Acetone In Fuel Increases Mileage

Discussion in 'Performance Mods' started by Marc T, May 29, 2006.

1. rreinicherr

rreinicherr Full Access Member

2. droptail

droptail Full Access Member

Ron, Where to find the Torco, I struck out at the 2 motorcycle dealers here? Were there options for the oil, or is that the best stuff?

3. HOT RAM

HOT RAM Full Access Member

Try www.torcoracefuels.com

4. rottenronnie

rottenronnie Well-Known Member Supporting Member

The Torco oil is the one that is recommended. I don't know how much is fact and how much is hype. Personally, I would be willing to try a different brand of synthetic until someone can explain to me exactly why I should be using Torco instead of Brand X.

From the Torco site...
    Our Distributors in California, USA

Joel Feingold- Accelerator- (310)613-5746 www.jbsblownc5.net

ASA Racing Products Andrew Kelly
    1-866-70-TORCO
    [email protected]

Ron

Last edited: Oct 25, 2006
  5. rreinicherr

I just put in 5 OZ of 100% pure acetone with no increase????? I must be doing something wrong?

6. azpyroguy

azpyroguy Full Access Member

You will not see an immediate increase, follow these steps:

1. Unplug PCM for 15-20 minutes.
    2. Run 2-3 tanks of the stuff.

You will not see a increase under "loaded conditions", but will see an increase under normal daily driving, it will take 2-3 tanks of the stuff before you start
    seeing reproducable results.

I gained an average of 1 to 1.5 mpg.

Scott

7. rreinicherr

Thanks!

I will give it a try and wait a couple more tanks.

8. rottenronnie

rottenronnie Well-Known Member Supporting Member

The increase I got was around 15%; slightly higher than that in the current colder (below freezing weather). So, 15% will give you 11.5 m.p.g. if you used to be getting 10 m.p.g., for example. Not a big difference but that also means a 15% reduction on what you spend on fuel, longer engine life, etc. Now that I have had several tanks through it, it is also cleaning up the pipes. What used to be sooty black from around town driving now are back to shiny stainless steel tips (B&B exhaust) that are clean inside. I can't help but think it is keeping the injectors clean, valves, piston tops, etc. although at this point I haven't torn anything apart to check.

Also, if you are counting on the overhead console to show you an increase or decrease in your mileage, don't. Those things are easily confused. CALCULATING your mileage tank after tank is the only way to verify unless you have a scan gauge. I have tried several back to back tanks (some with acetone and some without), different drivers, etc and the results are conclusive, the stuff just works. My cousin is even using it in his farm tractors.

As a side note, there was also a slight, but noticeable increase in part throttle response with the acetone in my Dodge 1/2 ton 4x4, Jeep Liberty and 2006 325 ci BMW. And not that it is needed as the car gets 70+ m.p.g. around the city right now, but the acetone worked in my daughter's .83 litre diesel Smart car. And it smokes A LOT less now that it also has a chip.

Ron