Acetone In Fuel Increases Mileage

Tried it in one of the fleet vehicles we have and we got an increase of 1.5 MPG. Not to shabby....

I wouldnt do it in the SRT :D , but if you had a grocery getter....

-Red

In the article it talks about decreasing excesive blowby which the Truck definitely has blow by when romping on it!!

Thought it may help this??

I just bought one. We'll see.

I just put some in my hemi. I let you know in a week how it does.

Marc T said:
Bone,

Keep us updated!!:burnout:
Just got it in the mail.
I tried it on my Hemi since I have a known code for low coolant temp (low temp thermostat installed) and a Hyperpac to backup the code reading. It not only read the code correctly but it cleared the code for me! I was surpised since the Hemi computer is a difficult computer.:D

I have not tried it on the SRT-10 yet.

Attachments

• dcp_3616.jpg
    dcp_3616.jpg
    325.8 KB · Views: 58
I'm going to try this tonight and see how it does. I'm going to start at 2oz/10gallons to see how it does. I just got off the highway and averaged 16.2mpg at 60mph without it, I'll check tonight and see how it does with it.

It's tough to tell at this point due to the different driving conditions (city/highway), but I definitely have not lost MPG, maybe 5-10 increase, but not enough time yet using it to really make a deduction.

So here are the results thus far.

I added the acetone to the tank with 1/4 of the tank left before I filled it up. I added 5 ounces (2 ounces per 10 gallons), and filled the tank with just over 20 gallons of 93 octane.

As soon as I pull out of the gas station and get to a stop light I immediately notice that the truck feels like the engine isn't running because it's so smooth!!! So I head to the highway.

Cruising at 50mph for just under one minute on level ground -24mpg

Stopped at a stop light, and 50mph for one more minute, level ground -21mpg

Then on the highway at 60mph for 10 minutes - 17.8mpg

Turn around at an exit and get back on the highway for 10 minutes at 60mph - 16.2mpg

So, I know the acetone made a difference, but concluded that somehow it did not dillute into the gas or something, because it wore off over the course of 30 minutes. After further research online, I found one gentleman that mixed the acetone with a gallon of gas before putting it in the tank. So, tried this later this evening.

Mixed 5 ounces with one gallon of gas then poured that into the tank. Drove for about 10-15 minutes to let everything mix around. Then started to get into the throttle a little more. Above 2500-3000 rpms there is a VERY noticable difference in performance. The truck pulls harder than I have ever felt it, even in cold weather and the outside temp was 94 degrees!

I was not able to get an accurate milage reading tonight but will continue testing over the next week and report the results.

Joe

BigBlackQC said:
~515hp and 5600lbs "Quick"

Joe

Joe, what mods do you have to get 515 HP to wheels in a QC?

LOL, not to the wheels...... estimated at the crank..... I'm planning on Nitrous pretty soon, probably starting with 100 shot and the Vec 2 which will help..... I haven't had the truck on the dyno yet to see what it's putting out though

acetone does works guys. we used to use it in road racing all the time. we always made sure to add it when we where endurance racing, as it stretched our fuel out for us. its been an additive since i can remember. its funny how something so simple can be over looked. hell, i used to add it to our race gas, just never thought about it on my dailey driver, i do reccomend this! i am doing in all of my vehicles!

BOOMER said:
acetone does works guys. we used to use it in road racing all the time. we always made sure to add it when we where endurance racing, as it stretched our fuel out for us. its been an additive since i can remember. its funny how something so simple can be over looked. hell, i used to add it to our race gas, just never thought about it on my dailey driver, i do reccomend this! i am doing in all of my vehicles!

Boomer,

The article says that it will reduce oil blowby, did you find this to be the case??

Also, if you were to add the right amount for a full tank of gas will the acetone float to the suface or sink to the bottom of tank (i.e. separate) or does it mix effeciently with the fuel?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back