2014 Ford Lightning

canviper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's actually not a Lightning. It's called the Ford Tremor and it's a short wheel base Ford with a Eco-Boost and 4.10 gears. It'll be out in 2014. Just putting it out there for general reading. Also looks like it comes in 2x4 and 4x4. I've never driven an Eco-Boost but I hear there quit torquey off the line. It will be interesting when this truck comes out. :dontknow:

All-New 2014 Ford F-150 Tremor Is World's First EcoBoost-Powered Sport Truck | Ford Motor Company Newsroom http://media.ford.com/images/10031/2014_F150Tremor.pdf

stock it looks pretty ugly. But with a twin turbo set up in the ecoboost I'm sure there is room for mega improvment from the right tuner. The baja 1000 ecoboost F150 is awesome!

When I was working at a ford dealership they said they would never come out with anything like the lightning again. I think this is more to replace the ranger then anything else. Working at a ford dealer I drive the eco boost cars and f150s all the time. They are quick off the line but thats about it

When I was working at a ford dealership they said they would never come out with anything like the lightning again. I think this is more to replace the ranger then anything else. Working at a ford dealer I drive the eco boost cars and f150s all the time. They are quick off the line but thats about it

The Tremor is a hell of a replacement for the always lame sauce Ranger. I would say the Tremor is something to bridge the gap until Ford decides what they want to do.

Its a v6.. wait till people put exhaust on them lmao

honestly the way some of our trucks sound with an exhaust...I wouldn't crack jokes lol. I've heard some V-6's with a Borla or Magnaflow that sounded pretty deep. More so than ours.

Agreed these trucks are supposed to be pretty quick with a tune and exhaust work. I'm having fun with this thread like most of the SRT owners should. But alot of the Hemi guys discussions are getting pretty heated on other forums talking about this truck. I think it's good for competition.

honestly the way some of our trucks sound with an exhaust...I wouldn't crack jokes lol. I've heard some V-6's with a Borla or Magnaflow that sounded pretty deep. More so than ours.

Im not gonna lie these trucks do sound kind of funky with some exhaust people put on them lol put the right exhaust and it will sound alot like a viper and not a v6 jajaja ive heard a taurus sho with magnaflow and it sounded like a straight v6 :/

U really think so? The regular ecoboost do 14.5-15 1/4mile

Keep in mind they likely change the mapping depending on the vehicle and setup. I would think the factory tune on the Tremor is a little more performance oriented than a regular EcoBoost F150. And as Dom said, a tune on a auto TT and that thing probably opens up quite a bit.

Im not gonna lie these trucks do sound kind of funky with some exhaust people put on them lol put the right exhaust and it will sound alot like a viper and not a v6 jajaja ive heard a taurus sho with magnaflow and it sounded like a straight v6 :/

yeah mine isn't that great right now lol. Gotta get different cans to replace the MBRP ones. I just don't feel like cutting up the exhaust again.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back