A new boat?

belgiumbarry said:
a good boat were you don't hear the engines exists... but in the higher class...$$$$$$
trawlers do not make much noise, low revving diesels, good insulation
belgiumbarry said:
Ok, i have a twin setup in my sailboat but that is mainly for safety .... or cruising the Med when wind stops :D and some time schedule demands it... or want to reach a harbor within bad weather forcast.....it are also 2 low-rev diesels for low noise ....
Tilted all the time.... yes, a little bit as i've choosen a heavy displacement with big initial righting moment.... depending wind force i will be steady on 1 side , you will be rolling both.....
actually they have stablizer systems on large boats, they dont roll except in rough waves.
http://www.thrusters.com/
belgiumbarry said:
work ? no big deal , winches are overdone and long tacks give time....
always smaller ? given the same boat lenght , yes.... just choose your interior space you want and look what boat you're talking. Strange, you know, most people think living a boat in harbors....so why not the space as home... ok... but we found that once sailing a open interior space were you actually can fall is dangerous....so comfortly with grabs in reach ... :)

Also , a planing boat tracks himself steady in heavier wheather but i don't think we are discussing those gas spilling toys... :dontknow:

i am looking for 900-1400 SQft, i think that is 300-500SQ meters.

Last edited:
ZCx said:
what an awesome beautiful ship:rock: :rock: :rock:

& they are in the process of buildin a bigger, faster, better one :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

I really like the idea of the DynaRig... the absence of a (traditional) boom makes everything cleaner and the deck space more usable. The setup isn't a "pretty" as a traditional mast/spar/boom sailing rig, as Norbert pointed out.... but, it functions beautifully and is extremely easy to sail (especially for the yacht's immense size). :rock:

Black1 said:
I really like the idea of the DynaRig... the absence of a (traditional) boom makes everything cleaner and the deck space more usable. The setup isn't a "pretty" as a traditional mast/spar/boom sailing rig, as Norbert pointed out.... but, it functions beautifully and is extremely easy to sail (especially for the yacht's immense size). :rock:

i agree.

excellent combo of old school & high tech:rock: :rock: :rock:

they way they descibe it, must be like ridin on glass smooth water :rock:

did ya see the artical of the "mishap" in San Fran Bay, lol.??????

Last edited:
ARRESTmeRed04 said:
never even knew they had that, will be sure to look into it for a vaction though,

Did a Windjammer cruise a couple years ago..it was pretty cool...250ft sailing ship...went to 6 islands in 6 days in the Carribean...my bar tab was more than my ticket..lol....They have since ceased operations,...the ship I was on is in the port of Aruba rusting away....

ZCx said:
i agree.

excellent combo of old school & high tech:rock: :rock: :rock:

they way they descibe it, must be like ridin on glass smooth water :rock:

did ya see the artical of the "mishap" in San Fran Bay, lol.??????

No, but I did hear about it.... The "captain" of that 40-footer must have shit his pants. LOL :eek: :D

Black1 said:
No, but I did hear about it.... The "captain" of that 40-footer must have shit his pants. LOL :eek: :D

here are the photos posted on YachtPal.com

:D

Attachments

• maltesefalconcrash.jpg
    maltesefalconcrash.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 23
  • maltesefalconcrash1.jpg
    maltesefalconcrash1.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 21
  • maltesefalconcrash2.jpg
    maltesefalconcrash2.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 22
Riff62 said:
Did a Windjammer cruise a couple years ago..it was pretty cool...250ft sailing ship...went to 6 islands in 6 days in the Carribean...my bar tab was more than my ticket..lol....They have since ceased operations,...the ship I was on is in the port of Aruba rusting away....
man that sounds like it'd of been great, esp. being in the carribean:rock:

ARRESTmeRed04 said:
man that sounds like it'd of been great, esp. being in the carribean:rock:

It was great..We started in Antigua for 4 days at a resort, got on the ship and were supposed to go to the southern islands but there was a hurricane coming so we ended up going west..the ship holds 120 but there were only about 40 of us...went to St John, St Maarten, St Barts, Stasia, Nevis, and one other I forget..I wanted to go snorkling, and had my stuff with me all week, but ended up sitting in some grocery store/bar, or gas station/bar every time..We sailed back to Antigua and stayed another 2 days..
Total cost of trip for 2?...about 3,000.00..off season...and let me tell you..we had one HELL of a time...I needed rehab after that..lol
I am trying to convince the wife to go on another cruise next year..or maybe go to Tortola, Yost van Dyke, and that area..she wants to go to Ireland though..lol

Last edited:
nice:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

like the power maker:congrats:

scoobert said:
yeah, i like the gear driven blower :p

thats the way the screamin demon engines are.:rock: :rock: :burnout: :burnout:

they are really shaft driven:elefant: :elefant: :elefant:

the direct drive alt. is good:rock:

Last edited:
thinking about chartering a catamaran in the BVIs next yr...6 people, 10k, all inclusive for 8 days...should be a blast...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back