About to sell my truck, somone talk me out of it?

ktrends

Reaction score
Ok so I kind of went out and bought my truck spur of the moment. I found one of the last new QC's it was the color I wanted and I got what I thought at the time was a great deal 12k off msrp 0% for 72months. Now here it is 6 months in to owning the truck and it is really starting to piss me off. I have roughly 11k miles on the truck, the front tires are cupping like crazy, the turning radius of the truck is about the same as a school bus and the thing is an absolute turd. I bought the truck because I thought it would be just a blast to drive, I figured at truck with 500hp would pretty much blow the tires away and atleast be fun from stop light to stop light, however this thing won't even think about breaking the tires loose ever, and its slower than pretty much any diesel out there with a programer.

Is there somthing I am missing here? is my truck just slower than the rest of them? I see all the time people saying they are running low 13's high 12's in basicly stock trucks. My srt8 ran a 13.2 and it puts 20+ cars on my truck in a race. There has to be some hope I would think?

I have been trying to hold out for the diablo, hoping that maybe a tune would be the switch that made the truck go from boring to blast but it seems it keeps getting delayed over and over. I am starting to think it is time to just take the 10k hit in the shorts and move on.

Somone help me out here!!

call dcperformenc and get the pc up grad stage 2 it will make the truck like it should be

Youn have to get a flash and take away the factory restrictions (torque management) that was put there to save the transmission. You will get other benifits as well

Steve

yea get the stage 2 flash,a 170 t-stat,and JMBs cold air intake.did all that to my truck,now she is a beast have to watch it because it will smoke the tires very easy.

Rotate and balance your tires every 5000 miles, and have the alignment at least checked, this will take care of your cupping.

well I just traded in my truck and I have no regrets, but I do think that before you trade it in you should spend the money to flash it and get rid of the cats. You should have did some reasearch before you bought it because every one knows that QC are slow in stock form,,,, and why worry about the tires , Perrellies are shit anyway. Or trade it in on a RC and "master" the stick and you will be beating just about anything that tries to run you on the street.

I say give youre truck a chance to prove to you its a bad ass machine,,it just needs a little jump

Brat said:
yea get the stage 2 flash,a 170 t-stat,and JMBs cold air intake.did all that to my truck,now she is a beast have to watch it because it will smoke the tires very easy.

:dito: :dito:

Spend a little money on it before you get angry and sell it cause you think it's slow;)

Stock they are OK at best.Put a stage II CAI and Exhaust and it really wakes the mo fo up.These are great trucks.Yeah they turn like a bus but with a few mods and really not alot Of $$$ they run very well for what they are.Remember you are driving a TRUCK that is almost 6000 lbs.!!It is what it is.I love mine.dont give up yet!!

wont grow old said:
Stock they are OK at best.Put a stage II CAI and Exhaust and it really wakes the mo fo up.These are great trucks.Yeah they turn like a bus but with a few mods and really not alot Of $$$ they run very well for what they are.Remember you are driving a TRUCK that is almost 6000 lbs.!!It is what it is.I love mine.dont give up yet!!
could not agree with you more.:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Sold mine and even though I got something much faster, I still miss the truck.

Look into the PCM. I'm sure you will love it after that.

Thanks for all the replies guys. I have a magnaflow cat back, and drop in k&n, you guys are saying the stage 2 does make the night and day difference I am looking for? I guess now the question is buy the stage 2 for 1000+ now or wait for the diablo? any input? Also is going catless worth the gain in performance to deal with swapping them out all the time and the added noise? As anyone dyno'd before and after midpipes?

Thanks again for the help, the only reason i have kept the truck this long is becuase of this website! you guys are great and the information found here is awesome.

BTW: the guy that offered 25k for my truck, i know it was a joke but the sad thing is i had a dealership offer me 26500 for it :mad: .

outnumbered said:
Read my sig and start ordering!!!!

12.95@ 106.71(without headers and TB)
DC Performance Stage 2 flash,
Magnaflow Catback, <---- Check
K&N CAI, <---------------Check (well drop in, but everyone says the cai dosen't make a diff?)

So the stage to flash will pick the truck up 1.5 seconds or so over stock ecu? I guess I need to get on the phone today?:dontknow:

stage 2, no cats, bassani headers will open it up a little bit too. then youll need cal-tracs trust me thats where i was before i bought the roe. the cal tracs were the only thing that kept me up with my wife's charger srt-8

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back