About to trade in my hemi for a srt-10 a few questions

Hemiroid04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1st i am torn between the 04-05 and the 06. I like the 06 exterior but hate the interior. the 04-05 is all around nice but finding one with less miles in my area is hard. So i came here to ask you people of the vtcoa to help me decide what year to get.....

wich years has this and that over that year and any major problems that fall into each year.

also i dont want to get a used and abused truck so can anyone give me tips on what to look for.

thanks everyone.

Here is a pic of my poser srt-10 i have now. i just recently upgraded from the 04 front end to the 06 front end.

Attachments

• SSPX0192.jpg
    SSPX0192.jpg
    509.4 KB · Views: 93
  • SSPX0157.jpg
    SSPX0157.jpg
    320.6 KB · Views: 83
  • 2_3.jpg
    2_3.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 107
pozer :D get some paint on that thing
I say go with an 06, but im a bit biased.

all years have clutch problems, the oem clutchs arent really up to par on the RCs

most other problems are minor run of the mill probs.

you can get an 04 pretty cheap these days, and the QCs are really nice.

we actually have two very nice QC's for sale jsut recently on here, may wnat to take a look and lethlvnm04 I think it is has his 04 rc for sale also

Stinker said:
all years have clutch problems, the oem clutchs arent really up to par on the RCs

most other problems are minor run of the mill probs.

you can get an 04 pretty cheap these days, and the QCs are really nice.

we actually have two very nice QC's for sale jsut recently on here, may wnat to take a look and lethlvnm04 I think it is has his 04 rc for sale also
Don't forget to mention the QC also have weak tranny's, that needs some easy part upgrades to be worthy!

04 to 05 RC upgrades include....most importantly a knock sensor, different rear gear ratio's i.e. better for 0-60, no worries about crank pully's and front brakes are different.

05 to 06 include....completely different front suspension and switched to Canbus wire system for electrical. (this is both good and bad depending)

All will need oil exchanger lines replaced as well as steering pump HP line replaced. Dodge used garbage quick release couplers that leak. And personal opinion....why anyone would purchase a QC is beyond me :p

They are a fun truck...enjoy!

Chuck B said:
04 to 05 RC upgrades include....most importantly a knock sensor, different rear gear ratio's i.e. better for 0-60, no worries about crank pully's and front brakes are different.

05 to 06 include....completely different front suspension and switched to Canbus wire system for electrical. (this is both good and bad depending)

All will need oil exchanger lines replaced as well as steering pump HP line replaced. Dodge used garbage quick release couplers that leak. And personal opinion....why anyone would purchase a QC is beyond me :p

Can you expand upon this...

Chuck B said:

Why anyone would let a certain couple of heavy ass QC's beat them in the 1/8th mil at a certain GTG, is beyond me.:p :p :D

i would say go with an 05.

how much for the front bumper cover??? the truck looks better with the stock chrome bumper

SANTEEN said:
Why anyone would let a certain couple of heavy ass QC's beat them in the 1/8th mil at a certain GTG, is beyond me.:p :p :D

:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

thewelshm

SANTEEN said:
Qc's = rc nightmares on the track!!! :rock:

ARRESTmeRed04 said:
they must be, i've never lost to a QC:D
Haha. Without DR's you would have been another victim at the Panama City GTG. The only trucks that Paul and I lost to, where each other and the "School Bus". Neihter one of us were stupid enough to race Jack.:D

FATJACK said:
You guys must be talking about the R/C that just got wrecked!!:D :D
He was just one of a few that day.:rock: :D But, he was the one with the biggest mouth.;)

SANTEEN said:
Haha. Without DR's you would have been another victim at the Panama City GTG. The only trucks that Paul and I lost to, where each other and the "School Bus". Neihter one of us were stupid enough to race Jack.:D
you wanna wager on that??:D i ran faster than the QC with DR's at the Austin G2G:burnout:

ARRESTmeRed04 said:
you wanna wager on that??:D i ran faster than the QC with DR's at the Austin G2G:burnout:
Then you would have been in the minority that day in Panama.:D Cuz the RC's were droppin' like flys. :D All in good fun.:)

Hemiroid04 said:
1st i am torn between the 04-05 and the 06. I like the 06 exterior but hate the interior. the 04-05 is all around nice but finding one with less miles in my area is hard. So i came here to ask you people of the vtcoa to help me decide what year to get.....

wich years has this and that over that year and any major problems that fall into each year.

also i dont want to get a used and abused truck so can anyone give me tips on what to look for.

thanks everyone.

Here is a pic of my poser srt-10 i have now. i just recently upgraded from the 04 front end to the 06 front end.
Saw ya on dodgetalk.com, welcome to the land of the V10's:D :D

Here is a pic of my poser srt-10 i have now. i just recently upgraded from the 04 front end to the 06 front end.[/QUOTE]
What bothers me is that you see the 06 front end as an upgrade.:p :p :p I think the 04 ,05s look better.

I knew my remark would gather some responses...fact is there are some very fast QC's among us! Guess Im old school...performance means you shift the gears. Back seat? what the hell do you need that for?! :p

Canbus....hmmm. How best to describe plus/minus? From a technology stand point Canbus is leap years ahead. Downside is we the average garage mechanics need to take special cautions when dealing with many of the electrical items. Just using a DVM can cause issues. I do understand however that the 06 system is not canbus throughout, only partial. OThers would be better to answer that one.

I deal with Canbus more in the motorcycle arena and its getting harder and harder to make simple modifications to many of the newer bikes...particularly european types. BMW/Ducati for instance is helping by offering modules so that modifications can be made. Modules convert Canbus speak to 12v/ground for us old school guys.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back