1952 SRT10 called the "52 Fiper"

Update 52Fiper truck

Custom build winged tailgate with hidden tool storage we called it the
"52Fiper TOOLGATE "
When open normally works just like a regular tailgate
when hidden latches released outer tailgate part opens and shows tool selection.
(this is just a foam template original will be made of Wild Cherry wood)
Inside of the downpart now functions as workbench
Like to hear your opinions ( you can also see our 2.5" dual exhaust in the bed rails)
Cheers Ben and Mika Verduin

108_4646.jpg

108_4644.jpg

More pictures and build you can see at
http://www.americandreamcars.ca/html...t10_viper.html

Love the idea! That is just awesome! :rock:

Wouldn't you need a little padding around the tool slots? I think that might hold them in place better, and save them from bouncing around and possibly scratching your "workbench". ;)

Well we have believe or not opened a Facebook page ...was easy , not my favorite Thing ...but we did anyway , we have placed many more pictures of the build , and you can join the build ..Look for 52fiper on facebook

Have fun , many pictures I forgot about are there too I will update more when i find old stuff of the build.

will add you tonight when i get home. cant get on facebook at work. gonna be a awesome truck.

Thanks Eddie , I have posted more pictures on Facebook, it was more fun than that we exected some big name car people nice comments about the project 52Fiper.

see you there
Ben

52Fiper truck update

Hey guys, back behind the screen again, its been a long time , here some updates of our 52Fiper build.

We finished the 2.5" exhaust in the bedsides and got the running boards done.
The exhaust was more a plumber job than a exhaust build but all looks good ( wel actually you cannot see it ! that is the fun part ) it will be all boxed in on the box side and rails
The rear box all the metal shaping and designing is done and is now ready for primer.
I started working on the power windows and power door locks , not easy with the limited space, the door latch is and hooked up to the 52 handle ,works great!
Here some pictures , let me know Cheers Ben and Mika

PS Our Facebook page is going good, we have 94 friends on our "Friends of the 52fiper" page and we have had more than 35.000 hits on our page on AMERICAN DREAM CARS Classic cars for sale From Collectors To Collectors, List your Cars and Trucks for FREE

Attachments

• DSC_0654.JPG
    DSC_0654.JPG
    931.9 KB · Views: 383
  • DSC_0655.JPG
    DSC_0655.JPG
    932.8 KB · Views: 484
  • DSC_0477.JPG
    DSC_0477.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 392
  • DSC_0526.JPG
    DSC_0526.JPG
    896 KB · Views: 2,004
Last edited:
Looks good, but what happens when you (or some innocent lookyloo) puts your hand on the bed rail after a long drive?

We chop his hand off before "Lookyloo" feels the heat :D...The exhaust has a ventilated airspace between the bedrail and the actual exhaust , hope it will stay cool enough :dontknow:....long drive ???? do you know the gas mileage of a 8.4 liter V10 ...think I stay local :burnout:

Last edited:
We chop his hand off before "Lookyloo" feels the heat :D...The exhaust has a ventilated airspace between the bedrail and the actual exhaust , hope it will stay cool enough :dontknow:....long drive ???? do you know the gas mileage of a 8.4 liter V10 ...think I stay local :burnout:

Nope not a clue most of have driven them for the past 5 years but no clue what we get.... Actually the viper enging will get as high as 21mpg on the highway with a 6 speed trani... And in your build if your lighter than that you will be able to get better than that..

So overall gas milage is just fine.... Nothing to stop you from taking long trips.. Ive been on trips over 5000miles with no trouble, averaged at end of trip 19mpg ... not to shabby in my book

I like the look of the exhaust will be interested about the heat soak.
I have bad memories about Vipers and old vette's with side rail exhausts!

On my 2 srt10's I get about 9mpg city and about 17 mpg hwy in 6th gear at 70mph.
This is better than my srt8 jeep with 8 mpg city and 14 mpg hwy.
I think wind resistance on your 52 may hurt your mpg, but you won't know till you get out and go!

Last edited:
Worse! Especially if it is a black truck!

:congrats: Truer words where never spoken. I could wash my silver QC in half the time it takes me to wash my Night Runner RC

When i bought my 6speed i drove it 300mi home on the interstate and when i pulled in the driveway it said 17.4mpg. even puttin around town i get 12.3 average. My QC was much worse

I wonder how the build is going?:dontknow::dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back