392 chally

I rode in one, didn't feel any faster than my R/T challenger til we hit 70mph than it really picked up
Really? Because the biggest benefit to the 6.1 over the 6.4 was supposed to be a fatter power band and way more bottom end torque. I think your seat-of-the-pants-meter is miss-calibrated. :D

I test drove a 6.1 and a 6.4 (both 6-speeds)....6.1 wasn't very fast....and the 6.4 computer killed timing if you tried to power shift....even with the TC off. I didn't like either car.

I drove both the 5.7 R/T and the 392 SRT on the track at the SRT Driving expirience. Unfortunately, BOTH cars were auto's....

The R/T was so soft and wimpy... I would never consider one.

The SRT had great breaks and handling. We had to keep the TC on so the car was SLOOOOOW. You could feel it pull back when on the gas. I would be on the instructors ass going into and through the turns, then on the way out, he would walk away :mad:

Sure would be fun to drive a 6 speed SRT 392 tuned ;)

The real fun rides were the SRT-8 300 and the Jeeps:rock:

Really? Because the biggest benefit to the 6.1 over the 6.4 was supposed to be a fatter power band and way more bottom end torque. I think your seat-of-the-pants-meter is miss-calibrated. :D

Wait a min, your saying that the 6.4 is peakier(sp?) Than the already peaky 6.1?

Wait a min, your saying that the 6.4 is peakier(sp?) Than the already peaky 6.1?

No, I am saying the opposite. The 6.4 is touted as being torquier and less "peaky" than the 6.1. Disclaimer: I am merely regurgitating what I have read. I don't have any personal experience with the 6.4.

No, I am saying the opposite. The 6.4 is touted as being torquier and less "peaky" than the 6.1. Disclaimer: I am merely regurgitating what I have read. I don't have any personal experience with the 6.4.

Ah, well perhaps I should go test drive one, since I am off work today

I drove a 5.0, I began trying to figure out a way to afford buying on lol.

I do what I can :D

You have some well thought out mods on your truck. How do you like that throttle body?

Thanks. Its definitely a quality piece and an improvement. I might be trying the arrow racing single blade next since I'm going turbo.

Hahaha you will come home with your truck the steelership will try to offer you nothing for our trucks

Funny you mention that, went the the dealership with the wife's 06 300srt and they offered me 14500.....I walked out laughing at them, the 300 is getting some upgrades:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back