2â€￾ drop shackles

seabee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wheel hop after install. And doesn’t seem to have lowered it at all. Can anyone help?

Yes and they are shorter than the old ones. Which makes me think they are the wrong ones.

Lowering blocks are the way to go, not so sure about shackles on a RC.

picture.php

Now ask how that truck handles over road irregularities that require suspension travel... Especially at speed. A super smooth road course is the only place where that is not as big of a consideration.

A lowering kit would need to provide a MINIMUM of 3" bump and 4" of droop travel front and rear to work good in all conditions. Also, lowering the front also introduces the dreaded "Bump Steer". Dangerous if you push the truck.

Good Luck. Cheers!

Now ask how that truck handles over road irregularities that require suspension travel... Especially at speed. A super smooth road course is the only place where that is not as big of a consideration.

A lowering kit would need to provide a MINIMUM of 3" bump and 4" of droop travel front and rear to work good in all conditions. Also, lowering the front also introduces the dreaded "Bump Steer". Dangerous if you push the truck.

Good Luck. Cheers!

My truck handles fine. Many have complained of bump steer, but I have no issues. :)

I have bump steer and haven’t even lowered it. I got new tires and an alignment and it’s gone.

My truck handles fine. Many have complained of bump steer, but I have no issues. :)

Everyone has issues ;) who are you trying to kid? :dontknow: LOL LOL

I have bump steer and haven’t even lowered it. I got new tires and an alignment and it’s gone.

Yeah I was going to say mine has bump steer in stock form suspension wise but it is only noticeable when going around connecting joints on hwy overpasses/bridges that have curves in them. Going straight its not an issue just when the feels are turned a little but I guess that is normal.

2" drop shackles.

Did you just install drop shackles on a RC?

Psycho1122, the photo of your SRT10 appears lowered. Is that not the case?

I put McGaughy's 2" drop shackles on my 05, RC. I noticed noise at first when going over bumps and then all of a sudden it stopped. I looked and the shackles are now against the bed of the truck.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back