2012 Callaway Silverado 540 SC

what i mean is since the gen3 motor has been out since 03, why would you think they would change it for the truck...

other than a few, that's not a "normal" course, to put forged motors in them... IMO

It's been said on here before, we perceive our engines as being weak for not being forged, but the engineers were only factoring on an engine that was designed for XXX horsepower with some give and take over that number. They weren't sitting there thinking "well let's forge it so 100 guys with disposable incomes on VTCOA can FI the shit out of this thing and make 900hp". I'm well over 100k miles and my engine is still alive and kicking *knock on wood* and even the tranny. I personally don't think our engine is weak at all, if you factor leaving it stock or close to stock. Many many guys on here have driven the shit out of their stock engines or with minimal bolt-ons with SCT tune and are doing fine. Again, I don't think our engines are weak all. The Terminator Cobra was FI from the factory and followed a very poorly built Cobra, so SVT stepped it up and got it right with that car. Previous Cobras were NA. Crazy that the 5.0HO had forged internals. No surprise on the GT500 IMO.

listen i am not trying to bad mouth SRT10's I actually love em.. almost bought one, on several different occasions. And I am not going to lie 100 feet is nothing.. the idea behind them is when people street race they would pull up to set of lights.. when it went green they basicallly had 100' to race before either they ran out of room (traffic) or they were going too fast in town... Of course I have raced a few SRT10s on the road as well Over a quarter mile.. with no problems I am not saying it was a huge distance between the two, but i did win.. Also these trucks are registered on the Dupont registry.. so they are "numbered" trucks just like the SRT10s so they will most likely have BOOK value later on. as most callaways vipers do. who remembers the chevy cyclones, the GMC Typhoons.. ETC. all these vehicle are great. And Again I want to mention the SRT 10 is a great vehicle, but it the same thing as the Callaway silverado, something produced for excitement at a price with "WARRANTY", that is the reason to buy a callaway over building your own.. That is reason the SRT 10 was so amaing as well, safe fun... Like i said i was very close to buying one too many times.. just didn't. had this not come out i probably would have bought one.. but I wanted something that was a bit more rare and uncommon.

Where are located?

I'm sure there are a few here that wouldn't mind putting their Ram up against a Callaway.

Ya know, for science.

Is this weasel in Texas?? I wanna play :chain:
QC for QC. Let's do this :)

if you ran a 2.95 100'...

does anyone know how to calculate 100' from 60'?

i ran 1.96 60' bone stock, so i can't imagine it would take me another second to go 40'...

ergo, i'm not impressed...

but i do like callaway anything, don't misunderstand me... but it seems it's not that awesome in the big scheme of things...

Well if you want to do some easy figuring (though this won't be acurate because of the constant accel) but anyways its an average.

1.96/60 = 0.0327 sec/ft
100 * 0.033 = 3.27 sec for 100' again most likely your RC would be much better... If you got traction.. the great feature of mine is AWD option at the start.. ( i tried both and it was a bit quicker with all four wheels hooking up( honestly never even take it out of first gear for the 100')

I have nevr done teh quarter mile yet as I just bought the truck last year and I was only home 35 days last year to drive it.

As for the guy from texas.. Not worried about racing you (if your stock) my truck is stock and we want to find out which QC from factory is faster right. (I know mine isn't factory but it is a option available thru teh dealer with warranty). Anyways either way would race i guess.. Lets say meet halfway.. somewhere in Utah?? lol

The guy that started this thread is from my home town.. W|e actually worked together before.. Maybe he up for the challenge??

And for people saying that the truck is expensive.. yeah it is.. but the price quoted is a Canadian prices and we pay alot more for teh same vehicles in the north... I do know the SRT 10 was about the same price 7 years ago when I was going too buy one.. so lets not talk about prices for new trucks... I am sure in 7 years I will get about the same price for the callaway as you all do for the SRT 10 now..

Hey all I don't know why everyone is putting the beat down on my friend with the Callaway, it's a nice truck. And with the modern transmission more then likely quicker then a STOCK quad cab. I started this thread last year because I thought that it was cool somebody produced a modern muscle truck with warranty. Everyone back talking here is either a RC or non stock quad cab. I was at the small race last year and he did beat a stock quad cab. But the real fast truck that day if I remember was a Ford Eco boost Ext. cab long box lol. He had to have a tune? Anyways slow down on the hating a nice truck is still a nice truck. And maybe this summer we'll have a race if we're both ever home at the same time. And don't forget a 2006 SRT 10. Quad cab in Canada was well oner 60K MSRP back in 06.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back