2012 Viper to have Ferrari V10 !!!!

robwclark said:
Are you serious? As in a Ford truck? Now on a ford car thats cool, but all ford trucks suck...period.

I am mainly just spouting off but I have owned dozens of Ford trucks since 1976....never had any problems...I would have no problem buying a F-150 today...but I do prefer the new Ram......of course a Shelby would be nice too...

TNVIPER said:
I am mainly just spouting off but I have owned dozens of Ford trucks since 1976....never had any problems...I would have no problem buying a F-150 today...but I do prefer the new Ram......of course a Shelby would be nice too...
:boring: :boring: :boring: :boring: :boring: :vollkommenauf: :bandit:

TNVIPER said:

And I think I came across wrong. For instance.....Every year I buy a New 3500 truck to pull my Gooseneck car Hauler. Back in 99, 2000, 01, 02, I ALWAYS went Ford because they were simply the best. I think I bought a GMC in 2002, then went to a Dodge in 2004. I drove dodges until this past year, I went back to a 2008 GMC. As soon as the new body Dodge comes out with the New Cummins in 2011, I will be riding dodge again. Then in 2014 if Ford EVVVVVER comes out with a new body style, I will be in an F350 once again. My point is, I love all domestic brands ford included, but currently ford has crap-for-trucks, and thats straight fact.

robwclark said:
And I think I came across wrong. For instance.....Every year I buy a New 3500 truck to pull my Gooseneck car Hauler. Back in 99, 2000, 01, 02, I ALWAYS went Ford because they were simply the best. I think I bought a GMC in 2002, then went to a Dodge in 2004. I drove dodges until this past year, I went back to a 2008 GMC. As soon as the new body Dodge comes out with the New Cummins in 2011, I will be riding dodge again. Then in 2014 if Ford EVVVVVER comes out with a new body style, I will be in an F350 once again. My point is, I love all domestic brands ford included, but currently ford has crap-for-trucks, and thats straight fact.

The Ford trucks may be crap now...:dontknow: ...I cant argue that since the last Ford i owned was a 2001...

i dont know how practical it would be for ferrari/fiat to make a new motor (v10). they usually stick with the 8 and 12 cylinders for there cars. the 10's were more for racing. i guess we'll have to wait and see. 9000 rpm though is a lot of fun though when you have the chance to get up there.

TNVIPER said:
The Ford trucks may be crap now...:dontknow: ...I cant argue that since the last Ford i owned was a 2001...

I can argue it. We have a 08 F-450 and have had no problems with it. I test drove both the 08 ram 3500 and the F-450 in the same day and the F-450 feels alot more solid. (and it doesn't hurt that the interior is way better)

robwclark said:
.... Then in 2014 if Ford EVVVVVER comes out with a new body style, I will be in an F350 once again. My point is, I love all domestic brands ford included, but currently ford has crap-for-trucks, and thats straight fact.

I don't like the new Ford body style either. :puke: I know they had some issues with the 6.4L diesel when it came out, but I don't know if they corrected it. I think there was a major step backwards in all the heavy-duty trucks (of each brand) due to the new emission standards. I hope they can make it work. The Fords do have superior build quality, IMO.

Black1 said:
I don't like the new Ford body style either. :puke: I know they had some issues with the 6.4L diesel when it came out, but I don't know if they corrected it. I think there was a major step backwards in all the heavy-duty trucks (of each brand) due to the new emission standards. I hope they can make it work. The Fords do have superior build quality, IMO.

Ford does have a superior build quality in many areas on many models, but absolutely not on all vehicles, and certainly not on the current superduty. Its NOT a new body style, its a facelifted re-do from a 12 yr old slate. They claimed an "All New Superduty" in 2005 and in 2008. How they legally did that is beyond me. The current superduty platform is on a slate from 99, and released in Dec of 97 as a 99 model. I personally wouldnt have one unless I am re-selling. The new GM HD body is absolutely great, and the new Ram HD coming out next month will be unbeatable unless they take some kind of step backwards. I have driven all the brands each with heavy loads extensively. Whe I say heavy, I mean I weighed as much as 38,000 lbs. 38,000 lbs is overloading any of the 3 trucks, but this is where they show true character. The worst by far is a 2WD Superduty as the ride is absolutely horrible with a heavy load, and the body structure squeeks & rattles like crazy. The 4WD is better but still rattles your teeth under heavy load. The best engine of the 3 is the Duramax hands-down straight up no argument.

