2005 yf qc wrecked

rusty

Reaction score
Hi guys, new to this site. I am bidding on the 05 wreck so back off. lol only jokes, if i dont win it I will list a wanted add for a clear titled one.

i can't believe the cost of the srt 10's over there. They sell in Australia for well over $100k allthough we do have to convert them to right hand drive at a cost of around 40k just some useless information for you. by the way this site is the best for srt 10 trucks by far

Thanks
Rusty

Welcome to the VTCOA! You are definitely looking at the right color! Good luck on picking one up! Post up questions if you have them!

Welcome, nice to hear from the down under.
Enjoy your time here, we will treat you well.

Welcome to the VTCOA and the USA.....$100K hmmm.:smokin: ....I will make you a real deal on mine....just $75K and I will even leave all the mods on..;) .

Just remember mate that under RAWLS you cant import a second hand vehicle for compliance any more, i believe you can if its a personal import through a different system but as you are probably aware this issue is very complicated.

I couldnt have more than 20km on my truck when i imported it under the RAWLS scheme.

the reason they are so much over here is the cost of the truck, conversion, freight, wharf fees, LCT (luxury car tax - over 57,000) and GST.....it all adds up very quickly!!

kalani said:
Just remember mate that under RAWLS you cant import a second hand vehicle for compliance any more, i believe you can if its a personal import through a different system but as you are probably aware this issue is very complicated.

I couldnt have more than 20km on my truck when i imported it under the RAWLS scheme.

the reason they are so much over here is the cost of the truck, conversion, freight, wharf fees, LCT (luxury car tax - over 57,000) and GST.....it all adds up very quickly!!
Hey Sammy - nice info..... :rock: :D

Yellow must be the color for down under ;)

Wifey said:
Hey Sammy - nice info..... :rock: :D

Yellow must be the color for down under ;)

i think so - there are a few down here!! but i havnt been able to catch any owners ears yet!

In fact you can import 2nd hand trucks as long as you can find a licenced conversion centre & we have one here in Perth. Last year i imported & got converted an 02 1500 quad cab with no probs.

Thats why i want to buy the 05 wreck so i can do a drive train transplant which will be alot cheaper than converting another one. It wont be an srt10 as such but it will be just as fast.

Anyway thankyou for your info it is apreciated

Dam i gota learn how to navigate these forums. i posted a reply twice but don't kow were they went. if you have already seen this post sorry im a novice cumputer user.

In responce to the rews rules down under you can infact import used vehicles to australia as long as u have a conversion centre lisenced to convert used.

I imported an 02 ram 1500 quadcab last year (all i could aford at the time)& had it converted by my local conversion center with no probs.

thats why i want to buy the 05 wreck so i can do a drivetrain transplant, it wont be an srt 10 but it will go as fast

ffs were the heck are my posts goin. Kalani you can import used vehicles & get them complied in Aus

rusty said:
ffs were the heck are my posts goin. Kalani you can import used vehicles & get them complied in Aus
sorry Bud, you were on Moderation..we do this to keep the spam down..your good to go now, welcome aboard.

kalani said:

Infact you can import used vehicles. most conversion centers in aus will tel you that you can't because they have a limited license. the conversion guy i use is licensed to convert rams from early 90's to current infact i imported an 02 1500 quadcab recently & had it converted with no probs.

You are right about the costs mounting, the 02 1500 cost me 14k US but by the time it was all done it ended up owing me 65k that included the powerdyne supercharger which made a very slugish 5.9 slightly less slugish

Thats why i want to buy the wreck so i can do a drive train transplant without having to go though the conversion process again. it won't be an srt but it will go just as fast.

Rusty, be very careful in planning to transplant the engine and drive train from a Viper truck into a 1500. Do your research carefully. The frame in a Viper truck is not a 1500 frame...and that is just the starting point.

Good luck on your project...and be sure to provide pics of the process. It will not be easy, but certainly possible.

Prof said:
Rusty, be very careful in planning to transplant the engine and drive train from a Viper truck into a 1500. Do your research carefully. The frame in a Viper truck is not a 1500 frame...and that is just the starting point.

Good luck on your project...and be sure to provide pics of the process. It will not be easy, but certainly possible.

Thanks for your info m8

I didnt realise the frame is differant but ive got a good friend of mine that builds sreet rods & he thinks any problems that may arise he will overcome.

never the less it looks like the wreck may go for more than im willing to pay so back to my origional plan of buying an 06 qc. keep an eye out for me guys

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back