4.56 gears used

EXCESSV said:
I know someone thinking this so here it is..... What will a 373 do to fuel economy?

Improve it duh! :elefant: :dontknow:

the lower the gear the lower ur overdrive rpm the better gas milage

EXCESSV said:
Boy that was good any idea how much 2 to 3 mpg I would guess?

most likely cause thats a big diff. from 4.56s i have 3.92s and get like 20 mpg but then again im just a lil HEMI :dontknow:

daytonahemi08 said:
most likely cause thats a big diff. from 4.56s i have 3.92s and get like 20 mpg but then again im just a lil HEMI :dontknow:
If I drove carefully I could get 20 MPG on the highway with my stock 4.10s.

Bill.

daytonahemi08 said:
really wats ur rpm at??

He's a regular cab. The quad cabs get far worse mileage because the top gear in the 48re tranny is not very high, diesel towing transmission remember.

Chub, try selling them on a 4x4 forum. The gears fit a standard low pinion D60 center section.

Scrambler1 said:
He's a regular cab. The quad cabs get far worse mileage because the top gear in the 48re tranny is not very high, diesel towing transmission remember.

Chub, try selling them on a 4x4 forum. The gears fit a standard low pinion D60 center section.

o ok that makes sence its a 6 speed

if i had a quad cab srt i would swap out the stock 4.56 gears and try 3.23 or whatever ratio is available around there, should be able to get good mileage out of it then....might be doggy on bottom end and probably limited towing....

If your looking for some gears for the drag strip go with 4.88s is the only way maybe .50 right of the bat im guessing if you can hook up

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back