300 SRT-8's, Love 'em or Hate 'em

moparracing said:
personally not for me...... do see alot of 65+ yr olds drivin' them though..... ;) :D

You know, it's not the old folks I see with them up here. It's those with a proclivity to give anyone within a mile a taste of rap music, and teach you that 26" wheels will fit in the place of 18's.:p

moparracing said:
personally not for me...... do see alot of 65+ yr olds drivin' them though..... ;) :D

Ram From Hell said:
You know, it's not the old folks I see with them up here. It's those with a proclivity to give anyone within a mile a taste of rap music, and teach you that 26" wheels will fit in the place of 18's.:p

But.... :( I'm none of those..

huge difference between a 6cyl/5.7 and the SRT. I don't see many pimped out srt8's but when they are they are SWEET!

Some Kooks longtubes, JBA catback, KW2's and a tune and your ready to roll out on most anything on the street.

OOOO and some 22" SRT replica wheels. Thats what we would like to do.

thats kind of like saying all you see are toothless rednecks driving rams but we all know that rednecks that afford SRT10's gots us them's gold teeth's! ;)

I'm not 65 and I am not one of those that puts a 3,000 watt amp in the sound system. I simply like the comfort of the 300 with the HP of a Hot Rod. It simply fits my lifestyle.

When someone wants to jump on what they think is a normal 300C so they can get another "Kill" to tell their friends about you simply Kick their @ss and they are left with a really funny look on their face as you simply walk them... :) It's like being a "Snipper", they don't know anything until they are already dead :D

Da1Chief said:
I'm not 65 and I am not one of those that puts a 3,000 watt amp in the sound system. I simply like the comfort of the 300 with the HP of a Hot Rod. It simply fits my lifestyle.

When someone wants to jump on what they think is a normal 300C so they can get another "Kill" to tell their friends about you simply Kick their @ss and they are left with a really funny look on their face as you simply walk them... :) It's like being a "Snipper", they don't know anything until they are already dead :D

But more and more people are becoming aware of them. I get people driving fast and stupid behind me but when they get to where I am they slow down and/or don't pass me at all.

If I had $$$, I'd buy one. I've driven the 300 at several Track Experiences and IMO they will hold there own quite nicely in the acceleration, handling and braking departments. Just do your homework when buying used and make sure the applicable TSB's and servicing are up to date.

Da1Chief said:

I agree. That's just what I'd have one for.

Da1Chief said:
It's like being a "Snipper", they don't know anything until they are already dead :D

Uh, sniper?:D

Originally Posted by moparracing
personally not for me...... do see alot of 65+ yr olds drivin' them though.....
:p :p :p :argh: :argh: :argh:

Originally Posted by Ram From Hell
You know, it's not the old folks I see with them up here. It's those with a proclivity to give anyone within a mile a taste of rap music, and teach you that 26" wheels will fit in the place of 18's.

Venom Power said:
But.... :( I'm none of those..

me either :dontknow:

I say get it :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :burnout:

As already stated the 08s have a MUCH better interior. The 300 SRT is my favorite of the 3(magnum, charger, 300). The body is getting dated and new redesigned 2011 model is awesome. watch out as the 300C SRT8 has 4 different group option packages which greatly effect pricing. If you fins one with all 3 SRt option groups you can pay extra for it. Look for the REC(nav ) radio, the Kicker sub in the trunk, the rear seat DVD-video, side airbags, HID headlamps, and if your looking at 08-up check for dual antennas on the roof indicating it has the Sirius backseat TV option with 3 satellite TV channels.

robwclark said:
As already stated the 08s have a MUCH better interior. The 300 SRT is my favorite of the 3(magnum, charger, 300). The body is getting dated and new redesigned 2011 model is awesome. watch out as the 300C SRT8 has 4 different group option packages which greatly effect pricing. If you fins one with all 3 SRt option groups you can pay extra for it. Look for the REC(nav ) radio, the Kicker sub in the trunk, the rear seat DVD-video, side airbags, HID headlamps, and if your looking at 08-up check for dual antennas on the roof indicating it has the Sirius backseat TV option with 3 satellite TV channels.
I am planning on going to the stealer and test driving one tomorrow. I went today and test drove the Benz C300... Beautiful car, nice interior, and stout little engine to be a V6. But it seems that its only "stout" when the car wants it to be. Almost like the computer is telling me that I have no reason to be having fun in it. Too computer driven...

Put it in 1st.......... get it to 30, let of then stomp the piss out of it! From a 30, and 60 roll these things a deadly!

I hurt my buddies back in the maggy! and he has a 10 sec TA. He bitched the whole night that he wasnt ready for it roll out like that at 30. We get 18 mpgs also, and 21 at 75 on the free way.

Hold the nav and music buttons (i think) to get the 0-60 time to come on ;)

bigike said:
Hold the ESP button in for 15 sec below 10 mph and get rid of most of the nannies.

You need to be stopped to do a "full of ESP"...you will probably amaze the salesman when you do this...probably isnt 1 in a 100 know....from the owner's manual...

Partial Off
The “Partial Off†mode is intended for times when a
more spirited driving experience is desired. It is also
intended for driving in deep snow, sand, or gravel.
This mode disables the TCS portion of the ESP and
raises the threshold for ESP activation, which allows
for more wheel spin than what ESP normally allows.
The “ESP OFF†button is located in the switch
panel above the radio. To enter the “Partial
Off†mode, momentarily depress the “ESP
OFF†button and the
ESP/TCS Indicator
Light
 will illuminate. To turn the ESP on again, momentarily
depress the
ESP OFF button and the ESP/TCS
Indicator Light
 will turn off.

NOTE:
To improve the vehicle’s traction when driving
with snow chains, or when starting-off in deep snow,
sand, or gravel, it may be desirable to switch to the
“Partial Off†mode by momentarily depressing the “ESP
OFF†button. Once the situation requiring “Partial Offâ€
mode is overcome, turn the ESP on again by momentarily
depressing the “ESP OFF†button. This may be done
while the vehicle is in motion.

Full Off
This mode is intended for off-highway or off-road use
only and should not be used on any public roadways.
In this mode, all TCS and ESP stability features are
turned off. To enter the “Full Off†mode, depress and
hold the “ESP OFF†button for 5 seconds while the
vehicle is stopped with the engine running. After 5
seconds, a chime will sound, the
ESP/TCS Indicator
Light
 will illuminate, and the ESP OFF message will
display in the vehicle odometer. Press and release the
trip odometer button located on the instrument cluster
to clear this message. The “ESP OFF†message may
appear in the Electronic Vehicle Information Center