200 mph standing mile in a dodge ram srt 10

BAD-RC said:
A BIG set of ballz!!!

Thats the first thing I was thinking!

Gearing will be the problem, with a .8 overdrive and your 33" tires, you will be at 6070 RPM at 200mph (assuming no convertor slippage), .75 would be about 5600 RPM. No overdrive and your at 7500+ RPM!

I firmly believe after driving the truck that it will go 200MPH in the standing mile with the correct gearing and traction.

Justin

a couple of JATO boosters :dontknow:

I think besides HP, the biggest thing would be aerodynamics. BUT if Banks can do it............ it has to be possible.

The SRT 10 aero kit is fine.......look into bonneville salt flats 200 mph club, and check out the safety regulations on high speed on the NHRA website.......good luck, with the power you have in yur truck it can be done, just gunna need a whole lotta salt distance.........:rock: :rock: :rock:

Throw an evil knievil suit on with a helmet and give it hell.....your trucks got the best shot at it!!

Dom, check out the truck JESEL built.

2005 QC with a 357 nascar twin turbo engine. 1545hp!

Ran a top speed of 255.95!

From what I understand they are a couple of brothers who had the same

dream of a 200mph run. I bet they could help out with some info on tires

suspention and safety.

You can do it, Ill help you out. I will do some checking first and formost make sure the front suspension is good to go.(tie rod ends etc), if that shit can handle it then your really screwed. But I say its doable. Faith brother.
Also watch the fastest indian (true story) great movie.

Ship it in a 747 and get in the drivers seat... ;)

I'd love to see you do it Dom, but why in the truck? Especially when the airbags only deploy when they feel like it.. Second thought, dont think airbags would make much of a difference wiping out at those speeds. :eek:

i would say:
2200hp
6spd, with a .80 5th & .68 6th
3.90 rear end (which is going to break with that much power)
whole bunch of safety crap, redo the aerodynamics.

or like pat said sell the truck, buy a TT viper for 60K and your there.

dom ,let me know when u wanna try it,once my setup is done i'd like to try for it as well,we should have 1000rwhp maybe we can take our trucks at the same time with a video recorder of course,ya know how people are around here

Anyone notice how low the Wilson air dam is to the deck? Part of getting that speed is dramatically reducing airflow under the truck. There are so many pockets that create drag that I don't see how it could be done without it.

Ram From Hell said:
Anyone notice how low the Wilson air dam is to the deck? Part of getting that speed is dramatically reducing airflow under the truck. There are so many pockets that create drag that I don't see how it could be done without it.
Lowering It would be a good Idea. They used the srt 10 aero package so we know that works:p

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Attachments

• jesel-dodge-ram.jpg
    jesel-dodge-ram.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 402
  • jesel-dodge-ram-small.jpg
    jesel-dodge-ram-small.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 154
  • jesel-dodge-ram-team.jpg
    jesel-dodge-ram-team.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 226
Didn't the truck that Jesel built run a flying mile and it was a 2 way average?

That front is SRT "like". Its a big sticker. It doesnt have the brake ducts or the air inlet.
And boy is it low.

I can't verify this, but I was told by a source that when the SRT 10 set the speed record, part of the strategy was to leave the mirrors on and extended in their normal position. The reason was that there was some concern that the Lightening would try to immediately try to unseat the record with a run that beat the Ram by a few tenths due to its lower profile and lighter weight.

The concept was that in that event...with no changes...the mirrors could be folded in and possible get a mile or two more on an immediate run to regain the the record.

Wind resistance it huge...

Of course we know the outcome...Lightening folded its operation and has never threatened again...

You're correct - folks shouldn't confuse "standing mile" and anything salt, short of the 130 club that I did that has reduced safety requirements.

See http://www.scta-bni.org/Bonneville/Course_Map.pdf for an idea of how salt racing (not the 130 club which is standing mile) is done. The TTTs are the timed sections.

Regarding the tires, there are special salt tires that are very skinny, rounded cross section, and comparatively high profile.

Here's pics of a buddy's lake car to give you an idea of how much they pay attention to ride height and aero. It also shows the kinds of tires in use. They went 216 with a naturally aspirated straight 6!!! :) :burnout: :burnout:

blackviper said:
Didn't the truck that Jesel built run a flying mile and it was a 2 way average?

Attachments

• PDRM4684.JPG
    PDRM4684.JPG
    298.5 KB · Views: 592
  • PDRM4691.JPG
    PDRM4691.JPG
    465.5 KB · Views: 534
  • PDRM4682.JPG
    PDRM4682.JPG
    377.5 KB · Views: 229

Latest posts

Support Us