year i think i could run 12.2's with the 111mph that i got yesterday:)

Congrats on the run :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Congrats on those awesome times.:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: What Rpm's are you launching at and are you slipping the clutch a little? Also put the truck in neutral after the finish line.:rock: :rock: :rock: :burnout: :burnout: :rock: :rock:

Nice runs, I can't wait to hit the tracks around here. It is an hour and a half away. awsome beatting up on them lightnings.

brad i like to us ethe engine to help slow the truck down we have a really short shut down area here so your hard on the brakes at the end of the track, as far a launch yesterday was around 3000-3500 slipping just a little bit

SRT10VENOMOUS said:
Even if your L ran 1 sec 1/4 its still a pos

Wow... what class.

I guess my Lingenfelter twin-turbo Z06 is too. Gimmee a break. I was just making a comment about my surprise that there aren't any L's in his area that are fast. Nothing more, nothing less.

Last edited:
ARRESTmeRed04 said:
WA 2 fas- i've only seen 5 lightnings at the track and their times were 13.66, 13.50, 13.06, 13.12, and the 12.97 guy i raced, only 3 of the 5 would line up with me and none of them would again:D

Like any performance vehicle, they tend to flock together and choose track days to run together. When we have our Lightning meets at local tracks near DFW, there are plenty in the 11s. That's not the "norm", obviously.

Mine runs low-12s on DRs now, but its not close to stock...although completely daily driveable... not internal engine mods, no heads, no cam (was my DD until I bought my 300C SRT8). I'm seriously considering selling it for a QC SRT-10 since I could really use a 4+ seat truck. :)

It's hard to compare times across the country, too. I'm in NE Texas...some days are good, some are horrible to run good times.

Last edited:
Big Worm said:
I like the music? takes me back a couple of years. Congrats

I use to dance that song back when I was like 11 12...1 day I even won a skadeboard in a contes dancing CAN'T TOUCH THIS...lol....:rock: good old days.....

Again nice runs Justin.

As someone who is still learning about these trucks (b/c I'm contemplating a purchase), my biggest impression is at how relatively few mods there are done to the truck.

Coming from the "other side of the tracks" in the hot-rod truck world, it has always been thought that these trucks (meaning the SRT-10) needed more $$ spent to significantly improve the times. That isn't the case in this instance... that's for sure!

As a long-time drag racer (who doesn't race much anymore, but when I was younger, it was a weekly event at the strip), I can also comment that the driving is outstanding. The "driver mod" is worth several tenths in this case for sure.

Again, kudos... and keep it up!

WA 2 FST said:
As someone who is still learning about these trucks (b/c I'm contemplating a purchase), my biggest impression is at how relatively few mods there are done to the truck.

Coming from the "other side of the tracks" in the hot-rod truck world, it has always been thought that these trucks (meaning the SRT-10) needed more $$ spent to significantly improve the times. That isn't the case in this instance... that's for sure!

As a long-time drag racer (who doesn't race much anymore, but when I was younger, it was a weekly event at the strip), I can also comment that the driving is outstanding. The "driver mod" is worth several tenths in this case for sure.

hey man where around DFW are you we should all get together! hahahaha for a little fun!

WA 2 FST said:

thanks man, i'm down around temple, texas:D and i learned how to race in an 02 mustang GT, the very first pass i ever made in my truck was a 13.42 and i hit the rev limiter in 3rd and all it had was the magnaflow, Lovethis truck had QC that just had a JMB intake and ran 13.88 up at ennis.

I just checked in this morn, that's one awesome kill you had there:rock:
congrats :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

ARRESTmeRed04 said:
thanks man, i'm down around temple, texas:D and i learned how to race in an 02 mustang GT, the very first pass i ever made in my truck was a 13.42 and i hit the rev limiter in 3rd and all it had was the magnaflow, Lovethis truck had QC that just had a JMB intake and ran 13.88 up at ennis.

I didn't realize you were in Temple. Is that vid from the old Temple Academy Raceway? Didn't look like it, but I haven't been down there in a decade. I raced in the old Street/Outlaw 5.0 series back in the early, mid '90s. Temple was a decent place to run.

That really makes me even more shocked that you haven't seen any quick Lightnings, I guess. But again, it often ends up being who shows up on a given night. Still... 12.3s is going to handle most any truck out there, and plenty of performance cars, too. Even if the power is the same, your driving skills alone are going to net you a couple of car lengths over a 1/4 mile. :rock:

Glad to hear your QC ran high-13s with just an intake. I was hoping to just do something like that an a tune and get into the mid-13s with it. I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on one.

Tooloe, I'm in the Allen/Plano area.

WA 2 FST said:
I didn't realize you were in Temple. Is that vid from the old Temple Academy Raceway? Didn't look like it, but I haven't been down there in a decade. I raced in the old Street/Outlaw 5.0 series back in the early, mid '90s. Temple was a decent place to run.

That really makes me even more shocked that you haven't seen any quick Lightnings, I guess. But again, it often ends up being who shows up on a given night. Still... 12.3s is going to handle most any truck out there, and plenty of performance cars, too. Even if the power is the same, your driving skills alone are going to net you a couple of car lengths over a 1/4 mile. :rock:

Glad to hear your QC ran high-13s with just an intake. I was hoping to just do something like that an a tune and get into the mid-13s with it. I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on one.

Tooloe, I'm in the Allen/Plano area.
yup thats temple academy, i live about 2 miles from the track, and a qc with a tune will run mid 13's a member here had one and i think it ran 13.47?? it was a silver 05, thanks griffs and jillbille i would of asked if you wanted to come down but it was a spur of the moment thing since trainman was adding power.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back