2012 Callaway Silverado 540 SC

A fifteen year-old boy came home with a 2012 Chevrolet Callaway Silverado 540SC and his parents began to yell and scream, "Where did you get that truck???!!!" He calmly told them, "I bought it today."

"With what money?" demanded his parents. They sorta knew what a Chevrolet Callaway Silverado costs.

"Well," said the boy, "this one cost me fifteen dollars." So the parents began to yell even louder. "Who would sell a truck like that for fifteen dollars?" they said.

"It was the lady up the street," said the boy. I don't know her name-they just moved in. She saw me ride past on my bike and asked me if I wanted to buy a Chevrolet Callaway Silverado for fifteen dollars."

"Oh my Goodness!," moaned the mother, "she must be a child abuser. Who knows what she will do next? John, you go right up there and see what's going on." So the boy's father walked up the street to the house where the lady lived and found her out in the yard calmly planting petunias! He introduced himself as the father of the boy to whom she had sold a Chevrolet Callaway Silverado for fifteen dollars and demanded to know why she did it.

"Well," she said, "this morning I got a phone call from my husband. I thought he was on a a coffee break, but learned from a friend he had ran off to Hawaii with his mistress and really doesn't intend to come back. He claimed he was stranded and asked me to sell his Chevrolet Callaway Silverado for what I thought was fair and send him the money. So I did...fifteen dollars.

listen i am not trying to bad mouth SRT10's I actually love em.. almost bought one, on several different occasions. And I am not going to lie 100 feet is nothing.. the idea behind them is when people street race they would pull up to set of lights.. when it went green they basicallly had 100' to race before either they ran out of room (traffic) or they were going too fast in town... Of course I have raced a few SRT10s on the road as well Over a quarter mile.. with no problems I am not saying it was a huge distance between the two, but i did win.. Also these trucks are registered on the Dupont registry.. so they are "numbered" trucks just like the SRT10s so they will most likely have BOOK value later on. as most callaways vipers do. who remembers the chevy cyclones, the GMC Typhoons.. ETC. all these vehicle are great. And Again I want to mention the SRT 10 is a great vehicle, but it the same thing as the Callaway silverado, something produced for excitement at a price with "WARRANTY", that is the reason to buy a callaway over building your own.. That is reason the SRT 10 was so amaing as well, safe fun... Like i said i was very close to buying one too many times.. just didn't. had this not come out i probably would have bought one.. but I wanted something that was a bit more rare and uncommon.

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 7,714
listen i am not trying to bad mouth SRT10's I actually love em.. almost bought one, on several different occasions. And I am not going to lie 100 feet is nothing.. the idea behind them is when people street race they would pull up to set of lights.. when it went green they basicallly had 100' to race before either they ran out of room (traffic) or they were going too fast in town... Of course I have raced a few SRT10s on the road as well Over a quarter mile.. with no problems I am not saying it was a huge distance between the two, but i did win.. Also these trucks are registered on the Dupont registry.. so they are "numbered" trucks just like the SRT10s so they will most likely have BOOK value later on. as most callaways vipers do. who remembers the chevy cyclones, the GMC Typhoons.. ETC. all these vehicle are great. And Again I want to mention the SRT 10 is a great vehicle, but it the same thing as the Callaway silverado, something produced for excitement at a price with "WARRANTY", that is the reason to buy a callaway over building your own.. That is reason the SRT 10 was so amaing as well, safe fun... Like i said i was very close to buying one too many times.. just didn't. had this not come out i probably would have bought one.. but I wanted something that was a bit more rare and uncommon.

They claim it does 13.4 in the quater. What's your best time?

And the 10 was tested and ran high 12s stoct for the people that knew how to drive them

And the 10 was tested and ran high 12s stoct for the people that knew how to drive them

yes but to be fair the Chevy is a 4 door auto, so best to compare it with the QC 10, not the RC. If the 1/4 mile times are accurate for the Chevy, then it's much faster as-is than our QC's, but then again it's got more hp. Even with 100hp loss from the drivetrain the Chevy would still have 440 at the wheels. I personally don't like the Chevy, I think it's ok for what it is, but it is faster than our QC.

to me only true sports trucks I can think of now are: (trying to think of more)
truck flaw
-------- ------------
lightning weak motor
srt10 weak motor/ heavy
cyclone v6/small
typhoon v6/small
SSR fugly
454ss old-low power

Last edited:
i would trade for this
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNM23Adl6SQ]Fastlane's Concept 427 SS Street Truck - YouTube[/ame]

Lol, 70 grand for a truck. I got my 10 for less than 20. Who cares if the callaway is a little faster, I saved 50 grand.

The Silverado SS was a sport truck.

Lightning-380 hp 450 tq
SRT-10-505 hp 525 tq, looks to me to be the baddest factory motor out of all the trucks you named!
Syclone-280 hp 350 tq
Typhoon-280 hp 360 tq
SSR-300hp-400hp depending on model year.
SS Silverado-345 hp 380 tq

truck flaw
-------- ------------
lightning weak motor
srt10 weak motor/heavy
cyclone v6/small
typhoon v6/small
SSR fugly

truck flaw
-------- ------------
lightning weak motor
srt10 weak motor/ heavy
cyclone v6/small
typhoon v6/small
SSR fugly
454ss old-low power

So you are on an srt 10 forum…saying that the srt10 has a weak motor??? I just want to be clear on this before I say what needs to be said here….

if you ran a 2.95 100'...

does anyone know how to calculate 100' from 60'?

i ran 1.96 60' bone stock, so i can't imagine it would take me another second to go 40'...

ergo, i'm not impressed...

but i do like callaway anything, don't misunderstand me... but it seems it's not that awesome in the big scheme of things...

truck flaw
-------- ------------
lightning weak motor
srt10 weak motor/ heavy
cyclone v6/small
typhoon v6/small
SSR fugly
454ss old-low power

Srt10 ram Is the fastest of all listed. What more needs to be said

I think the motor is great stock or with bolt on's. but my understanding is bottom end is not forged. Im reading alot of people rebuilding,especially when boost is applied.

Dont get me wrong, the motor is one main reason i bought my truck.. And im new to this truck so I may be wrong and open to that..

I think the motor is great stock or with bolt on's. but my understanding is bottom end is not forged. Im reading alot of people rebuilding,especially when boost is applied.

Dont get me wrong, the motor is one main reason i bought my truck.. And im new to this truck so I may be wrong and open to that..

The cast pistons in this motor were a flat out mistake if you ask me.

they aren't forged... why would you think they are?

just like any other motor, you add boost or any kind of forced induction, you're going to risk blowing it up...

that's a dumb reason to think they aren't good motors...

most other motors aren't forged, so why would this be any different...

just like any other motor, you add boost or any kind of forced induction, you're going to risk blowing it up...

I think as much hp as these motors make and what they cost it should have been forged pistons

i didnt say motors arent good.. i said they are weak.. just like other motors, like the lightning.. 03 -04 cobra not weak... not all motors are weak.. again, i love our motors, but like you said, you run risk when boost with ours more so than other motors. Unless you forge our motors which will give you an awesome setup.
Id rather spend the money forging a viper motor than something else.

Help me out here

arent the actually viper motors forged ? or are our truck motors exact same motor as the viper (car) motors ?

There have been several factory engines with forged internals, and normally on cheaper cars....5.0HO way back in the fox body mustang I think had them, the 96-99 gen 2 vipers, the 03-04 terminator cobras, the GT500's....like has been said for what these things cost and what they're expressed intended purpose of the cars and trucks they were in they should've been built stronger.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back