6th exhaust, still not happy, help

My bride woulda stomped my guts out if I swung and missed on the 2nd try, but I'd still be right where you are now if I wasn't happy, just in the dawghouse is all...

Good luck getting it squared away...

SANCHOBA said:
hell i can't get enough,i drive around with the back window open:rock: :D

I see you have the magna-flow/ B&B set-up. You pleased?
Starting my hunt and looking for the best combo.

moparracing said:
not a hater, bro....... magnaflow is better than stock. :D
nah ,if u put jmb catless mids with a stock muffler i think it sounds better than magnablows:marchmellow: :marchmellow:

ps: i really cant understand the point of this thread ,u want a quiet aftermarket exhaust thats only loud to people outside the truck and not inside it:banghead:

I had no cats and the Borla... I loved the sound...... Nice and round with no snaps, pops or that "blappy" sound...... Just a nice round gurgle and roar. I once said it sounded like Godzilla gargling motor oil......

But, this is thee most subjective (personal) issue of all......... Everyone likes something different... Like chocolate vs: cherry vanilla (or _______ ).

The catless Borla is not loud 'til until WOT, but when it opens up.... Mama...

D

I went with the Billy Boat setup. It's the deepest sounding exhaust system I could find/hear and see on the market. Deep as in V8 deep as MR said but when you get into it it still sounds like a V10, just deeper and less ricie. I get mine back next week......can't wait. Long tubes, catless mids and catback with customized RH side header due to my RHD conversion. :)

Bassani headers, JMB catless mids, Magnaflow resonators and Magnaflow catback. Loud but tolerable. It get really loud past 80 MPH.

moparracing said:
i did, sounds awesome.......:rock:

unlike the "big brown truck" sound, ya get what ya pay for !!!:D
My Magnaflow sounds good and is still holding together after 1500 miles.:D

sleeper said:
My Magnaflow sounds good and is still holding together after 1500 miles.:D

I got 3 comments from strangers this evening on how "badazz" my exhaust sounds...Magnaflow still looks new with 9K+ miles...:rock:

I get comments all the time about my Magnaflow on how it makes it sound exotic or loud as hell.

that is a dyno pull........................ A frickin-Mazing!

Small start up and rev

NO RESINATION AT ALL...............

TWISTER MUFFLERS..............THEY ALSO MAKE A GREAT CHEAP I FLOW RESONATOR.

The flows are your problem. When you were a kid did you ever ride in a fox body mustang with flows that didn't resonate?

Ditch them chambered mufflers ar sooooooooooooooo 1993 :)

HOT RAM said:
Me,too ! :D And much cheaper ! :rock:

I did the jmb mids with a stock exhaust and it sounded like a KAZOO!!!:puke:

I switched to the cheep-ass magnablow with the mids and it sounds great... TO ME! :dontknow:

But i've never really cared what anyone else thinks...
If I did I'd drive a Preus..?:p

moparracing said:
personally, i love my b&b exaust - closest you'll get a v-10 to sound like a v-8........ :rock:

I knew you were gonna say that :p

After just taking my cats off last week, I was a concerned about what the new sound would be....But glad to say, IMHO, that the Borla mufflers are freaking awesome....It gurgles deep, and with no cats, it doesnt sound like a, well, viper car! I didnt pay for the mufflers (previous owner) but I think they're a little pricier- But sound 10x better with no cats vs 4 or 2....Good Luck with whatever you choose!:rock:

I have the magnaflows and have no complaints. with the resonators and headers added it sounds good to me. before i put the headers on i had a drone around 70 mph. Headers took that right away and changed the tone a bit.

The Itch said:
I did the jmb mids with a stock exhaust and it sounded like a KAZOO!!!:puke:

I switched to the cheep-ass magnablow with the mids and it sounds great... TO ME! :dontknow:

But i've never really cared what anyone else thinks...
If I did I'd drive a Preus..?:p

I forgot to mention that I had to install an "H" pipe crossover to make it sound right.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back