The 6.4 Powerstroke & 6.7 Cummins have a terrible record......not because they have so many problems, but because they are declining warranty work LIKE CRAZY with the excuse of "dirty fuel", yet both are working on a new fuel filtering system.

Now for the other side of things: As soon as ford does finally perform a true redesign on the Superduty I will be the first in line. The last 99 Superduty blew the competition away(in all categories) when it first came out. But, it is getting old now and in serious need of a complete redesign. The only reason they dont is because somehow they keep selling just like they are.

The 3 companies were all forced by the government to make the diesels greener. They have not taken a step backward at all, but are being forced to make these engines run stupid-clean. Until they figure out a way to get fuel mileage up and still run clean, diesels will have a serious drawback no matter what brand.

05QCSRT10 said:
I can argue it. We have a 08 F-450 and have had no problems with it. I test drove both the 08 ram 3500 and the F-450 in the same day and the F-450 feels alot more solid. (and it doesn't hurt that the interior is way better)

Interior is way better , but the exterior......no way. I have never hauled with an F450, but I have driven one. The 19.5 wheels & suspension sure make a bumpy ride, and the cab is noise is up there. The platform is just so aged. I guess thats the main reason I pick the others.

WOW dodge/fiat v-10 to a ford truck, I can say 1 thing about ford....They did not need a bailout and are not owned by another country and the goverment now. dodge and gm are. And cummins hands down beats the duratrash and nostroke anyday :)

Hatedonmostly said:
WOW dodge/fiat v-10 to a ford truck, I can say 1 thing about ford....They did not need a bailout and are not owned by another country and the goverment now. dodge and gm are. And cummins hands down beats the duratrash and nostroke anyday :)

Nope, the Duramax is the engine of choice on the new ones. The current Cummins has MAJOR fuel filtering problems as does the 6.4 Powerstroke. The duramax has a fine filtering system, and absolutely kills the others in power. Simply read ANY 2008-newer comparison in any mag. The last test I read I believe was in Truck trend where it even outpulled the F450 badly. Also, I have owned all 3 recently and the duramax has unagruably more power. Just wait though....... The new Cummins coming out in 2011 or 12 will be awesome.

robwclark said:
Nope, the Duramax is the engine of choice on the new ones. The current Cummins has MAJOR fuel filtering problems as does the 6.4 Powerstroke. The duramax has a fine filtering system, and absolutely kills the others in power. Simply read ANY 2008-newer comparison in any mag. The last test I read I believe was in Truck trend where it even outpulled the F450 badly. Also, I have owned all 3 recently and the duramax has unagruably more power. Just wait though....... The new Cummins coming out in 2011 or 12 will be awesome.

I'm talking about older cummins not the new 08 or 09, guy I work with has a duramax 04 I think, spends more time getting anti freeze leaks and head issues fixed then anything, He was afraid to hook up bumpers with a f-350 at our work haha even a H-2. But he does abuse his truck maybe thats why it runs like shit.

Hatedonmostly said:
I'm talking about older cummins not the new 08 or 09, guy I work with has a duramax 04 I think, spends more time getting anti freeze leaks and head issues fixed then anything, He was afraid to hook up bumpers with a f-350 at our work haha even a H-2. But he does abuse his truck maybe thats why it runs like shit.

100% right. Older cummins are the best by-FAR!!!!

robwclark said:
100% right. Older cummins are the best by-FAR!!!!

I'm not a diesel nutt, But i read these 8lug books at work, And almost everything is cummings. But I heard they have weak trannys and the chevy allison trannys are one of the best??? Never really big into diesels but kinda neat to look at and see the crazy gains from simple mods :D

Hatedonmostly said:
I'm not a diesel nutt, But i read these 8lug books at work, And almost everything is cummings. But I heard they have weak trannys and the chevy allison trannys are one of the best??? Never really big into diesels but kinda neat to look at and see the crazy gains from simple mods :D

Dodge trans and rear-ends are/were crap... they always have been.

Black1 said:
Dodge trans and rear-ends are/were crap... they always have been.

Yea back in the day they sucked bad until the 6 spd manual in 99 I think it was. The rear ends and newer trannys are no worse than any other in my experience.

robwclark said:
The Duramax felt slower than the rest to me :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

TNVIPER said:
Sad day when an American sports car is powered by a foreign motor.....sorry guys, I just cant be excited by this news...bad enough we americans have become such idiots we have to have foreign companies help us stay in business......maybe I should just buy a Nissan....they are made here in TN....:bebored:
Amen brother

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back