6speedquadcab's build thread

When I did my swap, the pedals were the most annoying and time consuming part. I spent two hours drinking beer, cursing and pulling the pedal basket out, then another 3 hours drinking beer, cursing and putting the new pedal basket in. It fought me the whole time but I got it in.

I'm almost two years on my swap and it was worth it.

My buddy E (SRT2SLOW) has done this swap for friends and members several times now. He did the pedal assembly swap with a beer in one hand the whole time. I guess all that practice has paid off. Lol :D

All jokes aside, he did say it was the hardest part of the swap. Now I'm just waiting on my tax refund to finally finish this bad girl.

Pedal basket is the same for the manual or automatic, just swap the brake pedal and add the clutch pedal, a lot less hassle.

My buddy E (SRT2SLOW) has done this swap for friends and members several times now. He did the pedal assembly swap with a beer in one hand the whole time. I guess all that practice has paid off. Lol :D

I call them 1 arm workers/helpers. When you see 6 peeps doing it simultaneously it's funny as hell. We put up a 10'X24' barn style shed in a weekend. I came out of the house with another round of beer. When I seen everyone doing it I laughed my ass off. Would have probably been done by Saturday night if they used 2 hands. Lol

Pedal basket is the same for the manual or automatic, just swap the brake pedal and add the clutch pedal, a lot less hassle.

You are probably right about this being less of a hassle, but this man already knew all the tools he would need and literally did it in an hour or so. I didn't want to mess around with removing snap rings as doing that outside the truck is easy, but under that dash it is a bigger pain than swapping the whole basket in my opinion.

I call them 1 arm workers/helpers. When you see 6 peeps doing it simultaneously it's funny as hell. We put up a 10'X24' barn style shed in a weekend. I came out of the house with another round of beer. When I seen everyone doing it I laughed my ass off. Would have probably been done by Saturday night if they used 2 hands. Lol

I'm sure it would be, but it's just not as challenging. We wouldn't want to make it too too easy now would we? :D

Last edited:
Hells yeah. You got her goin your way now! At this rate you may beat my swap!

Keep going!

I LOVE my 6-speed quad cab. The look on peoples faces when I tell them its a stick is priceless!

Thanks gents. Now it's just installation and getting that driveshaft in as I will be borrowing E's in the meantime.

Thanks gents. Now it's just installation and getting that driveshaft in as I will be borrowing E's in the meantime.

The most annoying part was swapping out the pedal assembly. If I had to do it again id remove the drivers seat.

The most annoying part was swapping out the pedal assembly. If I had to do it again id remove the drivers seat.

Why. Hopefully you never have to do one Again.

i don't know which console your using but just saw one on ebay for 04-05, complete for 300

All you need is the lower console thats about 80-100bucks.

Great! I can't wait to see this project done and you enjoying your "new" truck!

Why. Hopefully you never have to do one Again.

All you need is the lower console thats about 80-100bucks.

I'm not a contortionist. Its only 4 bolts and will free up a ton of room.

And,

I'd gladly help anyone with the swap.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back