2014 Hemi Ram Procharger install

Does Procharger has a base tune that you simply upload and its ready to go?

If you buy the full kit they send you a Diablo tuner with the kit. You make a backup of the factory tune and email it to them, within 24 hours you have a base tune so you can drive the truck. The tune they send is for a stock truck other than the supercharger, so headers, throttle body, etc. they won't tune for. You have to have additional tuning done to cover that.

I thought this build would be done at the Procharger, but it wasn't. Just finished installing Inertia Motorsports ported heads and a custom grind cam.

stock heads removed:

Ported heads

Stock cam next to the custom cam:

The best part, video of it running with a few revs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPKF2ZykHdM

Who's doing the tune for that truck? Did Stu give them something or are they taking it to a shop. I know AJ (hemituner) isn't too far from PA. Curious if it's him or not. Should make some serious numbers. What is the owner doing about the trans?

Who's doing the tune for that truck? Did Stu give them something or are they taking it to a shop. I know AJ (hemituner) isn't too far from PA. Curious if it's him or not. Should make some serious numbers. What is the owner doing about the trans?

I have it at a local tuner now, but gave him AJ's info if he had any questions.

Sounds great.

Thanks!

Aj is a great guy. I use johan on my jeep. Both are very easy to work with. Jersey boy is a dick. Nice work.

Aj is a great guy. I use johan on my jeep. Both are very easy to work with. Jersey boy is a dick. Nice work.
AJ is a great guy. He did the tune on my supercharged hemi before this truck. Great to work with. I've also only ever heard great things about Johan too.

First run the truck made 480rwhp, but we lost 1.5 psi of boost with the addition of the heads and cam. Still awaiting final numbers.

Those are some good initial numbers. Any idea what is safe HP numbers for the 5.7Hemi stock bottom end?
I think around 500 whp is what is safe on the hemis. I'd be more worried about the trans though. Even if it is the 8 speed they don't hold up to lots of power very well...

Those are some good initial numbers. Any idea what is safe HP numbers for the 5.7Hemi stock bottom end?

Not 100% on what they can handle, but I may be talking him into building the bottom end to eliminate the question.

That's impressive. Did I noticed a shift during the dyno run? I noticed on mine that the tow/haul mode doesn't lock it out of top gear like on older vehicles. Not sure how dyno operators have to run these newer trucks with 8 speed transmission and keep them in the 1:1 gear.

That's impressive. Did I noticed a shift during the dyno run? I noticed on mine that the tow/haul mode doesn't lock it out of top gear like on older vehicles. Not sure how dyno operators have to run these newer trucks with 8 speed transmission and keep them in the 1:1 gear.

On that particular run it did shift. That's a great question and I will need to ask him how he kept it in 1:1. I couldn't believe it made over 500 wheel. Now it's time to find the weak link, I just hope it doesn't happen too soon.

I honestly don't know, on paper it should be around 530hp at the flywheel.

Nailed it on the estimate, is he going to 1/4 mile it and where does your crystal ball put him at ?

Have you been in it for a test ride and how does it feel comparing it to your truck ?

He's gonna surprise some folks for sure:D

Nailed it on the estimate, is he going to 1/4 mile it and where does your crystal ball put him at ?

Have you been in it for a test ride and how does it feel comparing it to your truck ?

He's gonna surprise some folks for sure:D

It will not see the track unfortunately. I have driven it and I'm pretty sure it would walk my truck on a highway roll but the complete lack of traction at any speed below 50mph would give my truck the edge in a 1/4 mile. He has been hunting Mustangs since he got it back, lol.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back