ABS always activating.. Help?

Drewstein

Reaction score
Well I searched and searched but the only thing I found was a recommendation to have the truck scanned.

Truck: 05' QC

Issue: When traveling at low speed I can hear the ABS pump and when I depress the brake the ABS activates even though I have plenty of traction. I only get this at low speed it seems.

I brought the truck to the stealership and asked them to scan it and tell me if the wheel sensor may be the culprit. They basically drove the truck, confirmed the issue and said they have no solution because it didn't throw a code.

I still think it may be a wheel sensor but I don't want to start buying sensors without knowing which one.

Any help? Anyone in Az that can help?

Thats going to be tough to diagnose if you are not getting codes. I would imagine that it's a mechanical type problem if you are not getting codes. Check with JMBJustin for used parts as they just pulled all that stuff off of Dom's truck.

Same size tires on all 4 wheels, fairly new tires too.

I'm not getting a code but the truck is second hand so it may have a tune. Could a tune turn off those codes or mess with that system? I wouldn't think so but it's a shot.

My only other guess is a brake pad that sticking or something?

Is there another way of verifying a wheel sensor is working?

Same size tires on all 4 wheels, fairly new tires too.

I'm not getting a code but the truck is second hand so it may have a tune. Could a tune turn off those codes or mess with that system? I wouldn't think so but it's a shot.

My only other guess is a brake pad that sticking or something?

Is there another way of verifying a wheel sensor is working?

Use a multimeter to check continuity through wheel speed sensors. This sensor has a value of about 1.5 K ohms.

you are getting the low speed false stop i dont know if the front sensors are part of the wheel bearing or not. If they are not look at the tone wheel and see if somthing is stuck in the teeth for the rear i beleive it is just 1 sensor on the ring gear that sensor is easy to take out . Just take it out and clean it off with brake cleaner. By the way if the dealer couldnt figure out what sensor was at fault find a new place to take your truck because just because it didnt throw a code you can moniter all the sensors and find out witch one drops to 0 at a slow roll.

if they ohm out good, could be a wheel bearin goin down on front sensors or frog fur on the rearend sensor screwin up the readin

if they ohm out good, could be a wheel bearin goin down on front sensors or frog fur on the rearend sensor screwin up the readin

Whats a frog fur, my truck doesn't have one.

its the stuff thats on the rear speed sensor,mostly metal shavings like i said clean it off the sensor with brake clean

you are getting the low speed false stop i dont know if the front sensors are part of the wheel bearing or not. If they are not look at the tone wheel and see if somthing is stuck in the teeth for the rear i beleive it is just 1 sensor on the ring gear that sensor is easy to take out . Just take it out and clean it off with brake cleaner. By the way if the dealer couldnt figure out what sensor was at fault find a new place to take your truck because just because it didnt throw a code you can moniter all the sensors and find out witch one drops to 0 at a slow roll.
If I can clean that off easily I'll add that to the list. Maybe I'll pull them all and clean them.

Hopefully the sensors still send a signal with the truck stationary and wheels off.

I was really surprised they couldn't monitor the sensors to see if they were reporting regardless of throwing a code.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back