Ac blend door

Erobins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello gentlemen was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction in finding the ac blend door or should I say simply how do I get to it my passenger side ac does not cool like the drivers side which blows cold air .Also I tried closing my vents for the passenger :dontknow: but no luck with that either 'figured could be wrong of course if it was low on freon it would not blow cold air at all thanks for the help gents :dontknow:

On my 06 4.7 when the blend door broke it wouldnt let air out ac on full blast was like nothing coming out. My 05 is the same way driver side is colder than passenger side. Dont think its a blend door issue

Gotta remove the entire dash----my local man wants $750 to replace that little piece of plastic. Really bad design.

There are really good videos on YouTube on how u can fix it without taking out the dash. Also someone makes a repair kit out there that fixes the problem

Thanks well I think I made the issue worst last night upon taking the motor out I shoved my head up in there and moved the door with a little force and it broke in my hand in two pieces :( so now that was not broken and now it needs to be fixed maybe I don't ever use the recirculate so I'm not worried about that I'll try some freon friday and go from there like I said said though drivers side is freezing air but my lady does not like driving in truck for that reason so idk guys thanks for the help

Freon is not the problem..... it is in the blending. You may have broken the recirc/fresh air door. there is another one to separate the driverside and passengerside...... scour through youtube , the answer is there!! :)

Cool I'll look into that that seems like it could be the issue the door I broke was the recirculating door I'm guessing I should be targeting the blend dooor

Your freon is low! Half the coils get cold when low. Fixed on many trucks. Go in and rip out remaining pieces of recirc door and enjoy nice hard blowing air. Charge freon as label indicates and enjoy hard blowing cold air :rock:

The correct answer is low on refrigerant. It is a Ram issue not a Viper issue. All Rams have crappy A/C. That being said, you compounded the problem by breaking the blend door.

The fix is NOT to just rip it out and call it a day. The part can be replaced. Pricy but it can be done.

Depending on the year you don't have to remove the dash to get the recirculation housing replaced. Yes it's a ram problem we have fixed many at our shop

I actually removed the dash and hvac box earlier this summer for the exact same problem. The drivers side air is cooler than the passenger side. When I took everything out only the recirc door was broken. I replaced all of the doors anyways. It didn't fix it entirely. I wonder whether something is wrong with one of the actuators. I don't know how those work. Overall it took a decent amount of time. Here are some pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_0790 (2).JPG
    IMG_0790 (2).JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0791 (2).JPG
    IMG_0791 (2).JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 29
I had a problem a few years ago so took fan motor off ( passenger side) reached in and door broke. But it blew cold not freezing for a couple of years. When I had to get the dash off to renew ac parts had a new one put in the same time . $90 for the part, A/C now MUCH colder. If passenger side is warm , its Low on Freon...

thewelshm

Taking the dash out is a royal pain took me like 7hrs didnt really know what I was doing at the time. The 7hrs also included putting it back together

Quick update I'm sure you guys won't really approve of this but I monster glued the piece back together clean break because it's not sold separately and popped it in from the bottom tried it without the motor connected obviously and it goes up and down smoothly so I'm going to try what a couple of you guys are saying and what I initially wanted to do and charge it up with freon tomorrow will definetly let you guys know how it goes and thanks bro's n

You can actually do it without removing the dash. Unbolt everything and then slide the passenger side of the dash out towards the pass seat. You can access it that way. That's how i did it.

Final update with this just left the dealer and this thing blows cold air out all the vents freezing cold air really nice guess a couple of you guys nailed it on the thread low on refrigerant verdict also :creep: tech curious how I got the door back on without at least removing glove box idk just stuck my hand back up in there and with a lot of patience got both sides to pop back in anyways thanks bro's

Final update with this just left the dealer and this thing blows cold air out all the vents freezing cold air really nice guess a couple of you guys nailed it on the thread low on refrigerant verdict also :creep: tech curious how I got the door back on without at least removing glove box idk just stuck my hand back up in there and with a lot of patience got both sides to pop back in anyways thanks bro's

Glad to be of help. :burnout:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back